Aga Khan University

Aga Khan University Employee Reviews

Pakistan46 reviews
I grew from Receptionist to HR Advisor during my tenure of service at the Aga Khan University. The organization provides full time employment with good benefits specially medical and hospitalization, provides opportunities for professional growth and development and recognizes and appreciates the long tenure services.
I had done internship at Aga Khan university hospital for month. I had a good experience there and had learn about the field. The staff there was very helping.
over all good, The working environment is very professional plus friendly. Rules are very strict but salary packages are not market competitive. specially for lower level staff
Examining patients physically and taking down their medical and personal history.

Safeguarding the rights of patients undergoing treatment under them.

Investigating volunteers and declaring them medically and physically fit before joining.

Informing patients about medical support programs and sponsors.
The Aga Khan University (Pakistan) is one of the workplaces of choice in Pakistan. It brings together a diverse pool of professionals who work together as a team. Moreover, it brings together varied stakeholders to a single platform and creates synergy in the efforts to bring about social change. However, this does come without challenges. The work/life balance, oftentimes, is compromised. In addition, the working hours, 8-5 is a bit too much to maintain consistency and make the best use of the time.
Overall good, learning experience good in biochemical genetic lab. An excellent tertiary care hospital even working as welfare organization by supporting patient's needs
Overall it was good experience and best place to learn.Besides this, best place to interact with Health professionals and renowned research team in a world.
Pros
health benefits
Cons
low salary range
I was working as an intern for one year, I have been provided with much knowledge within my field.
I enjoyed working with very cooperative management,
Pros
training classes
Cons
double shifting duties
AKU has made me learn alot of things related to Management, Health research and many more, i will definitely miss this institution wherever i will go, the environment at AKU is so challenging and employee friendly, no occupational Hazards, clean environment fresh air.
It is a wonderful University in the middle of poor city. If you get selected to be either a student or an employ, the opportunities to improve your skill set while learning newer technology are immense.
honor to develop a software for aga khan university hospital
i server 1 year for them. they are good at every thing and cooperate with us for requirement process
It is a great place to work and study. I am a student here, so that's why I am searching for a part time job to raise my standard of living. Apart from that it will help me excel in my life
Pros
great environment
Cons
low salary
Its provides environment for personal and professional growing. As a bank job directly involves interaction with customers, clients, and stakeholders; cooperative and professional attitude is expected from them at the same time in this service sector industry.It gives the chance for equal leadership opportunities and helps to excel in career.
Aga Khan University is one of the best place to work, there are a lot of learning opportunities and you can maintain daily life balance with work easily. AKU provides good benefits to their employees.
A very well-balanced work place. There's a lot of learning at Aga Khan. Career progression is great and has an ideal working -environment for women.

The best part is the work dynamics plus the quality of staff and international exposure gained at the organisation.
I am starting my day with check emails and prior response mails and check my social media(Twitter) and back to work which would do on daily basis. Honesty in blood
Pros
Tea, Economy lunch
Cons
Tea Break of 15 Minutes
I loved working at AKU. It was the place where I got to work under some people who were also the experts in their field. They encouraged me to take initiatives and groomed my skills to help me develop an expert myself. I would like to go back to work there again.
Pros
Good salary and benefits; Great professional environment
Rarely would there be a day when work was routine. Work has always been technically and administratively intense.

I learned that I can push myself more than I ever did. While my company grew, I grew too in terms of leadership, technical skills, hard work, commitment.

The management was detail-oriented with a long term perspective. So it had high expectations from its employees. The workplace was cooperative and competitive.

The hardest part of the job was the excessive hours one had to invest in work. The enjoyable part was the work itself.
Pros
Medical benefits
Cons
New Research projects taking off, i am the main HR Lead and have to set up new teams and establish connections all over. We all work as one team together in harmony and assist one another as achievement of objectives is ultimately beneficial for our organization.The tough part is to strike a balance between work and home at the moment as the demands of work is crucial at the moment with tight deadlines. However, the rewarding part is that these research projects ultimately benefit the lower-income group and attract aid from 1st world countries for our country.
Pros
Free Lunches, Unlimited Medical Allowance
Cons
Long Hours
This is a good company and organisation to work at if you're interested in having a career in healthcare. As a medical university, it has valuable experience to give to its employees.
Very good institute as far as the country is concern. Lots of new techniques. Very advance system of learning and great for medical students to learn. Not much salary and a little leg pulling
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Aga Khan University. Our community is ready to answer.
4.4