Askari Bank Limited

Askari Bank Limited Employee Reviews in Lahore

Lahore14 reviews
It was my internship and that was unpaid, but all of those i learnt slightly good and stressful conditions had faced sometimes meanwhile my supervisor taught me in how to deal with various banking activities confidently.
an fine job to start with but i didn't feel like making a career out of it. i feel like there was limited growth in future. and i had a plan to switch banking for quit some time.
Good place to work if some one is looking forward to understanding banking culture and norms. Askari Bank like any other bank offers good career path to the individuals who can strive, work hard and have passion to cover an extra mile.
A typical day in Askari where work started at exactly 9 AM where on a daily basis you had to make sure all the customers were kept in check since they had borrowed money from the bank for their companies financial use, and to keep a track of their transaction and incase they required any sort of assistance you had to predict it before they would. Marketing new customers always is important but at the same time retaining customers is of the same importance. Working hours normally did not close after 5 PM and following the customers comfort zone it was always a pleasure to be in touch with them on whatsapp or wechat if they were travelling and found email a bit tiring to get in touch with their personal banker.
Pros
Best place for learning, very tough working hours, but on the plus point one got to learn things way quicker.
Cons
Unending extremely long hours.
if you are too much passionate about banking in Pakistan, then be aware that banking job in Pakistan is 24/7 despite you are on vacations or on holidays. Now a days it has become too much difficult because tough competition of tier banks.
Askari Bank Limited (AKBL), during my tenure was upgrading its system to bring it inline with competition and had improved its product offering with the help of technology.
However, I learned a lot from AKBL i.e. ABC of banking and finance. The employees were supportive and AKBL had a good training structure. The most enjoyable part was job security.
The working environment was excellent. The staff members were very helpful and as an intern, they taught me a lot about banking individually in different departments. I enjoyed working there for a few weeks and I hope to get a job in the banking industry of Canada.
Askari bank is the one of the lead bank in pakistan . I am happy to be a part of askari bank . I have learned a lot from my seniors and age fellows. I am enjoying in askari bank in HR deptt but i have to move my self ahead thts why i came to dubai for better future.
They are very strict to policies as it mainly holds by the Army Personnels.Co-workers are good there. Management is also very cooperative
• Participated in school & college cricket team.
• Participated in dramatics held in school and college.

• Have a good communication skill in all Languages (English, Urdu, Punjabi)
Pros
never
Cons
Bank job is very much tiring job as it takes late seating most of the time.
Pros
Bonuses
Cons
Long Hours
I have been appointed as Management Trainee Officer, after an extensive training of 1 year they Promoted me as Assistant Manager and I am working in Capacity of Relationship Manager.
Due to excessive workload, late sitting is a routine matter which negatively impacted my health and personal / social life .
Pros
Job Security, Career Path, Better Perks & Benefits as compared to peer banks.
Cons
Late Sittings, Unnecessary Pressures, Massive Manual MIS Culture.
During my work experience I learned from my executives about professional behaviour.Adopting that I performed my duties in a better way,by providing customer services and through solving customer issues related to operational banking.
Cons
working long hours
Askari Bank is a customer care focused organization.
We have to manage it at any cost as It was a normal working day when I noticed one of our staff from cash counter missed and my manager was much worried how to manage the counters and customer care. I voluntarily present myself for the task. I started working.....I met every customer with a welcoming smile and had a detailed talk about customer care and meanwhile done their requirements by taking help of my colleague. At the end of day my Manager appraised me & share the positive feed backs from customers. The day was ended with smooth working and alot of PRs in my favor.
Pros
We have half yearly dinner & most of the time after late sitting for particular task.
Cons
Yes we have late sittings most of the times.