Bahria University – Islamabad

Bahria University – Islamabad Employee Reviews

Pakistan7 reviews
Each day was a new experience. Since number of students were high so there were numerous transcripts, degrees and verification for foreign universities to be completed. work could not be pended as students could suffer. Processes were improved to undertake work quickly due to growing number of students. Collaboration with various departments, campuses and institutes was a challenge, but had to be done in a productive way. meetings through video conferencing was common as there was not enough time to go and do the meeting in geographically apart institutes, unless essential. Good part was that higher management was approachable, and there was a candid discussion on agenda points prior decision in important meetings.
Pros
Good working environment
Cons
More work load
Though the working hours are quite long however, it gives you a lot of experience of handling different people as there is public dealing. It provides an opportunity to understand how people behave at different occasions and at different time.

Analysis of the admissions of each semester when they are over is also a routine affair. The workplace culture is quite diversified but it is cooperative and also supportive to each other.
It is a good place to work in order to enhance your capabilities as a researcher.
Polishing skills for obtaining results in a more comfortable work place.
I have studied three years at this university and it has relentlessly given me a great platform to build, groom and learn. My faculty, my mentors and my Department is quite encouraging.
I've learnt from the best and i have easily been able to apply those teachings into my life. They have helped me strengthen my skills and critically analyze situations.

I am eager to learn and my mentors have always been there to guide me.
Bahria is like home to me, its been more than four years i have been a part of institute as a student than as faculty member a well as a part of administrator. Bahria is a good employer.
It was a good experience since it is my first job, i learned a lot. However, there is no career progression and the culture is highly bureaucratic. There is always a demarcation between the former military hires vs the civilians, let it be the compensation or even the say in the organisation.
Pros
Once you get hold of the concept of the job, its fairly easy since its a repetitive job with no innovation
Cons
No Career Development or Trainings
Its good to work as Jr. Lecturer in Bahria University Islamabad.
I learn how to lead how to control crowd how to handle different mentality people.

The management been outstanding through out. They are helping cooperative, and been there when you need them,

My co-workers are really helpful and ambitious to their field.

Hardest part of the job is that you have to manage every type of student and remain calm every time.

Most enjoyable part is when we have a filed trip.
Pros
A lot of learning
Cons
limited salary