British American Tobacco

British American Tobacco Employee Reviews

Pakistan20 reviews
I learned a lot during my internship. Market dynamics change every day due to which the best part of working in the TM department was to tackle challenges on a daily basis.
Am working as a area incharge of sale in lahore my duty is to fulfill the monthly sales target.
I have team of 45plus person and we covered the area of samanabad,chuburji,moon market etc.
as for as the environment is good but sometime you will need to take more tension than require because of the work burden. so if you want to do more work and have no problem with that than its a good place to work.
A great work place that follows it's mission towards reaching it's goals. Great work life balance with realistic goals. Helps you learn and grow professionally
V well company. There system r really v excellent.
I learn too much system's in this company. V well company. There system r really v excellent. Nice
High production company ISO certified Company Working Environment is very good Pakistan safety and Health rules strictly follow and high quality products.
Pros
free
Cons
hours
A great company to work for in Pakistan. However over the years they have not been able to retain their best talent which has had an impact on the quality of decision making by the management.
Typical day includes meeting after meeting. I was able to learn a lot of new technologies. The team structure is actually good with a wide range of different talents. The most enjoyable part of my day was getting to work with smart and fun people.
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
Long Hours
A challenging environment , productive, Cooperative on every stage with every employee. i have learned a lot from British American Tobacco Company as a team we worked in alone and in a team. it was a winning combination
Pros
Excellent culture
Cons
Low Incentives
Creat Co-operaive work space for other members helpfull in managment. teamwork with fun and productivty.made me how to accomplish the logic of succession.
Working with an organization like British American Tobacco has always been an aspiration ever since we are in the field of engineering, and I consider myself lucky enough to achieve it. My time in British American Tobacco has not only polished my technical skills but also trained me much about professionalism and management expertise. Learning in such a professional and friendly environment earned me a hands-on experience of project management, team-work and greatly added to my leadership qualities.
A typical day would start with review of the previous day and plan for the day ahead. The work environments were excellent and very conducive. We had excellent team of managers who were focused and dedicated.This company is a wonderful employer who cares for the employees like family members.
A typical day at workplace when PTC (Pakistan Tobacco Company) or BAT (British American Tobacco) visits us.
Learnt Public relation

management is really really cooperative.

we are 20 workers for BAT in all over karachi and we all are flexible with each other.
Pros
free lunch, conveyance allowance and driver
Cons
medical free, 1 n half hour break on daily basis
1. The Managment was very good.
2. The people were friendly.

3. It was a competitve environment

4. But there was a certain hypocrisy about everyone workinng over there because they wanted to take you down.

5. No hands on job for a mechanical engineer.

6. I learned in a best way how to lead a team.

7. I loved the part that i am a part of a multinational company and i am contributing to its grandeur.
Pros
Free lunches, Vans for pick and drop and etc
Cons
Good stipend
8 hrs work day.learned many things such to how to trained the sales team,target achieving and to manage the sales distribution etc
Pros
some time
Cons
each every work done at its targeted time, whether for achieving this in time have to work long hours .
i learned how to work in a limited time to achieve company's goal and walk through work loads.

And can manage all thing in a record and other colleagues are helping during work.

full fill any project within its time.
Pros
Allowances
Cons
lake of motivation .
British American Tobacco is one of the finest work place which if full of challenges from IT operations side . its a large enterprise which consist of more an 80 countries and has very diverse culture .
I learned problem management , incident management , troubleshooting core WAN circuits , Business continuity and on top of that , leadership skills .

during my 6 years stay , We managed to operate IT infrastructure such that we escaped two major DR situations to run business smoothly . operated with large scale vendors like BT , OBS , Cisco , HP , Fujitsu .
Work environment was friendly but salary was far below the other multinationals of the same size.
Pros
Subsidized lunch
Cons
Long working hours
I am well aware that the experience I have gained at British American Group is based around a product that is harmful for health.

As a member of the Corporate Affairs department, it was my main role to provide the general public, Government officials and other bodies information about the workings of the Company. While this was done within this was done within the ambit of the law, it is none the less work that I did to ensure a tobacco Company's licence to operate within a specific market.

The roles I held ensured that the product's specific impact on society was matched with it's contribution towards society. To the extent that this was the case, having held senior posts in Communications and Corporate Social Responsibility, I took these roles to their logical conclusion.

In 2009, for personal reasons, I decided to part ways with the British American Tobacco Group and ventured towards self-enterprise.

I need to add that in my experience, the Group still represents tremendous competitive advantages over other Companies in the region in the fields of: Marketing Intelligence, IT infrastructure, sales and distribution networks and investments in Corporate Social Responsibility.
Pros
salary and benefits
Cons
the product
For me a typical day would start by reviewing security developments in the past 24 hours and issuing advisories to all staff for the next 24 hours and addressing their concerns if any.Since I was taking care of safety and security of staff and assets both at the manufacturing site and countrywide warehouses, it was really challanging in the unpredictable ever deteriorating security situation of Pakistan.
However, the cooperation of co-workers helped in overcoming many hurdles. We had great and cohesive management team which always pulled togather to achieve organisational objectives. Working even in tough times was fun working.

The hardest part was at initial stage the inculcation of security culture and changing the mind set and the enjoyable part was when security was considered vital and must for the growth of the organisation