British American Tobacco

British American Tobacco Management reviews

A great company to work for in Pakistan. However over the years they have not been able to retain their best talent which has had an impact on the quality of decision making by the management.
Working with an organization like British American Tobacco has always been an aspiration ever since we are in the field of engineering, and I consider myself lucky enough to achieve it. My time in British American Tobacco has not only polished my technical skills but also trained me much about professionalism and management expertise. Learning in such a professional and friendly environment earned me a hands-on experience of project management, team-work and greatly added to my leadership qualities.
A typical day at workplace when PTC (Pakistan Tobacco Company) or BAT (British American Tobacco) visits us. Learnt Public relation management is really really cooperative. we are 20 workers for BAT in all over karachi and we all are flexible with each other.
Pros
free lunch, conveyance allowance and driver
Cons
medical free, 1 n half hour break on daily basis
British American Tobacco is one of the finest work place which if full of challenges from IT operations side . its a large enterprise which consist of more an 80 countries and has very diverse culture . I learned problem management , incident management , troubleshooting core WAN circuits , Business continuity and on top of that , leadership skills . during my 6 years stay , We managed to operate IT infrastructure such that we escaped two major DR situations to run business smoothly . operated with large scale vendors like BT , OBS , Cisco , HP , Fujitsu .
For me a typical day would start by reviewing security developments in the past 24 hours and issuing advisories to all staff for the next 24 hours and addressing their concerns if any.Since I was taking care of safety and security of staff and assets both at the manufacturing site and countrywide warehouses, it was really challanging in the unpredictable ever deteriorating security situation of Pakistan.However, the cooperation of co-workers helped in overcoming many hurdles. We had great and cohesive management team which always pulled togather to achieve organisational objectives. Working even in tough times was fun working.The hardest part was at initial stage the inculcation of security culture and changing the mind set and the enjoyable part was when security was considered vital and must for the growth of the organisation