British Council

British Council Employee Reviews

Pakistan70 reviews
The British council worked out really well for me it boosted my confidence and have me a positive environment to work in. It also helped me with my speaking skills.
Pros
The overall positive environment
Cons
Good environmental protection job with best paid moreover, food and way of communication with all colleagues are amazing in BC. However, senior positions are more cooperative with juniors. British Council doesn't look any discrimination regarding age, cread or racism.
Pros
Best paid
Cons
Active and responsibilities taken
I had a great time with British Council as a venue staff. It depends on the person how they work in pressure or relaxation. I have learnt a lot that we should pay attention on our work only.
Senior Invigilator Exams
Exam Invigilation is very productive and fun place i am responsible for conducting exams in Quetta centers where my key responsibility is to to conduct smooth exam
I have found many problems at venue that seniors did not have any knowledge about safety and security. Also some administrative and management issues I registered but still not receiving any response on my request. Anyway the Staff in Pakistan is untrained and only have peace of paper that use for announcement and also to organise the venue.
The staff and the managent were real professionals and very cooperative , they trained us and equiped us for the job the staff made us feel like a family though we were on a third party contract but yet we were welcomed and treated equally.
The expience of british council pakistan was amazing.
Enjoyed working at British Council. Healthy competitive working environment. Culture is very happy and colleagues are very supportive. Focuses on professional development.
Wonderful experience,developed alot of skills and groomed myself so much.Team management,time management,interaction with people and collaboration with everyone makes things much easier to understand.Team building exercises and prompt response on working effects efficiency of working.confidence building techniques and participation of each individual builds more confidence.
British Council provides opportunity to gain experience in a well supported environment by focusing on professionalism, creativity and valuing people.
It provides immense opportunities for professional growth and diversification. The culture is open and inclusive which helps employees settle in comfortably.
Pros
Diversity and inclusion. Equal opportunities
Cons
Strict rules to be adhered to
British council overall is a reliable organization management is excellent there is no dead lock at any point of time they can manage staff at all edges
Pros
Excellent working environment
Cons
Low wage rate on hourly basis for invigilation staff
It was very good experience to work in a such organization British Council where i have developed my skills. Such as presentation,communication and negotiation.
Job Responsibilities:
• Attend one initial training session before conducting any invigilation duties.

• Be familiar with all relevant notices, instructions and requirements relating to the specific examination.

• Adhere to all instructions issued by the supervisor/examination board.

• Place signs and notices outside the exam room as per the supervisor’s/examination board’s

instructions.

• Check each candidate’s ID and statement of entry (if applicable) before and during the exam.

• Monitor candidates unobtrusively.

• Ensure that candidates do not communicate with each other.

• Check that all candidates in allocated rows transfer their answers to mark sheets if applicable.

• Refer candidates’ enquiries to examinations supervisors or the Exams team where appropriate.

• Ensure that no unauthorized persons enter the examination room.
One of the best international organization, undoubtedly. Payscale is relatively good. Organizational culture is quite good and motivating. Career growth chances are fair.
During working with British council Pakistan I learned more.
Discipline, team work, confidence, collaboration with other staff, time regulation, to handle candidates within exams hall, these are some girls which I improved.
Indeed a pleasure to work for the British Council Pakistan
Professional management and professional working environment with a graceful employers and employees. A great place for learning and grooming. Special attention for child protection and safe environment.
Pros
Paid sessions
Cons
We normally enter at the very dawn of the day in our allocated institutes. The day typically is tough but extremely utilized and productive at full length till the eleventh hour.
I have learnt the systematic and organized discipline there.

Management was in touch with the invigilators and in turn we look after the candidates for any solution they need from us during the exam hours.

The workplace culture was smooth and friendly but very firm.

The hardest part of the job was the detection of the examinee for any fraudulent activities at the time of entrance or during the exam hours.

The most enjoyable part is calling all the waiting candidates towards the hall by their reporting time when half of them don;t listen the floaters.
Pros
Short timings
Cons
No lunch
Working as an Expert Trainer is very productive both in skills and strategies to teach new hires as well as experienced teachers. I found the British Council team very managed and hardworking one.
Strategic meetings with British Council officials regarding the arrangements and prerequisites required to conduct exams, Conduction briefings/ training with officials and employees regarding Cambridge University Guidelines and criterion