British Council logo
British Council

British Council Employee Reviews

Best job experience so far

I thoroughly enjoyed working with british council.Because i got exposure of a lifetime,learnt alot how to work in team do multitasking and time management.

a forward looking organisation

Excellent place to be as an employee. I have worked here and have learned a lot. very supportive and focused on professional development of the employees.

Productive and relaxed environment

Productive and Good environment. Equality lies among modern and religous people.Male cordinator keep the quity and equality between employees. British council is keen observer and always take action against favouritism. In short fair organization.

Pros

Equal chances to every employee

Cons

Equal chances to every employee

I needed the job, and was delighted to get the chance

I enjoyed working with them. They need to hire more well spoken people in Karachi region. And less of their current employees family & friends.

It taught me team work importance

It's obviously an exciting and learning experience that opened many new horizons of exploration. It improved my managing skills,team work mannerism,decision making capability and handling emergency situations.

Pros

Snacks and tea

Cons

Short breaks.

Learning ,productive and relaxive enviroment

overall good and unforgetable experience with this organization where you feel most comfortable and learning plat form for your up coming challenges in future so, i would said british council is one of them.

Pros

getting lunch and over time and medical facilities +pick and drop for all employees

Cons

long hours working

Really nice work on place.

The British council worked out really well for me it boosted my confidence and have me a positive environment to work in. It also helped me with my speaking skills.

Pros

The overall positive environment

Amazing and very privileged

Good environmental protection job with best paid moreover, food and way of communication with all colleagues are amazing in BC. However, senior positions are more cooperative with juniors. British Council doesn't look any discrimination regarding age, cread or racism.

Pros

Best paid

Cons

Active and responsibilities taken

Good quality of services

I had a great time with British Council as a venue staff. It depends on the person how they work in pressure or relaxation. I have learnt a lot that we should pay attention on our work only.

Senior Invigilator Exams Exam Invigilation is very productive and fun place i am responsible for conducting exams in Quetta centers where my key responsibility is to to conduct smooth exam

Jobs at British Council

See more jobs

Productive work place but untrained management

I have found many problems at venue that seniors did not have any knowledge about safety and security. Also some administrative and management issues I registered but still not receiving any response on my request. Anyway the Staff in Pakistan is untrained and only have peace of paper that use for announcement and also to organise the venue.

Great learning experience

The staff and the managent were real professionals and very cooperative , they trained us and equiped us for the job the staff made us feel like a family though we were on a third party contract but yet we were welcomed and treated equally.

Good interview

The expience of british council pakistan was amazing.

Overall it's a good workplace

Enjoyed working at British Council. Healthy competitive working environment. Culture is very happy and colleagues are very supportive. Focuses on professional development.

Awsome Place for Learning

Wonderful experience,developed alot of skills and groomed myself so much.Team management,time management,interaction with people and collaboration with everyone makes things much easier to understand.Team building exercises and prompt response on working effects efficiency of working.confidence building techniques and participation of each individual builds more confidence.

Excellent workplace

British Council provides opportunity to gain experience in a well supported environment by focusing on professionalism, creativity and valuing people.

A great place to work

It provides immense opportunities for professional growth and diversification. The culture is open and inclusive which helps employees settle in comfortably.

Pros

Diversity and inclusion. Equal opportunities

Cons

Strict rules to be adhered to

Overall gud

British council overall is a reliable organization management is excellent there is no dead lock at any point of time they can manage staff at all edges

Pros

Excellent working environment

Cons

Low wage rate on hourly basis for invigilation staff

Cricket tournament.

It was very good experience to work in a such organization British Council where i have developed my skills. Such as presentation,communication and negotiation.

overall good

Job Responsibilities: • Attend one initial training session before conducting any invigilation duties. • Be familiar with all relevant notices, instructions and requirements relating to the specific examination. • Adhere to all instructions issued by the supervisor/examination board. • Place signs and notices outside the exam room as per the supervisor’s/examination board’s instructions. • Check each candidate’s ID and statement of entry (if applicable) before and during the exam. • Monitor candidates unobtrusively. • Ensure that candidates do not communicate with each other. • Check that all candidates in allocated rows transfer their answers to mark sheets if applicable. • Refer candidates’ enquiries to examinations supervisors or the Exams team where appropriate. • Ensure that no unauthorized persons enter the examination room.

Good organization with fair compensation and career growth chances.

One of the best international organization, undoubtedly. Payscale is relatively good. Organizational culture is quite good and motivating. Career growth chances are fair.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at British Council. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4.2