British Council

British Council Employee Reviews for Proctor

Productive and relaxed environment

Productive and Good environment. Equality lies among modern and religous people.Male cordinator keep the quity and equality between employees. British council is keen observer and always take action against favouritism. In short fair organization.

Pros

Equal chances to every employee

Cons

Equal chances to every employee

I needed the job, and was delighted to get the chance

I enjoyed working with them. They need to hire more well spoken people in Karachi region. And less of their current employees family & friends.

It taught me team work importance

It's obviously an exciting and learning experience that opened many new horizons of exploration. It improved my managing skills,team work mannerism,decision making capability and handling emergency situations.

Pros

Snacks and tea

Cons

Short breaks.

Really nice work on place.

The British council worked out really well for me it boosted my confidence and have me a positive environment to work in. It also helped me with my speaking skills.

Pros

The overall positive environment

Amazing and very privileged

Good environmental protection job with best paid moreover, food and way of communication with all colleagues are amazing in BC. However, senior positions are more cooperative with juniors. British Council doesn't look any discrimination regarding age, cread or racism.

Pros

Best paid

Cons

Active and responsibilities taken

Senior Invigilator Exams Exam Invigilation is very productive and fun place i am responsible for conducting exams in Quetta centers where my key responsibility is to to conduct smooth exam

Productive work place but untrained management

I have found many problems at venue that seniors did not have any knowledge about safety and security. Also some administrative and management issues I registered but still not receiving any response on my request. Anyway the Staff in Pakistan is untrained and only have peace of paper that use for announcement and also to organise the venue.

Great learning experience

The staff and the managent were real professionals and very cooperative , they trained us and equiped us for the job the staff made us feel like a family though we were on a third party contract but yet we were welcomed and treated equally.

Overall gud

British council overall is a reliable organization management is excellent there is no dead lock at any point of time they can manage staff at all edges

Pros

Excellent working environment

Cons

Low wage rate on hourly basis for invigilation staff

Good organization with fair compensation and career growth chances.

One of the best international organization, undoubtedly. Payscale is relatively good. Organizational culture is quite good and motivating. Career growth chances are fair.

Productive & Utililized

We normally enter at the very dawn of the day in our allocated institutes. The day typically is tough but extremely utilized and productive at full length till the eleventh hour. I have learnt the systematic and organized discipline there. Management was in touch with the invigilators and in turn we look after the candidates for any solution they need from us during the exam hours. The workplace culture was smooth and friendly but very firm. The hardest part of the job was the detection of the examinee for any fraudulent activities at the time of entrance or during the exam hours. The most enjoyable part is calling all the waiting candidates towards the hall by their reporting time when half of them don;t listen the floaters.

Pros

Short timings

Cons

No lunch

Working with British Council in Pakistan was a great Experience in my life

British Council Pakistan , I worked for them as a temporary Invigilator in CIE 2015 and CIE 2016 Exams in Pakistan. Guidance for students and supervising the staff was my job but it was temporary like being for a month or two.

Pros

we were offered free high tea and luxurious lunch daily on job hours

Cons

most probably the working hours were short like about 5 hours to 8 hours.

Exams Invigilator Role

had Great time working with British council as an Invigilator role, duty times are superb, you have plenty of things that you can do after performing your duties, pay structure is good as well

Pros

Snaks and tea Breaks

Cons

limited tenure for duties

Require Hard work And Patience.

working for the CIE examinations at the venue is a tuff job. You have many responsibilities during examinations. This job requires patience and physically fit person because you have to stand all along the examinations to keep an eye on the students while keeping it quiet.

Learning in friendly environment .

I enjoy working with British Council . They provide good environment to their employees . The seniors treat their subordinates with respect . Learned different but effective techniques to do invigilation .

Pros

Provide refreshments

Cons

Comfortable environment

Team work

i have been with British council for 2 year ,, there i have find friendly college and and super visor , we work there as a team and provide our best services to our customer ...

An international organization with multiple opportunities

British Council Pakistan is an international organization where one can get the opportunity apply as well as enhance his skills. in this organizations there are multiple opportunities for professional and personal growth.

productive fun place enjoying my job

Work as per Senior's Requirement. Main work was Filing and typing and copying or emailing materials as necessary. Job was great atmosphere and had great benefits. Hardest part of job was sometimes the Senior's says about work but some technical issues had to wait for it. Of course, job positions changed due to promotions throughout the five years there. Changed jobs to Office Assistant for promotion. Became Sale Coordinator. Performed any type clerical work and Coordination as deemed necessary. Also, was responsible for handling anything in office.. Work a total of Nine years for Dynamic Packaging ( Pvt ) Ltd.

Pros

Free conveyance, Lunch

Cons

Some time Sitting for Long Hours

Highly Learning and Efficient Management

British Council only hire the staff which is highly qualified and having good communication skills. Staff during the job feel proud under the umbrella of British council. there we get training's by high qualifies people across the Pakistan. the we learn how to deal with customer having different behaviors and there is a big deal for team work .

Pros

trainings at luxury hotels

Cons

working hour sometime went long

Professional

British Council is a good company to work with. they are professional and highly concerned about their product and services.

Goood experience

I learned how to manage and conduct the examination in a good working environment, the British people are strict to their rules and regulations.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at British Council. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4.2

• British Council
  • Proctor
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?