British Council

British Council Employee Reviews for Supervisor

Fun filled and multicultural

A place anyone would dream to work at. The system is well designed and management is approachable despite of being an extensive organisation.People from all educational backgrounds cling together and make the work easy and fun.

Pros

free refreshments, flexible working hours

Cons

Challenging and productive organisation

A new challenge everyday and a new achievement everyday. They treat you like a professional person and groom you to become a successful person in life.

Pros

Co-operative and excelling staff

Leaning with entertainment.

I worked as a supervisor at British Council IELTS Dept. A typical day started at 9 and ended at 5. My tasks were to welcome candidates and brief them about how their examination would carry out, and guide them to their correct examiner. At the end of the day all the exam material (e.g. the recordings, the papers etc.) were collected and checked thoroughly and seal-packed to be sent to UK. Working at BC IELTS taught me managerial and supervisory skills. My professionalism was also polished. The management was always cooperative, and ever enthusiastic for improvements in efficiency of their employees. My co-workers were friendly and highly motivated towards their jobs. The hardest, or the most critical, part of the job was how every task had to be on time. But all the weariness and exhaustion were forgotten when, at the end of the day, we all sat together for refreshments.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at British Council. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4.2