DHL Employee Reviews in Atlanta, GA

It's ok. It's not a hard job and you learn as you go. So you grow. I didn't really know how to drive a forklift but a couple of weeks of practice and now I know how thanks to them.
A typical day at works starts around 5am . Freight comes in on the beslt and you grab it according to your assigned zip code . Load freight onto your truck in the order that is most convenient . Use scanner and gps to deliver up to 120 peices a day.
Very relaxing very fast & organized . Time goes by fast. You sort mail in no time. Everyone does there job accordingly, dhl was a very manageable job.
Pros
Overtime.
Cons
Short breaks. Not enough workers
Never felt more at home working for the company. loved the experience working with technology as well as communicating with customers hands on. would overall recommend.
Work environment was safe, management was great but seen things that could have been improved. Overall great company to work for, would recommend this job to others.
Pros
Paid lunch, pay was great
Cons
Employee appreciation
I learned a lot working there from other associates. Supervisors and management team don't care if you advance. No one is safe there. If they don't like you, your job is in jeopardy. I will say, DHL has a lot of activities you can get involved in but as far as job security- STAY AWAY!!!
I worked processing shipments for Caterpillar account for 136 invendor I from scheduling shipments and and prepared the documentation and created file
DHL ecommerce was easy but as usual Management screwed it up with impossible scan rates and work harassment . Nice building, good lunches. I quit! "Take this job and shove it"!
Top facility management not well structured or trustworthy. Very smart group of individuals just with the wrong leadership styles and concepts. Lower management are very good and caring individuals but not very experienced in the fields
This is a very fast paced and hectic environment although employees are usually treated well. International company so you will meet many employees from different cultures and countries globally.
Needs a big jolt to transform into this century. Team oriented culture needs big improvement. Multiple groups working in silo with own vested interests. HR does not appreciate the very people that make up the foundation of the company, with no investment in self-development initiatives.
I really don't have a review to give I'm not pleased with the company with me being a new employee. There are things that I have seen that I'm totally against .
Pros
The pay is not bad.
Cons
No Communication
poor management and too may turnovers .poor life and family balance . medical insure is very good but pay is not adequate. , they need to replace upper management
great pay. competitive wages. great benefits. good atmosphere. management very open to communicate any issues you may have. public transportation friendly.
Its a start up -it just needs more organization. I. do not have much more to say, but the review is requiring one. hundred and fifty characters. SORRY
Depending on what you’re looking for and what level you are in your working life/career. If you come from a very specific, technical background, don’t make the assumption that DHL has the equivalent even if the job title might be the same. The QMS is not a true QMS but is presented as being one in order to attract customers. Taking corporate policy and breaking it down into work instruction format and then performing “audits” (only to make sure their facilities are following corporate policy; not a true QMS), is merely a guise. Documentation control is only a fraction of a QMS, not in and of itself. If you have a background in a true QMS (manufacturing and distribution), you will quickly recognize this and become increasingly frustrated. You will not be able to change this. If you’re okay with that and decide you are willing to have a position that will not grow or utilize your skill set in the aforementioned, this company is for you. Again, it depends on what you’re looking for and where you want to go.
Pros
Cons
Work/life balance non-existent, no quality of life, poor HR
I loved my tenure and the many employees I met all over the world. The immediate team to whom I worked with have become friends and family. It was competitive with room to advance and relocate if desired. We all worked well as a team to ensure we met customer goals professionally and DHLs management made a point to offer incentives, recognition, and rewards for achieving successful goals.
Pros
Benefits are excellent, constant learning
Cons
It’s a numbers game you must meet at all times
Its a okay place to work.... A lil more training for the people coming in would be awesome,,, supervisors need a lil attitude adjustment...'''''''''''
Sort mail according to locations, ship packages. The work place was clean management was fair to employs. The hardest part of the job was the overnight shift picking up the extra work from the day shift.
Looking for something better my self and my family and I want too grow and I love too work and love too have fun well I am work looking too meet new people
I had fun making and working with friends on the job. The job was relatively easy. Face paced and never really any breaks. I never had any issues with pay, it was always on time and never short.