DHL Employee Reviews in Atlanta, GA

It's ok. It's not a hard job and you learn as you go. So you grow. I didn't really know how to drive a forklift but a couple of weeks of practice and now I know how thanks to them.
Management team is unfair. Supervisors don't know how to do their job properly. Supervisor on cell phone the whole day. Doesn't even check on associates to see how they are doing. Warehouse unorganized and dirty. No follow up to make sure it's up to standard. Training department doesn't have the right tools or training material to properly train associates.
Pros
we do have free lunch sometimes
Cons
No short brake, The do have healthcare
Working for DHL each morning I arrived at seven in the morning and I gathered my packages for my route and headed out by eight. I learned a lot working at DHL like using a gps and sorting mail appropriately sorting mail by labels. The hardest part about the job was locating the owners of unclaimed packages. But overall the was very rewarding .
Pros
Good money
Cons
Working for a contractor can be unpredictable
DHL is a great company that cares about the well being of their employees. good benefits and I loved coming to work because of good employees and management.
The work day seems to run all the same.. Same things, just different type of issues. It's not much more to say ,other than if you're the type to get complacent and not push yourself then working for DHL is the place for you.
11hr shift with one 45min break after 6 hrs. Push, push push is all they motivates even when you fall! I would only recommend people in direction need of a job as soon as possible! Company has a tremendous turnover from management down to employees. This company is great for starting following operators. They provide two weeks training.
It was my first time actually doing something like that. I was surprised how easy it was I can admit it is long shifts but it was a seasonal job I wished I stayed longer.
The DHL facility I was at had one of the best workplace environments I've ever been apart of. The GMs were engaged with the employees daily and non of the typical warehouse politics exist.
Pros
Great pay, great environment
Cons
Long work days
Great company for security but very low salary. If you are new in the industry this may be a good company to start a career with but not the end all be all
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at DHL?
worst job ever they are a lie about everthing. vbvvn The purpose of this position is overall responsibility for the probation services programs administrative and operational functions, as well as, adherence to and compliance with established Federal, State, and local regulatory standards governing the assigned work area. Program areas of responsibility include, but are not necessarily limited to, probation services for misdemeanant offenders, State and Magistrate Court pretrial intervention, and State DUI/Drug Court and mental health court offender supervision. Responsible for the day-to-day operation of the program, management and supervision of staff, assignment of caseload, evaluation and monitoring of workflow and productivity, and training of personnel. Develops divisional budget and controls expenditures. Responsible for planning, organizing, staffing, directing and training for all functions of the division's assigned mission
The people that work there young and some management is out of order..............................i learn a lil something so i found another job... .
Performed daily warehouse duties including shipping and receiving. Highly skilled/trained in safe forklift driving and warehouse operations.  Maintained inventory paperwork.
DHL is a comfortable place to work and there are opportunities for advancement. Within the past couple of years management has not been very good. The people I worked with all work very hard and we're very dedicated. Most of the employees that I worked with we're passionate about their job, but it was unfortunate that management was very poor. They also don't offer any incentives not even a pat on the back. It would have been a perfect place to work for had management been up to par
Pros
Cons
Overworked with no raises or incentives after 2 years
I really enjoy working with em and missed em because company is out of business due to Government brought land. I will work at DHL again in the future
Pros
manager bought me foods sometimes
Cons
NO vacation with pay
Advancement is hard! Management does not support career growth. Very discouraging environment. Actually, a great place for temporary employment. Which is also the down fall for permanent employees because of high turn over and walk out rate.
The company has had some challenges over the last few years. They are in a rebuilding stage so employees are asked to do a bit more. Days can be long and sometimes stressful but overall DHL is a good company to work for.
Print reports load truck delivery packages and mail write reports scan packages include data in the system. call clients receive call from call center to pick up packages.
Pros
very good company
Cons
closed branch
The hardest thing about working at Exel is there was no room for advancement. The easiest thing, is that the job is mindless labor, so no thinking is involved.
Charge de restructure un entrepot de 140000m2 aux Etats-Unis, avec surcapacite de production et mauvaise ambiance parmis les salaries. Grosses perspectives d'amelioration et direction ouverte a toutes les suggestions. Entreprise tres pragmatique. Milieu de travail difficile mais metier gratifiant. Beaucoup a faire, et possibilite de faire ses preuves. la direction sait recompenser le travail bien fait et la prise d'initiatives
management was the only bad part about the job i didnt like . good money comes with long hours so you put in good overtimes to make a living but you cant enjoy cause you working alot of hours to satisfy your self
Pros
paid lunch
Cons
one break
A day at dhl is over working and more so misleading this company makes the job harder each and every day but besides that the people are nice and the pay was okay .