DHL Employee Reviews in Atlanta, GA

It's ok. It's not a hard job and you learn as you go. So you grow. I didn't really know how to drive a forklift but a couple of weeks of practice and now I know how thanks to them.
. A wonderful place to work for upper management and middle managers. Not so great for temps and general laborers. Depends on what you're looking for.
Pros
Benefits are available after your probationary period.
Cons
Volume of work is not consistent throught the year because the product is seasonal. (Keurig Coffee)
The first few months were ok, but there was a lot on drama and contention among employees and management. Didn't feel management at the time truly appreciated or respected their employees
Pros
good benefit
Cons
push people too hard. Long work days. no appreciation
Monitored shipping activity on various accounts and contacted employees in other states to ensure same day delivery of late shipments, prepared shipping reports, ordered shipping supplies and tracked shipments. I learned good customer service skills and the management worked hard and were very helpful in assisting me to do my job better. The workers have similar skill set which made it easier to work with one another and to follow up on someone else's work that overlapped my own. The hardest part of the job was pleasing the high profile customers whose expectations were sometimes unrealistic. The most enjoyable part was working for a company with offices all over the united states with employees who understood that we all had the same goal of delivering packages on time and all willing to help each other make that happen.
Pros
The pay matched the work effort
Cons
Being held accountable for things beyond your control, like lost or late shipments
good training, needs better commutcation with empolyees, could be managed better, team work was ok but a lot of drama in the office and situations not handled correctly and in a timely manner..
Formally known as Exel Logistics which is now DHL is the best place to work for. Job security is great, benefits are very fair and management cares about their associates.
Pros
Pay, benefits, management, opportunities to transfer or be promotoed
Cons
Short breaks
Excel is a logistics job. The job requires that the worker use high level equipment and I have the experience of working with these items. I like working warehouse jobs because they keep me busy.
Pros
Learn something new everyday
The work was ok, you could always take on more work which they like but never appreciated. You could sell other services and were never acknowledged of doing so. The management was the worst because they made sure each entity within the department stayed divided so that there was animosity between co-workers. Hardest part of the job was dealing with management who never seemed to be satisfied, the most enjoyable part was leaving at the end of the day!
DHL is a great company and I have thoroughly enjoyed my experience working for them. I would recommend it to any recent college grad looking for leadership experience.
Pros
Benefits and job experience.
Cons
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at DHL?
Delivering international packages daily....Some days out all day delivering some days you are home overall its great but......The all day hours can be dreadful....
they taught me how to use a fork lift. it was hard work not physically but because it was dangerous.also it was overnight which for me only made it worse
Pros
great people, free forklift training
Cons
hours, the danger
This company DHL is a great company to work for.The benefits is good ! You guarantee 40 hours a week. A weeks paid vacation ! DHL work with temp agencies.
Pros
Cons
30 minutes
Best job I ever had. This is a good company to work for right after college. Good Management Program. Not a lot of opportunity to grow. But a lot of opportunity to make money.
DHL taught me a lot about this line of work. It was the grounds that I build my knowledge base upon. I definitely would not mind working here again.
Pros
Laid back work environment.
No accountablility, everyones just learning as there go (start up company) just not my type of job. Needs better management, more compentent workers, and better training
Pros
Unlimited overtime
Cons
Sop was horrible, Not plan put into place that acyually wokred with being a 3pl compnay, Organizing and scheduling was the worst
Great company to gain work experience from! There are no typical days, you'll learn on the go. DHL is a huge company so you can go anywhere and do anything
Company lost significant revenue and market share over the 11 years of my employment. Management implemented programs that essentially caused people to decide to relocate or lose their jobs. The people that worked at DHL were great but middle and upper management were not engaged with the desk level workers.
Pros
Great Benefits
Cons
old boy's network
It's enough work to keep you busy all day long most of the time. The company is going through a layoff phase now because of the bleak forecast in 2016.
Pros
No micro management
Cons
Not much overtime
Management at DHL was excellent, but the workdays are long and steady, little benefits, and even less ability to get days off.
Pros
Work at own pace
Cons
vacation
Collecting debt through Equifax. Company lacked an enjoyable atmosphere . They did not have incentives that stimulates productivity. the build did not have any decor not even plants
Pros
good bonuses
Cons
boring
Fast paced work environment dealing with all forms of transportation (Road, Ocean, and Air). Freight forwarding deals constantly with problem solving, which can become extremely rewarding. A typical day at work would start our daily Performance Dialogue, which each account would explain their workload for the current day, and previous day. Management was awesome, as well as co-workers. Hardest part of the job would be picking up a workload for a co-worker who is absent. The job would still get done. The most enjoyable part would be my getting to know the global customers, and building relationships.
Pros
Great place to work for.
Cons
Being under contract.