DHL Employee Reviews for Delivery Driver in Atlanta, GA

I had fun making and working with friends on the job. The job was relatively easy. Face paced and never really any breaks. I never had any issues with pay, it was always on time and never short.
A typical day at works starts around 5am . Freight comes in on the beslt and you grab it according to your assigned zip code . Load freight onto your truck in the order that is most convenient . Use scanner and gps to deliver up to 120 peices a day.
Working for DHL each morning I arrived at seven in the morning and I gathered my packages for my route and headed out by eight. I learned a lot working at DHL like using a gps and sorting mail appropriately sorting mail by labels. The hardest part about the job was locating the owners of unclaimed packages. But overall the was very rewarding .
Pros
Good money
Cons
Working for a contractor can be unpredictable
I would normally start my day off at about 10 am at the meet point to receive my packages. I would scan them in, sort them out, and fill out my daily paper work. I would get reports from the other drivers so I could back into the hub and give a start report. I learned how to deal with my patients. I sharpened up on my customer service and my management skills. Overall I had pretty good co-workers. we may have had our times of disagreements but we mostly got along and would solve the issues at hand. The hardest part about my job was the fact that they didn't have a delivery cut off time. It was very unsafe and on the other had very disrespectful to be knocking at someone's door @ 10 pm with a package. The most enjoyable part of my job was the new people that I met (especially my regulars) , the smile that I could bring to someone's face, the traveling and seeing the new places that I had never been to, and the fact the I had and have the knowledge to do my job and do it at such very high standards.
Pros
This is a good company to work for overall if I had to say so, they have great trainers and they make sure that you understand, and know what your doing before they release you to deliver on your own.
Cons
How late that they have you out there delivering packages, they don't have a cut off time, you must attempt to deliver each package no matter what time of night it is, if the plain is late with the packages then you will have a late start and a long day.