DHL Employee Reviews for Laborer

I made great money I don't like mandatory overtime at all and during busy periods there was a lot of this which included coming in 2 hours early unless you had "proof" of being unable to come in early and then you had to stay 2 hours later. I didn't like that. It was as if my personal life is of no consequence to them and I was disappointed. There was favoritism as well.
Nice atmosphere.laid back.you stay busy but its not frantic.clean and climate controlled.everyone does their job and goes home.6am-2pm.one half hr break.
Pros
Atmosphere, air/heat, clean facility, stay busy, the pay
Cons
401k after a year, one 30 min break
one of the best warehouse to work with the seniors. best management staff and team members who are always there to help you . Moreover, the working environment is very safe for everyone.
Pros
free coffee
Cons
fast paced
What I learned at dhl was that you have to be able to work at a fast pace. Management was decent, they were really good people. The hardest part of the job was when other of my coworkers would slack a little so it would put a lot of pressure on me.
This was my favorite job, the management cared about the employees and actually helped in completing tasks. There were time where it got to be really busy but the communication was clear that they were doing their best to keep it balanced. I never felt like I was being cheated
Okay place to work. Easy work. Long hours. And there's a lot of attitudes in that place. Lot of attitudes. I really wouldn't recommend. They were almost a week late giving me my check.
They day usually starts off fair but midday it becomes a feel of being on a plantation. I've learn that you can't trust the words that come out of the mouth of management. The workplace culture is don't get in my way, meet my numbers or get out. The hardest part of the job is doing your job with pride, using common courtesy, being on time in an environment with a culture I don't care about you.
Horrible company to work for. All about CPH and rate. Never know what time you'll actually be leaving each day as they call mandatory ot whenever they feel like it. Work the little employees they have to death and dont care if you have a life outside of work. They say that the benefits are good but health benefits are a joke. You'll pay more out of pocket than the insurance pay even in-network.
Cons
Mgt always used the excuse of the company being a startup. Managment didn't appear to know which way to proceed. Very crazy placw to workaaenvironment.
But they don't pay enough which is main reason I'm left the job. Otherwise working at dhl was good and like to work there too. Many of my friends work their soo it's good company
Mandated overtime. Health insurance ok. Low wages. Lousy raises IF you even get one. Top rate is at 3 years. After that, it doesn’t pay to be there. High turnover. Management doesn’t care. HR told me don’t like it, quit. Will tell you you’re easily replaceable. If you aren’t a forklift operator (example: office person) you mean nothing to them because you don’t “make the company money” People aren’t held accountable for their actions.
It was like a big family working together. They had good benefits..they had family day where you can bring your family..I loved working at DHL. But another company took over and took away all of the benefits and family day away. Don't want to say anything about the new company, but yes I am with the new company.
I worked night shift and loved the people, supervisors, etc. great environment. Easy to climb up the latter of promotions and you have freedom to be yourself. Work as many hours or days as you want and has regular 1.5x overtime, and holiday pay is regular 1.5x overtime plus a free additional 8 hours pay tacked on. The only downside to DHL is you have very short breaks. on a typical 8-10 hour shift you only get a 15 minute break, or you can clock out for a 30 minute break.
Pros
Easy to climb up the latter, Freedom, Great Management
Cons
Very short breaks, constantly moving, hard labor
Each peer member is so co-operative and supportive. The line leads used to explain the work properly before starting. Also the warehouse provides proper breaks for rest or lunch within good intervals.
Opportunity to learn different things. Good communication with supervisor. Safety place for work, good benefits for full time employees (healthcare, vision, dental, general purpose day, vacation, paid days)
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Healthcare, vision, dental
DHL was a very fair environment to work in. I was taught warehouse basics and was watched closely to ensure that work being done was completed in line with company standards. Getting offered different jobs within the warehouse is possible as well because of all the in house training that is available to associates. Overall, a great warehouse to work for.
Worked at Hamilton Airport as a temp, i'm 60 years old, put the young guys sorting envelopes etc, I had to unload the cans. Asked for a lighter job because of my age.After 2 weeks couldn't handle my neck pain but i wouldn't quit.. 99% of my fellow workers were great. One boss was very angry, and saw him fly off the handle more than once. he snapped on me and that was it i was done.Besides him, i think it's a good place to work.
Pros
Great people
Cons
Never sure how long a shift was going to last.
They'll bring you in under the conception that it's a8 hour shift then boom they're telling you to work 12 hours shift. One lunch and maybe a 10-20 minute break it'd they feel the need to give one. Very unorganized.
Pros
Monday's are usually early days
Cons
Almost no breaks
The new GM is their biggest downfall. Overtime is forced. They are slowly figuring out their computer system. The work isn't hard, but the Gm kills morale. The pay is good and the insurance is decent. I enjoyed my time there for the most part.
Pros
Good insurance, Good pay
Cons
Long hours, Management is a joke
This place is a terrible workplace! I worked in the DHL warehouse in Fairburn GA they accuse employees of stealing, they will push over the great employees to ensure that the bad employees are comfortable.
Working for DHL supply chain was easy and it was a very chill job .. 8hrs a day 6 days a week was very cool for me. I liked everything except the 1 30 minute break