DHL Employee Reviews for Package Handler

great place to work. good pay. good management. friendly coworkers. the hiring process was easy and professional. The environment is nice clean and well organized.
Pros
pay
Cons
short breaks
Official response from DHL
November 4, 2020
Dear colleague,YES! That's why we strive to make Deutsche Post DHL a great place to work. Thank you so much for your great review. You fully confirm what Deutsche Post DHL tries to achieve for its employees: a good and safe environment, good working conditions and satisfied employees. Our employees make our company great, and it's all done with the sincere cooperation of every single member of our big yellow family. Thank you for your contribution. Our best wishes to Union City. Your Employer Branding Team
Got three promotions working at DHL while working there. Easy working environment, fair pay, and a lot of learning opportunities to succeed with the company.
perform array of functions that may include receiving and processing incoming stock and materials ,picking and filling orders from stock packing and shipping orders.
Pros
free coffee
Cons
great healthcare benifits
the pay was good but the work was hard labor in a extremly hot building doing 10 hrs shifts with a 15 mins break it was just too much to handle it wasnt flexable .
I enjoyed working as a package sorter. Time went by quickly during a shift and it felt like you could see with your own eyes how production you were.
Good place to work good people to work with I just didn’t like standing up for hours. The pay is not that good to me It was a good job overall I’m looking for better work
This isn’t a good place for middle age people at all by the time your in your 60s you will be busted up and broke down, fingers and joints are sore filling like you’ve been in a plane reck once you wake up if you wake up at all, na wouldn’t recommend this place for anyone. This company speaks about safety but safety is not a number one priority
Pros
N/a
Cons
N/a
I have only been here a month and it is a very nice place to work, the people are nice and so are there drivers. the employees are helpful and overall is a nice place to work
Supervisor named Tre'asta (body looks like balled up homework) Has no experience, shows favoritsm, talks down and be littles employee. If your not her flunkee she will make u job hard.
Pros
Co workers that weren't related to the boss
Cons
Pay, hours, peace of mind
My line lead spent all his time messing around, except on days a higher-up would do line inspections. My commute to work was 2 1/2 hours to and then again from work. My boss worked with me to assure most of my work day's where manageable with my ride situation, but most likely due to lack of workers willing to take my position. The pay was good at the cost of my mental and physical health.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Extreme temperature discomforts, very depressing environment, a boss that talks down to you while you do his work, etc. etc.
DHL was a very good place to work, I worked third shift and that was the only reason I do not work there anymore. It was a very physical job and loved the people I worked with.
great job overall, I loved working there. management was good, pay was good. the job was easy to catch on to. full time/40 hours a week. I loved my experience there.
it was ok to work there friendly staff, training was provided in a timely manner and easy to understand. left because the pay was to low, but they were understanding.
Un trabajo dinámico buen supervisores, lo malo es el menos horas es por ello que sali pero es una bonita empresa
DHL promoted speed and accuracy in its work enviorment. Their focus was often speed. Sorting boxes and getting cans out in a short amount of time. paying attention to labels and size of the boxes.
hours change daily they cater to islanders they play favor to them supervisors are friends and relatives they tell us the rules they break them and nothing is never done about it
It is just like a normal job I go there to work and honestly I going home i really don't come to mingle but if I meet someone who i can help i would other than that people's really nice and i like working there
Been here for 3 years and no movement. They constantly change start time and barely give raises. They aren't considerate if you have kids at home and just care about themselves.
Managers are very good and they are very good at letting you have time off and needing vacation if you need it and the ppl are very cool to work with to
Decent job for someone to get started for something basic. Have excellent benefits and awsome environment to work in as long as you associate yourself with the right people.
Left work that should be done by the supervisor or the leads to the regular workers who had no business doing it and they never got recognized for their hard work. there was no team work at all working there.