DHL Employee Reviews for Trainer

A comfortable working environment with great team players. Supportive team by side to guide and support you throughout the given task. Good skills learnt too.
Great job to work for payment was great with overtime offered. Definitely world be a good reference. All together a great place with welcoming atmosphere.
Great company but the site you work at will make a big difference in how you view the company. There are lots of locations so you have the option to move to other sites which is good.
Pros
Great schedules
Cons
Decisions based on likes instead of production or seniority.
DHL has a very comfortable work environment and a solid team building portfolio. I've enjoyed my time there and hope to find a position that satisfies me as much as DHL has.
Lies from the start. Progression is promised yet only given to friends of management. Complaints fell on deaf ears and to be honest if your face dont fit from the start you wont be there long anyway.
Fun place to work good people good management and a nice environment. plus the company orders lunch occasionally to appreciate the staff for doing such a good job
Good job cool environment not as much opportunity to move high on the chain but good opportunities to move up. Attendance is key. Come to work and work hard
I love DHL... I will be returning back again this season. They take care of your needs. The hr team is magnificent!!! I just love this company and wouldn’t mind becoming permanent this year round.
If your looking to just start out or just moving to the area it creates good stability. The benefits are good to start out also. Flexible times schedules depending on what branch.
Pros
Pay Rate
Cons
After peak season your hours go back down.
Don't get me wrong work is work, but DHL supply chain takes it to an extreme. Sure they offer competitive salary, benefits, and paid time off. But what they don't tell you is that while working 6-7 days a week you cannot have a social or family life. Paid time off? that's great and all if they don't black out entire months so you cant use paid time off and instead have to use points to get a day off unpaid. The job is easy, albeit very repetitive every day. The people you work with are great as well, but that is where is stops. Management is lacking and most of the time you forget you have a supervisor at all. (except with its time to fill out the mandatory overtime sheet for that day)...so I end my review with this. do I like my job at DHL? yes its a good job., Do I like the people I work with? yes love the people I work with. Do I like the pay and hours? pay is excellent but the amount of hours forced upon you for months at a time with no days off is a Deal breaker for most. Management? poor at best.
Pros
good pay, excellent benefits!
Cons
1 break for lunch, long hours, no days off for months at a time.
when you reach max pay, Some years they are not raise or just give you lump sum. Trainer don't get pay over 1 dollar . Trainer more responsible but get pay same like regular employee.
Its an ok place to work but the people are rude and management is almost nonexistent. The training is good if you're willing to learn. There is no enjoyment in this job as the people you work make sure to keep it that way.
Pros
Pays well always overtime available
Cons
Poor management healthcare sucks and employees are generally rude
DHL is a great place to work, the company promotes from within and has a diverse culture. The company also has a great benefits package. The management team recommends employee input to improve overall work condition and safety.
Pros
weekends off, diverse work force
Overall, the management did seem to notice those who were doing more than others. There seemed to be a general consensus that those who showed ambition were going to be recognized.
Pros
Good communication
Cons
Labor management system was terrible
Started off as a sorter and became a operations trainer. Very boring being a sorter. Operations trainer was a lot better. Trained new employees, worked the floor, sent co workers to breaks.
Start the shift with meeting depending if was any new members starting was to training in areas here them are looked if not trainee available then was give specific area to work (most of the time loading and unloading trailers) Just left because i was gonna work for myself
It was an ok job to work. The job was just an 'Ok company". There wasn't much room for advance and growth. The job was pretty straight forward it was a easy job to work and understand.
Managers and supervisors showed favoritism toward several associates. When conflict arises between two associates, they would hear your story but no further action will be admitted. Environment is very dusty. Extremely hot and humid in the summer.
Wouldn't go back to DHL in union. Loved the job but not some of management. No communication. People on the floor make the job, they are a good bunch. They have great benifits and the cost is really reasonable. 12 hrs shifts with mandating and an every other weekend schedule. The training is one of the best around and they definitely make sure you are comfortable on the equipment and job before you are left to do the job on your own. They have a safety first atmosphere and that's upheld to the highest of standards. If you have never done warehouse work before it's a good place to start, plenty of patience, and a nice ramp up period before they expect you to move a bunch of freight. So if you don't mind 12 hr days and working every other weekend then this might be the place for you.
Pros
Great people to work with
Cons
Management and communication
- Excellent working environment, - Safety is the Top most priority - Emphasis on Learning and Development - Opportunities for career enhancement - Different WMS systems
DHL has some great benefits. Drive is just to long. My drive each day is 1.5 hours each way. I train new employees how to operate MHE. I keep records of everyone's training. I also train all the hazmat training done on site.
benefits
Cons
driving distance