EY logo

EY Employee Reviews in Islamabad

Work-Life Balance

Found 17 reviews matching the searchSee all 7,856 reviews

Audit work

The best working environment among BIG4. You can discuss your issues with management and they resolve them on timely basis. They comply with legal requirements strictly.

Over worked and under paid, with poor work environment

I have been part of EY for almost 3 years now, over my time i have observed a number of issues, the culture involves a lot of favoritism, the people that are favorite to the senior management do not work extra and are promoted without any appropriate criteria. Salary is pathetic and working hours are long and tough and at the end of the day no one is appropriately compensated for the work they have done in terms of salary and appreciation. Work theft has been part of this place for over 3 years, seniors steal the work from juniors and present it to the senior management as their own Managers linger around you all the time so that they dont even let you rest even for a minute and make sure to suffocate you. My life has been upside down the minute i joined EYFR Islamabad and i also cant resign as my contract duration is 3.5 years and upon early termination or resignation i have been communicated by the management that i will not be provided with a experience certificate. Dont join EYFR Islamabad or any other firm, go for a career in a corporation instead.

Working environment

I joined EY in 2002 and left in 2006 so I think it would be irrelevant to comment. However EY is a very organization for learning. What I know today is because I have so much learning in EY

A good place to work.

A good place to work coupled with diversity factors which enable a person to groom in 360 degrees angle. The most joyous thing about EY is having its presence around the globe which enables one person to move anywhere around the globe by being a part of EY.

Its been great experience at EY.

EY is one of the top employer in world and I'm proud to have worked at EY for 4 years. The culture at EY is very friendly and helpful. It encourages not only innovation but also gives freedom as well to nurture fresh minds so they can be a good leader and decision maker in the future. The most enjoyable thing at EY was its working environment.

Pros

Balancing of work load

Cons

Time pressure

Good place to work to enhance and sharpen ones technical as well as interpersonal skills. Working there also help improve presentation skills and keeps you updated with the latest changes in the industry

Made a lot of long term friends

Great place to learn and exhibit your skills. Although appreciation is not much awarded but one gets a brand name. Late sittings and working on weekends is a norm but that pays off at a later stage.

Pros

Brand name

Cons

Late sittings

Extraordinary work experience

As a trainee i was responsible for various task relevant to tax affairs including litigation and compliance cases. I was also engaged in various secondments for telecom sector to energy sector including oil & gas extraction and services.

life at EY

Ernst and Young is one of the big four firms in the world. Working there taught me alot as it was first experience in the corporate world. I worked as an internee for three months. The most important thing I learned was how to communicate in a corporate office.

A very good and interactive organisation to work

 Financial Statements Analysis and Interpretation: My training at Ernst & Young Ford Rhodes Sidat Hyder, Chartered Accountants provided opportunities to understand the significance of various account balances in measuring the position and performance of the enterprises and interpret the financial statements for the purposes of stakeholders, lenders and government agencies.

Cons

A well established platform for learning

Ernst & Young is one of the Big 4 Accounting firm. Getting inducted there and leaning was awesome. Working there helped me to enhance my skills and motivated me for future growth.

best learning opportunities and professional people to work with

Being a Big four firm, and market leader provides you the best learning opportunities and professional people to work with.

Pros

Highly professional envirnment

Cons

Long working hours

Excellent work place.

Ernst & Young (known as EY) is a multinational professional services knowledge base firm headquartered in London, United Kingdom. It is one of the "Big Four" audit firms and is the third largest professional services firm in the world by aggregated revenue in 2015, after Deloitte and PwC.

It provides a great opportunity to learn as a trainee and has very high profile clientage in various sectors of industry. High work load, low stipend

We audit clients and perform our job as a team member or team leader when become senior, within a specified time period. Timelines are strictly adhered to. Apply EY Global Audit Methodology, Auditing and accounting standards. Learning stats from the very first day of articleship. As a junior I performed vouching and even lead a team as Job In charge within 1st year of my articles. Then as a semi senior guide Juniors, work as team and perform substantive procedures. As a senior work as a team leader, report directly to management and deal with client's management. Work as a link between Firm's management and Client. Management reviews work performed at client after a completion of fieldwork and provide technical assistance where needed. Co-workers include CA/ACCA trainees. Work on every client is performed as team. I have performed audit of AKF, 13 Years cumulative as team leader and completed this strenuous task alone and got 13 years report signed. The audit of Telenor as a senior has been very enjoyable as the team was great.

Pros

Learning opportunity, Best clients

Cons

Late sittings leaving no time for study, no salary, no conveyance

Overall a great place to work and to get your professional skills enhanced.

A typical day at work: I begin by going over the list from the previous day, setting priorities. I review the progress of existing projects, then check the calendar to refresh my memory on the upcoming projects. I like to meet with my team early, mid and late week to discuss priorities, check progress, and then prepare for the following week. I want to make sure, as much as possible, that we can all dedicate to tasks that move projects forward, so I make habits out of organizational tasks for speed. What you learned: How to manager my work effectively and to complete my work within specified time frame without compromising on quality of work. Management: Supportive and very friendly. Your co-workers: My co-workers are very friendly and are great colleagues to work with. The hardest part of the job: nothing is hard The most enjoyable part of the job: Teamwork.

Not a good Place to work

There are too many unqualified and un-ethical people specially in the Tax department. People are not paid as per the market standards and according to their qualification. Even all the departments of the firm have too much variance regarding pay scales

Pros

Good for the sake of having its name on the CV

Cons

Low Morale and bad social life

Professional and conducive environment for growth and advancement.

Ernst & Young is a great place to work. It provides a good career path and advancement oportunities. It prides itself on offering great quality in its services and presents a wonderful ergonomical environment with skilled employees who have the competency to perform any task related to their field of work.

Pros

competent staff, great work environment & advancement opportunities