EY logo
EY

EY Employee Reviews in Karachi

Work-Life Balance

Found 77 reviews matching the searchSee all 7,856 reviews

Great place to start your audit career

Great place to work, lot of late sitting but you learn a lot and it give your cv a lot of value. People are great, loving and caring and you have to do a lot of travelling.

Challenging and helpful to boost my professional career

Challenging as it was my first job and great to learn new and difficult things with a top audit firm. It really helped me to cope with my professional development.

Competitive, innovations, excellent management and friendly environment at workplace.

My diversified professional experience that I gained while working in EY Pakistan and EY Bahamas and impressive performances at both professional and academic levels (as detailed in the CV) has enabled me to present myself as a candidate for a suitable position in any organization. I believe I can now contribute positively towards the achievement of organizational goals along with my professional growth.

Best company to work .very professional peoples and very helpful. Managers are very helpful. Many opportunities to learn and delivered.flexible timings.

Perfect place for work

EY is the perfect place for work and give us a lot of opportunities to learn and develop skills which will help us in the professional career. EY give us a chance to learn through interacting different nature of industries and clients. Working according to IAS, ICFR and conducting audit as per ISAs give us the strong grip on the international standers.

Pros

learning

Cons

low salary

better work environment with fun and productivity

EY has been a great workplace. They have flexible work environment. They have better accounting and auditing softwares which make auditor's life easy.

Pros

They do everything to motivate their employees

Cons

low package

committed and hardworking

The organization am associated with is an audit firm which provides wide exposure to finance , accounts and audit. We get to learn from various clients. The organization has a wide portfolio of multinational client which provides an opportunity to get exposure in every aspect of the financial statement. Moreover the organization has open door policy which provides the opportunity in quick problem solving.

Pros

exposure regarding accounts, audit and local laws and regulation affecting the Financial statements

Cons

Late sittings

A very good learning experience

EY Ford Rhode is a place where you learn a lot. The only bad thing about it is it doesnt pay well. The management and heads motivate and encourage everyone.

Training with EY

As a Chartered Accountant, training with Ernst and Young is a must. The amount of knowledge you gain for this firm is huge as you get to audit few of the biggest companies. This training has made me who I am today.

Excellent place for personal development and achieving high quality standard.

Excellent place for personal development. The organisation has an excellent client base. Ideal place for providing a gateway to diversified prospective employers.

Jobs at EY

in Karachi
See more jobs

Productive and learning atmosphere

It is a great experience to work for one of Big 4 audit firms. During my tenure at EY, I had great opportunities to work in different areas and enhance my technical knowledge.

Pros

Diversified learning/exposure.

Cons

Excessive travelling

A Nerd's Paradise

As per my experience if you are a kind of person who is willing to let go of their private life and dedicate everything to work then this place is for you.

Pros

loose time management

Cons

low pay, no overtime pay, lots of overtime.

Competent and interactive workplace

The internships involved Inventory Management assignment. Our team was involved in maintaining data for inventory, job reconciliation as well as reporting malfunction in jobs. 9 internees were led by 3 supervisors at each shift(including Night shift). The assignment was demanding and we were rotated in shifts, weekly. Our supervisors were very cooperative and directed us through the period. We were engaged in reporting of problems and in the submissions of Statements. The benefits provided by the employer were adequate

Pros

Excellent job culture

Cons

Hectic work routine

Productive and a place for learning

EY is a great place to learn. We have a friendly culture, This place makes you learn about everything there is in the field of finance and tax. We enjoy our life in these firms.

Pros

Exposure to different kinds of work and clientele

Cons

Compensation

Productive and effective working environment.

Effectively manage the Audit process with appropriate consideration of audit risk issues and accounting technical matters. · Lead and manage fieldwork on clients sites including liaising with other departments to ensure the smooth delivery of the Audit process. · Demonstrate Business Development skills and identify additional sales opportunities · Demonstrate an application and solution-based approach to problem solving, referred to for research on delivery of solutions in that field on client assignments · Demonstrate expertise in primary accounting frameworks (UK GAAP or IFRS) and in related financial reporting matters · Demonstrate expertise in using GAM to perform an assurance engagement in compliance with auditing standards · Identify areas requiring improvement in the clients business processes and possible recommendations and prepare and deliver Management Letter to be provided to the client · Demonstrate the ability to influence, change and shape the direction of a particular activity, either internally and/or externally · Coach other less experienced staff through sharing experience and knowledge appropriately. · Contribute to effective team work in internal engagement situations. · Provide on-the-job training for developing auditing skills and familiarity with the firm's audit methodology will have greater opportunity than ever before to gain insights and experiences that will last you a lifetime.

Great Organisation for Learning.

EY overall is a very good organization for new joiners for learning perspective. and it also help the employees to start their career and build their professional skills.

A good learning place

I have been engaged with EY for 3+ years and it has given me a platform for my personal as well as professional growth. Along with internal audit, policies and procedures, internal controls have learnt how to face challenges, meet deadlines and deliver quality work to keep the client content and happy. EY has taught me how to face challenges and how to climb a ladder of success. Moreover, to achieve your targets, you need to work an extra mile and that extra helps you stand out in the crowd.

Pros

Learing and growth opportunities it offers

Cons

Gets a bit tiring at times

a day at work

its an multi national audit firm. ranked number 2 world wide. had great audit work experience workinh at various multi national and listed companies. great learning experience

Pros

exposure

Cons

stipend

One of the best places I have worked

I would recommend EY to everyone. It is the best place to learn from one of the amazing seniors. Management can be sometimes tough with the deadlines and overtime but overall is the enjoyable employer because you get to learn on the clients which are among the top clientele in the industry. The major factor which kept me going and working hard is the career advancement one will get after completion of training at EY.

Pros

Free Lunches

Cons

Overtime

good

learned a lot from senior officials. every day is different as you will face new challenges. make your mind ready for late sittings and than you will enjoy the work.

Pros

free dinner

Cons

late sittings

Excellent organization

EY, one of the big four firms, is the best place to enhance your skills and learning. Excellent clientele, qualified and competent people and best oppurtunities for grooming at EY unlocks door to successful career.