EY logo
EY

EY Employee Reviews for Senior Auditor

Work-Life Balance

Found 36 reviews matching the searchSee all 7,856 reviews

Competitive, innovations, excellent management and friendly environment at workplace.

My diversified professional experience that I gained while working in EY Pakistan and EY Bahamas and impressive performances at both professional and academic levels (as detailed in the CV) has enabled me to present myself as a candidate for a suitable position in any organization. I believe I can now contribute positively towards the achievement of organizational goals along with my professional growth.

better work environment with fun and productivity

EY has been a great workplace. They have flexible work environment. They have better accounting and auditing softwares which make auditor's life easy.

Pros

They do everything to motivate their employees

Cons

low package

Training with EY

As a Chartered Accountant, training with Ernst and Young is a must. The amount of knowledge you gain for this firm is huge as you get to audit few of the biggest companies. This training has made me who I am today.

Productive and effective working environment.

Effectively manage the Audit process with appropriate consideration of audit risk issues and accounting technical matters. 路 Lead and manage fieldwork on clients sites including liaising with other departments to ensure the smooth delivery of the Audit process. 路 Demonstrate Business Development skills and identify additional sales opportunities 路 Demonstrate an application and solution-based approach to problem solving, referred to for research on delivery of solutions in that field on client assignments 路 Demonstrate expertise in primary accounting frameworks (UK GAAP or IFRS) and in related financial reporting matters 路 Demonstrate expertise in using GAM to perform an assurance engagement in compliance with auditing standards 路 Identify areas requiring improvement in the clients business processes and possible recommendations and prepare and deliver Management Letter to be provided to the client 路 Demonstrate the ability to influence, change and shape the direction of a particular activity, either internally and/or externally 路 Coach other less experienced staff through sharing experience and knowledge appropriately. 路 Contribute to effective team work in internal engagement situations. 路 Provide on-the-job training for developing auditing skills and familiarity with the firm's audit methodology will have greater opportunity than ever before to gain insights and experiences that will last you a lifetime.

Great Organisation for Learning.

EY overall is a very good organization for new joiners for learning perspective. and it also help the employees to start their career and build their professional skills.

Great place and people to work with.

EY Ford Rhodes is a place where you can build yourself as a sound professional to compete in the business world whereas the company is constantly thriving to build a better working world.

Challenging and productive with new opportunities

1) Day at my first work I am always excited when it comes to undertake new tasks and assignments and when i am at work every day has its own challenges with lots of learning. 2)What i learned There won't be no doubt if i say my first employer helped me a lot in making me a good professional.The organization taught me how to handle work pressures. 3)Hardest part of the Job Currently i am working in a reputable organization where i deal with day to day tax matters.Its always become challenging and hard if a vendor challenges the practice that you follow relating to tax compliance.But nonetheless it teaches me a lot. 4)Most Enjoyable part of the Job When you get notification that your salary has been credited.Apart from this for me if something challenging is assigned to me and i get this done right nothing can be more satisfying.

Pros

Outstations, free allowances, training courses.

Cons

Late sittings, hassle of driving for hours.

Good place to work to enhance and sharpen ones technical as well as interpersonal skills. Working there also help improve presentation skills and keeps you updated with the latest changes in the industry

Excellent organization

EY, one of the big four firms, is the best place to enhance your skills and learning. Excellent clientele, qualified and competent people and best oppurtunities for grooming at EY unlocks door to successful career.

Leading Audit firm

Leading audit firm who train Chartered Accountants from basic accounting to complete set of financial reporting. they have clients from different industries.

Pros

professionals

Good workplace

Amazing banking clients, some of the biggest in Pakistan. Learned a lot about audit and assurance. Good flexible working hours and alot of good opportunities and exposure

Made a lot of long term friends

Great place to learn and exhibit your skills. Although appreciation is not much awarded but one gets a brand name. Late sittings and working on weekends is a norm but that pays off at a later stage.

Pros

Brand name

Cons

Late sittings

It is a great place to gain experience and professional skills.

I have gained a comprehensive understanding of laws and regulations governing various industries and has also learned a lot about financial reporting and analysis.

Productive and funplace

EY is a great platform to apply your knowledge to develop your skills. The wide customer range give you a diversified experience opening many gates of professional career in the field of Accounting, Finance and audit

Productive place with a lot of work pressure

Its an awesome place to do articleship and to learn about financial management . Its a place where u learn about team handling , financial statements handling along with knowledge of laws applicable in Pakistan.

Pros

Free dinners on late sittings

Cons

short breaks and holidays

A day never passes when I have not learned something new

EY Ford Rhodes, a big4 firm has indeed a lot to offer everyone. Being in big4, EY Ford Rhodes enjoy a numerous clientele including multinationals, listed entities and big private groups. I have been associated with EY for past 3 years and a typical day at work comes around where you gain an extra knowledge over your so far practical experience. With every client you are allocated on comes up with different audit approach with differentiated risks and issues. The managers and senior managers are helpful. They transfer their knowledge to the trainees and polish them in their training period so that the staff can nourish their knowledge with practical approach when they move abroad or with in industry. Co-workers are deemed to be the best part of the firm where we work together in teams to gather audit evidences. We share knowledge of IFRS and ISAs. We discuss the issues and risks associated with clients and how we conclude to address those issues. Hardest part of the job is when we are given stringent deadlines to complete the audit within certain timelines. Often these relates to listed clients with close reporting periods who seeks audited accounts as soon as their year end approaches.

Pros

Big4 Name

Cons

Short breaks

Excellent

It was proud to be working with EY. It gave me international exposure and I wish to continue with the organization like this.

Productive workplace

Encountered international work exposure during work at EY. Worked with highly qualified professional with good work skills.

Good working enviornment

It was a good learning experience working here. The superiors focus on quality and ensure the staff is well trained in the process.

Productive and highly fast paced

A project based work environment with something to learn on each new assignment. The work takes an individual to different clients and new locations which was exciting both personally and professionally.

Pros

Learning, Project-based

Very good environment to work, with equal opportunities for all.

I learned auditing skills, Management of work and people, understanding of working environment of different industries and how things run over there.

Pros

Good Environment, Good Social Circle, Wide Experience

Cons

Pressure times