EY logo
EY

EY Management reviews

Clear

Found 47 reviews matching the searchSee all 7,894 reviews

Great learning experience and gives you significant amount of exposure

EY is a great place to work for individuals who want to boost there career at the begining. Working here helps us to learn a lot though exposure at multiple clients for various assignments. You get to learn in working team, projsct management, repor drafting, analyticl skills.

Pros

Exposure and learning

Cons

Less benefots, Frequent changes in clients and assignments

Over worked and under paid, with poor work environment

I have been part of EY for almost 3 years now, over my time i have observed a number of issues, the culture involves a lot of favoritism, the people that are favorite to the senior management do not work extra and are promoted without any appropriate criteria. Salary is pathetic and working hours are long and tough and at the end of the day no one is appropriately compensated for the work they have done in terms of salary and appreciation. Work theft has been part of this place for over 3 years, seniors steal the work from juniors and present it to the senior management as their own Managers linger around you all the time so that they dont even let you rest even for a minute and make sure to suffocate you. My life has been upside down the minute i joined EYFR Islamabad and i also cant resign as my contract duration is 3.5 years and upon early termination or resignation i have been communicated by the management that i will not be provided with a experience certificate. Dont join EYFR Islamabad or any other firm, go for a career in a corporation instead.

Productive and fun Workplace

I liked the workculture. All the staff and senior management were really helpful and motivating. Got to learn a lot from my seniors. The most enjoyable part of the job was the flexibility in work hours.

EY has a very friendly working environment. Everyone is cooperative and there is openness between the upper and lower management. All the grivevances can be communicated directly and timely resolved.

Pros

no late sittings, friendly working environment

Cons

no benefits for trainees

Audit work

The best working environment among BIG4. You can discuss your issues with management and they resolve them on timely basis. They comply with legal requirements strictly.

A very good learning experience

EY Ford Rhode is a place where you learn a lot. The only bad thing about it is it doesnt pay well. The management and heads motivate and encourage everyone.

Most of the work is learn from the EY

Ey is the globally big 4 audit firm, i was learn from EY is the pressure handling on the industry, team management, communication skills, and most important is how the work is performend effictevly

Pros

TA/DA's, overtime

Cons

short leaves, exams leaves

Productive and Friendly work Place

It was great experience to work for Ernst Young. During my tenure at EY, I have learn a lot of skills and improve my professional knowledge. Management of EY was very cooperative,energetic and overall culture of firm was very friendly and very professional. i have easily access to my seniors and management staff.

Cons

Healthcare

A Nerd's Paradise

As per my experience if you are a kind of person who is willing to let go of their private life and dedicate everything to work then this place is for you.

Pros

loose time management

Cons

low pay, no overtime pay, lots of overtime.

No advantage except name on the CV

Very demandng. No work/life balance. Pay is really bad. Pressure of deadlines is too much. Management is unsympathetic. However, the name on the CV is amazng and learning is a lot.

Competent and interactive workplace

The internships involved Inventory Management assignment. Our team was involved in maintaining data for inventory, job reconciliation as well as reporting malfunction in jobs. 9 internees were led by 3 supervisors at each shift(including Night shift). The assignment was demanding and we were rotated in shifts, weekly. Our supervisors were very cooperative and directed us through the period. We were engaged in reporting of problems and in the submissions of Statements. The benefits provided by the employer were adequate

Pros

Excellent job culture

Cons

Hectic work routine

Productive and effective working environment.

Effectively manage the Audit process with appropriate consideration of audit risk issues and accounting technical matters. 路 Lead and manage fieldwork on clients sites including liaising with other departments to ensure the smooth delivery of the Audit process. 路 Demonstrate Business Development skills and identify additional sales opportunities 路 Demonstrate an application and solution-based approach to problem solving, referred to for research on delivery of solutions in that field on client assignments 路 Demonstrate expertise in primary accounting frameworks (UK GAAP or IFRS) and in related financial reporting matters 路 Demonstrate expertise in using GAM to perform an assurance engagement in compliance with auditing standards 路 Identify areas requiring improvement in the clients business processes and possible recommendations and prepare and deliver Management Letter to be provided to the client 路 Demonstrate the ability to influence, change and shape the direction of a particular activity, either internally and/or externally 路 Coach other less experienced staff through sharing experience and knowledge appropriately. 路 Contribute to effective team work in internal engagement situations. 路 Provide on-the-job training for developing auditing skills and familiarity with the firm's audit methodology will have greater opportunity than ever before to gain insights and experiences that will last you a lifetime.

One of the Big 4 Audit firms

Ernst & Young Ford Rhodes Sidat Hyder is one of the world鈥檚 oldest and highest ranking firms of Chartered Accountants and Management Consultants and which is ranked among the top 10 global accounting networks in the world. I worked as an internee in ITRA (Information Technology Risk Assurance) Department over various array of assurance and other assignments.

It is a hellhole.

The culture at the firm is discouraging and authoritarian. The management does not harness you best abilities and try to demotivate you at every possible corner. They are milking the name of a BIG 4, where they demand a lot from you and provide nothing in return. Its heart wrenching.

Pros

The name of EY

Cons

To many to mention

One of the best places I have worked

I would recommend EY to everyone. It is the best place to learn from one of the amazing seniors. Management can be sometimes tough with the deadlines and overtime but overall is the enjoyable employer because you get to learn on the clients which are among the top clientele in the industry. The major factor which kept me going and working hard is the career advancement one will get after completion of training at EY.

Pros

Free Lunches

Cons

Overtime

Its a fun place to work on, good working environment.

I have learnt alot in EY, how to handle work pressure, how Interact and coordinate with the senior management of the client at the time of commencement, during the course and finalization of assurance engagement.

Pros

handle work pressure

Cons

no appreciation

Knowledge based work

A great place to learn working with several clients. Helpful seniors make work easier and the culture is progressive. Great performance management framework. Salary & Benefits on the lower side.

productive and a good learning platform

Mostly client based work as EY provides consultancy services to organisations. It has a good working culture and very supportive management who are always willjng to teach and guide.

Fun place but very demanding had to sit late till 2 a.m at night in the office

Work was done in professional manner by the employees but the management and seniors were working as makeshift employees too casual. The real essence of mnc was not felt at the Karachi office.

Productive place with a lot of work pressure

Its an awesome place to do articleship and to learn about financial management . Its a place where u learn about team handling , financial statements handling along with knowledge of laws applicable in Pakistan.

Pros

Free dinners on late sittings

Cons

short breaks and holidays

Amazing Organizational Culture

Fun Filled and motivated staff despite setbacks such as extremely low pay which does frustrate an occasional employee. I learned a lot about teamwork and how to deal with clients especially difficult ones. Apart from that I also learnt how to get what I had in my mind across to someone to convince them of a solution they don't have much technical expertise about. Management have a lot of conflicts which effect the junior staff members who are in a vast majority. Co-workers were absolutely friendly and always willing to let a hand even if that particular job or engagement does not concern them. The hardest part of the job is very generic with all employers in this industry and that is to meet deadlines given by difficult to deal with clients. The most enjoyable part of the whole EY experience is the strong bonding between all the employees through various social meets held by EY for their employees.

Pros

Understanding and supportive boss, Different committees responsible for conducting different activities for their employees

Cons

Insufficient compensation, location of the office.
  • EY