EY

EY Pay & Benefits reviews

It was a very good learning experience that helped me to develop personally, mentally and professionally. Overall great working environment and hats off to the EY culture
Pros
Exposure
Cons
Salary
I have been part of EY for almost 3 years now, over my time i have observed a number of issues, the culture involves a lot of favoritism, the people that are favorite to the senior management do not work extra and are promoted without any appropriate criteria. Salary is pathetic and working hours are long and tough and at the end of the day no one is appropriately compensated for the work they have done in terms of salary and appreciation. Work theft has been part of this place for over 3 years, seniors steal the work from juniors and present it to the senior management as their own Managers linger around you all the time so that they dont even let you rest even for a minute and make sure to suffocate you. My life has been upside down the minute i joined EYFR Islamabad and i also cant resign as my contract duration is 3.5 years and upon early termination or resignation i have been communicated by the management that i will not be provided with a experience certificate. Dont join EYFR Islamabad or any other firm, go for a career in a corporation instead.
EY is the perfect place for work and give us a lot of opportunities to learn and develop skills which will help us in the professional career. EY give us a chance to learn through interacting different nature of industries and clients. Working according to IAS, ICFR and conducting audit as per ISAs give us the strong grip on the international standers.
Pros
learning
Cons
low salary
Job enrichment and Learning is very high. Everyday is a new learning day. Open Door policy helps taking initiatives and creativity is appreciated at work. Compensation and Benefit policies needs to be aligned with global EY practices
Pros
Learning
Cons
Compensation
EY has a very friendly working environment. Everyone is cooperative and there is openness between the upper and lower management. All the grivevances can be communicated directly and timely resolved.
Pros
no late sittings, friendly working environment
Cons
no benefits for trainees
Ey is the globally big 4 audit firm, i was learn from EY is the pressure handling on the industry, team management, communication skills, and most important is how the work is performend effictevly
Pros
TA/DA's, overtime
Cons
short leaves, exams leaves
As per my experience if you are a kind of person who is willing to let go of their private life and dedicate everything to work then this place is for you.
Pros
loose time management
Cons
low pay, no overtime pay, lots of overtime.
The internships involved Inventory Management assignment. Our team was involved in maintaining data for inventory, job reconciliation as well as reporting malfunction in jobs. 9 internees were led by 3 supervisors at each shift(including Night shift). The assignment was demanding and we were rotated in shifts, weekly. Our supervisors were very cooperative and directed us through the period. We were engaged in reporting of problems and in the submissions of Statements. The benefits provided by the employer were adequate
Pros
Excellent job culture
Cons
Hectic work routine
EY is a great place to learn. We have a friendly culture, This place makes you learn about everything there is in the field of finance and tax. We enjoy our life in these firms.
Pros
Exposure to different kinds of work and clientele
Cons
Compensation
1) Day at my first work I am always excited when it comes to undertake new tasks and assignments and when i am at work every day has its own challenges with lots of learning. 2)What i learned There won't be no doubt if i say my first employer helped me a lot in making me a good professional.The organization taught me how to handle work pressures. 3)Hardest part of the Job Currently i am working in a reputable organization where i deal with day to day tax matters.Its always become challenging and hard if a vendor challenges the practice that you follow relating to tax compliance.But nonetheless it teaches me a lot. 4)Most Enjoyable part of the Job When you get notification that your salary has been credited.Apart from this for me if something challenging is assigned to me and i get this done right nothing can be more satisfying.
Pros
Outstations, free allowances, training courses.
Cons
Late sittings, hassle of driving for hours.
EY is a very friendly place to work at but preference is given to locally qualified chartered accountants and the salary isn't as attractive as in the industry. Further, the work timings could kill your life otherwise.
I have been working in advisory with EY Ford Rhodes for more than 3 years, the people and culture is very good however the OP and other benefits are not available with your fixed stipend.
This is one of the best Audit Firms. Great Learning opportunities of Auditing in different industries. Great Job Culture. Long Term positive effect in career growth. Only Drawback is that it does not ever provide you with reasonable salary, compensations or benefits.
A great place to learn working with several clients. Helpful seniors make work easier and the culture is progressive. Great performance management framework. Salary & Benefits on the lower side.
Amazing banking clients, some of the biggest in Pakistan. Learned a lot about audit and assurance. Good flexible working hours and alot of good opportunities and exposure
Not for people with families. There are long hours, very frequent late sittings and very little monetary compensation. It is not for people without CA qualification. Without a CA background there is very little chance of progress.
Pros
Excellent international brand name
Cons
Long hours, very little compensation.
Daliy perform predictive procedures on salaries and security expenses &verification of assets on each centre and confirm their bank balance and cash. Atmosphere of the whole duration was quite friendly.
Pros
Free lunch and travelling allowance
Cons
Short Duration
A typical day work consisted of long hours of solving complex tasks of the clients but the advantage was the strong team that we had that liked to work long hours and gelled together really well.
Pros
A good learning Place
Cons
Very long hours
It was really glad to me to have the experience of EY. I have managed the different roles their in accounts & finance departments of different clients which includes more multinational companies and including international exposure of Saudi Arabia for six month.
Pros
Experience to work in different work environments and cultures
Cons
Salary & Benefits are limited
Its a good organization, where you feel that you'r capabilities are polished and make a responsible person so that later you would be able to handle any senior positions in the upcoming jobs.
Pros
Free lunch & Dinner
Cons
Less social time
It provides very professional environment for its employees along with sufficient learning and gowth opportunities. Moreover, handsome salary is provided to employees to keep them motivated.
Pros
Travelling
Cons
Late sitting