EY

EY Pay & Benefits reviews

It was a very good learning experience that helped me to develop personally, mentally and professionally. Overall great working environment and hats off to the EY culture
Pros
Exposure
Cons
Salary
As assistant was working for manager taxation and responsible to prepare tax returns for corporate and individual under Pakistan tax regime, prepare monthly, half yearly and yearly tax statements for corporate tax clients, calculation of advance tax and individual tax liabilities, correspondence with clients and tax authorities on behalf of clients.
Pros
Job work life balance
Cons
Salary and Benefit
EY focuses on building a better working environment and hence focuses on building good working relations with its staff in order to enhance performance and productivity
Pros
Good work environment and regular off time from work like picnics or dinners
Cons
Fun Filled and motivated staff despite setbacks such as extremely low pay which does frustrate an occasional employee. I learned a lot about teamwork and how to deal with clients especially difficult ones. Apart from that I also learnt how to get what I had in my mind across to someone to convince them of a solution they don't have much technical expertise about. Management have a lot of conflicts which effect the junior staff members who are in a vast majority. Co-workers were absolutely friendly and always willing to let a hand even if that particular job or engagement does not concern them. The hardest part of the job is very generic with all employers in this industry and that is to meet deadlines given by difficult to deal with clients. The most enjoyable part of the whole EY experience is the strong bonding between all the employees through various social meets held by EY for their employees.
Pros
Understanding and supportive boss, Different committees responsible for conducting different activities for their employees
Cons
Insufficient compensation, location of the office.
Overall experience is good. Manager and senior manager are problem solving and good mentor............... Overall experience is good.
Your whole growth was dependent on how you please your boss rather than your competence. Salary was too low. I worked as trainee and our peon was earning more than me.
Pros
Brand Name
Cons
Worst culture, Small pay
We audit clients and perform our job as a team member or team leader when become senior, within a specified time period. Timelines are strictly adhered to. Apply EY Global Audit Methodology, Auditing and accounting standards. Learning stats from the very first day of articleship. As a junior I performed vouching and even lead a team as Job In charge within 1st year of my articles. Then as a semi senior guide Juniors, work as team and perform substantive procedures. As a senior work as a team leader, report directly to management and deal with client's management. Work as a link between Firm's management and Client. Management reviews work performed at client after a completion of fieldwork and provide technical assistance where needed. Co-workers include CA/ACCA trainees. Work on every client is performed as team. I have performed audit of AKF, 13 Years cumulative as team leader and completed this strenuous task alone and got 13 years report signed. The audit of Telenor as a senior has been very enjoyable as the team was great.
Pros
Learning opportunity, Best clients
Cons
Late sittings leaving no time for study, no salary, no conveyance
Working environment was pleasant at EY.I helps me out to enhance professional developement. My co-workers and seniors were cooperative and i've learnt alot of things relating to audit of companies having different nature and size.
Pros
free lunch, Bonus, Travelling
Cons
Late sitting
Excellent learning opportunities I have learnt so much in small period of time Great people/ mentors to work with Awesome work environment Too much work pressure Nooooo time for family Very low compensation
I have spent 2 years at EY and it was a lifetime experience and I hope to be a part of it again.
Pros
Exposure, People
Cons
Compensation
There are too many unqualified and un-ethical people specially in the Tax department. People are not paid as per the market standards and according to their qualification. Even all the departments of the firm have too much variance regarding pay scales
Pros
Good for the sake of having its name on the CV
Cons
Low Morale and bad social life
Actually at EY every day was a typical one because in audit firm you have start there day with new assignment and you have the responsibility to complete that assignment on time to prove to be productive for the firm. Because in audit firm you always be in competition with there colleague and new joiner and potential joiner. I have learned plenty of things including how to manage burden of work and how to tackle pressure when at one time you have responsible to report more than one person and to perform more than one different nature task and interesting thing was that all the task was at their own priority, much fun was there i love it very much. Management was supportive and co-workers was too and the hardest part of the job is nothing because i love to do more work so i enjoyed it. I love to work and there in EY lots of work to done so i enjoyed the work.
Pros
Lots of work was available for me. Yup at late seating you are eligible to order dinner.
Cons
nothing but little bit about he same salary or stipend issue.
Good Learning, Good Working Environment, Learning New things, High Volume of transactions
Cons
Long Hours
It is a good company in Pakistan but there are long working hours and not competitive salaries
Pros
Competitive
Cons
It's good to have work for EY. EY is reputed and well recognized firm all over the world. However, in Pakistan it do not offer market competitive salary.
Good working environment, flexible working hours, excellent management and a place to learn and grasp skills
Pros
learning, new ideas, proactive
Cons
low paid salary, work load