Fatima Memorial Hospital

Fatima Memorial Hospital Employee Reviews

Learned alot from FMH as it is the main hub of patients treating hundreds of patients daily and working with senior doctors , really boost our confidence .
Pros
Main Hub
Cons
It is a nice place to work at and people are nice. It is a slow pace environment and feels monotonous for ambitious career oriented individuals. The management is supportive but they have limited budgets to allocate to support departments like admin, finance etc.
Working environment at Fatima memorial is very friendly. Consultants are very cooperative. By assisting in surgery, I learned new things from my seniors everyday.
It is very caring organization. I like it very much. It is very serious about there patients and employees. It have multi pal systems in across pakistan.
The top management is extremely against change and does not welcome change and innovation. Hence, there are many administrative issues which the organization is currently facing.
The job here is to deal with patients and their attendants, guiding helping and dealing with all kind of people in a pleased manner is part of my job.
Pros
Tea
Cons
health care provident fund
I worked at Fatima Memorial Hospital & Medical College from 2004 till 2011 and this was probably the best job i did in my surgical career. I became Professor of Surgery at the same institution where I started as an Assistant Professor.
Handle cash and billing staff's operational activities, meeting staff requirements, handling complaints about cash and billing, I learned to do more hard work, how to handle staff and complaints, and how to manage work load in rush time Work culture is normal but colleges are very supportive and helping. hard part is billing mistake complaints some time are very difficult to manage but it is rare in months Enjoyable part is we arrange visit hill station after avery 3 months for 3 days
Cons
a busy typical day at work with patients in outdoor clinic & indoor clinic . good working experience in general Intensive care unit with good paramedic staff
Fatima Memorial Hospital made me workaholic, There is an environment where one can work for long hours without any stress, if S(he) is tempted to learn and contribute for general public welfare. In any organization one can earn professional experience, but there are very few organizations where one can earn deep and internal satisfaction while serving the ailing society of our country; and Fatima Memorial Hospital is one of those organizations. Was lucky to work and learn under direct supervision of General Ghulam Sabir Aziz (Ex Director) & Col Tanveer Rana (Medical Director).........
Pros
Just work, work and work
Cons
A lot of work to do as yet......
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Fatima Memorial Hospital?
It was good experience.All staff was coo-perative. Patients samples were collected and sent to us.Then we did analysis and diagnose the actual reason what did happen to the patient and why?
Pros
There are alot of work that we can do there.
Cons
Mostly work related to just one field ... isolation of E.coli
Arrange FCPS/MCPS classed, distrbute handouts, making slide and overhoverhead transparent lectures, also arrange perinatal, general pactitioner and workshops / conferences and brief in meeting about Continuin Education Program. Medical terminology tongue and its speciality learn and dompose medical history dictate by professors.
Pros
lunch break and prayers offered break
Cons
medical with medicine free
Highly esteemed experience to work for needy people and got mental satisfaction.Specially on one day i got the chance to help the poor parent to arrange medical help for heart surgery.
Pros
free pick and drop
Cons
I did internship at FMH and LUMS. The experience at both the places was so good. In LUMS I actually learned the basic techniques used in molecular biology like: gel electrophoresis, PCR, cloning, competent cell preparation, infilterations, plasmid extraction, RNA extraction and some other techniques. The environment and people there were so friendly, co-operative and energetic. They made me learn so much in a very good way. In FMH, I did internship in microbiology lab where I learned to study the microbiological plates and some dying techniques. The hardest part of the job is to work under the person who only commands you not to co-operate with you in a good way. The most enjoyable part of the job is to having good and friendly co-workers and the opportunities where you get something new to learn.
I managed a great number of sick babies/neonates/children, carried out necessary procedures, family conselling of sick children when needed, resuscitated a number of critically sick children/neonates, provided mechanical ventilation management when needed.
get to attend many workshops and conferences that took place in Hospital.worked closely with seniors and heads of department.
Pros
work life balance as work time was up til 4pm
Cons
no job seccurity
responsilbe. hard working , cooperative and honest. Always ready to do the work that is in best interest of patient interest
Good Competitive environment,i have learned how to teach medicine to students and how to be punctual,My co workers are jolly and fun loving.The hardest part is to take exam and enjoyable part is the holiday or hangout with colleagues.
a lot of politics. job is given only to high achievers or to people with influential recommendations. the managements is not very helpful.
a great place for dental graduates to attain experience under highly proffesional dentists.i learned root canals,fillings and most importantly patient handling and management.
Pros
good experience
Cons
As i work being a nursing assistant so every day start with new challenges from greetings and taking vital signs to the head to toe examinations and care to the patient. i have learned so many things as how to communicate with client and how to develop an interpersonal relationship with the client to solve their problems as well as how to manage the time and file records of every client. Well, the co-workers in every department were very kind and helpful. The hardest part of the job is only when a health care professional breaking a bad news to the patients or their relatives regarding their health issues. And the loveliest things in this field is to serve the humanity.
Pros
interact with so many people
Cons
sometime so many shifts in a week