Foreign & Commonwealth Office

Foreign & Commonwealth Office Employee Reviews

All equipment, All trailer, All tracks, All lifters, All dampars, carpintar, purchasing, woshing, transportation, oprestion, maintenance, repairing, machines, plumber, electric, carpintar and all works responsibly etc
Lubers, vendors and all staff handling etc

And more professional experience knowledge etc
Pros
Mobile phone and petrol free
Cons
Saturday is off
working in a place with very high government official is a surreal experience.

There are Many aspects to this role that allow you to challenge yourself and benefit from the different avenues it allows you to explore.

A very relaxed yet busy environment, and constant excitement in the air. Many exciting events also took place within the 3 FCO buildings, which were usually high profile and that bought a sense of joy itself, to be a part of something so big.

overall a very pleasant working place and very friendly staff in general.
Pros
Working alongside the backbone of the country
Cons
very long hours.
Really interesting place to work but poor pay. Slow advancement and no annual bonus. Workplace culture is good and you get to work with some amazing people.
I made excellent friends for life and the institution was an absolute pleasure to work for. I would recommend it to anyone considering applying for management positions.
Verantwortlich für alle Post.
Gelernte Teamarbeit.
I would recomemend working with the FCO. They have the interest of the U.K. at the forefront of their operations. Their work is interesting and challanging.
The 'red tape' that was around every process caused the delay in a lot of areas within the company. As a contractor this was actually a good thing from a selfish point of view, but as a taxpayer this was a bad example of resource use etc.
Well recommended. Great team and location with significant job satisfaction. The most enjoyable part of the job involved multi-agency collaboration. Thank you.
Opportunities were taken away from junior grades particularly those wishing to travel overseas. Much uncertainty across the office and low staff morale.
Pros
Flexible working conditions
Cons
Job insecurity
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Foreign & Commonwealth Office?
My day can vary from simple office admin, to irregular working hours, to emergency jobs and visits to offices in my region (South America and Carribean)
the role was fun and engaging. I was able to plan around my degree. but the pay was quite low. the main disadvangate is there is no progression. after finishing being a student, there are no other ways to stay in the role, nor are you offered anything else within the office.
Pros
easy to plan around studies
Cons
no further opportunities
un departamento de IT muy organizado con muchas cosas buenas.
Pros
seguro, buen salario
Cons
breaks un poco cortos
Need I say more than the title. You won't get promoted quickly nor will you be recognised for your efforts. The work place is too bureaucratic and you have to climb over so many hurdles to do the simplest things.
Hard working and innovative organisation, that seeks to improve through listening to staff feedback and suggestion schemes.

Diverse workforce representative of the community it serves.
Pros
Job security
Cons
Team is very good. Enjoyed thoroughly working there for about 5 years. Very good balance work and personal life. The manger and colleagues used to like to work with me.
My experience of the Foreign and Commonwealth Office was fantastic as I experienced the workings of a professional environment. I also worked on a project with the company as part of my university course which proved to be invaluable to my studies
Staff were great and lower management caring. machinery good and well cared for. staff great. lots of benefits. Salary good. good canteen etc. would recommend the job to anyone.
Pros
good reliable job
Cons
poor manager
Good job security but pay has been heaverly eroded over the last few years. There are no bonuses or perks.
Promotion is slow and very complecated.

working hours per week are 37. You can work anytime between 7:00 and 18:00.
Pros
Flexi time
Cons
low pay and increases
This is a good place to work. Get to work with other government departments across the world. Work in different departments to learn new skills and extremely rewarding.
good
Cons
nice
Worked as seasonal staff@UKVI & the treatment is bad, there's a lot of fraud with hiring people, its not about UR work but about which manager likes U
Salary was good after recent salary adjustments, but only applied to a group of individuals. Good work life balance and also opportunities to travel. Good culture.