Foreign & Commonwealth Office

Foreign & Commonwealth Office Employee Reviews in Milton Keynes

Milton Keynes14 reviews
Really top place to work, this is a great foundation and finish for a civil servant. Professional and respected throughout the country. Highly recommended.
Great place to work. Never had a better job or environment to work in. The people were great and the hours good. The pay I miss more then the job but when it’s good pay you can’t knock it
Productive and fun workplace, great people to work with and a great team. Technical skills in the bsuiness are low, however Im a contractor and come with all the required skills
Need I say more than the title. You won't get promoted quickly nor will you be recognised for your efforts. The work place is too bureaucratic and you have to climb over so many hurdles to do the simplest things.
Team is very good. Enjoyed thoroughly working there for about 5 years. Very good balance work and personal life. The manger and colleagues used to like to work with me.
My experience of the Foreign and Commonwealth Office was fantastic as I experienced the workings of a professional environment. I also worked on a project with the company as part of my university course which proved to be invaluable to my studies
Good job security but pay has been heaverly eroded over the last few years. There are no bonuses or perks.
Promotion is slow and very complecated.

working hours per week are 37. You can work anytime between 7:00 and 18:00.
Pros
Flexi time
Cons
low pay and increases
Loved working at Fco. Nice friendly colleagues and great location to get to. Learnt loads, could expand my skills set and evolve.
Pros
Flexi hours
Cons
Lovely people and the job wasn't bad either. However, the pay is terrible (being a Government post), and I found that I was struggling to pay my bills, so time to move on.
Pros
Flexi-time
Cons
Low pay
I received a lot of in-house training, used a lot of new applications. Met lovely people from all backgrounds, assisted management with various internet banking projects and implemented it. It was a big success. We worked real hard and did take time to celebrate the completion too...
Pros
good team to work with
interesting culture and job roles within company ,nice co workers .
good holiday entitlement .good advancement opportunity's
Flexible hours for permanent staff which is good, and, support for further education if permanent staff which is also good. Seems to be lots of contract staff about who have been there a very long time, but, quite a reasonable bunch to work with.
Pros
Variable work load. Can be interesting working with other Gov.Dept's.
Cons
Advancement can be slow.
Highly professional ITIL environment - Global Company

High pressure, fast paced, multi disciplined requiring self motivation and excellent time management.
Pros
Learned many things that I can use in the future
Cons
Travelling from Birmingham to MK everyday
A typical day shift would comprise for myself, taking calls and dealing with emails from customers, running my team of 5 and reporting directly to the service desk manager and incident manager on ongoing issues, new or developing problems and general team management.

My team are some of the best people i have ever worked with which makes any job more enjoyable and we all work hard and play hard when we can!

The most enjoyable part of my job is being able to resolve issues for the customers and leaving them with a smile!