Foreign & Commonwealth Office

Foreign & Commonwealth Office Employee Reviews for Learning and Development Manager

Learning and Development Manager2 reviews
My diplomatic service experience enables me to demonstrate confidentiality, sensitivity, initiative and sound judgement. My ability to be resilient, flexible and adaptable was largely developed whilst working at the Foreign and Commonwealth Office in London intertwined with 9 years overseas postings to embassies overseas. In addition, the rich experience and knowledge I gained through interaction with a diverse range of people and cultures both at home and overseas makes me a credible candidate.

I have good organisational, communication and interpersonal skills. I am a reliable team player, able to work under pressure, with minimum supervision and discretion. I also have fast/accurate IT skills thus able to deliver a rapid turnover of tasks. For example my work at the Foreign and Commonwealth Office would often involve preparation of urgent briefing for No10 or the Palace which would mean re-prioritising other tasks in order to produce work to a high quality at short notice and within tight deadlines.

My Masters degree and CIPD courses covered a diverse range of modules, for example, employee relations, employment law, performance and reward, effective management and leadership, learning and development, people resourcing and strategic HRM. In addition, I also undertook dissertations on managing workplace diversity and occupational stress. I am therefore aware of the importance of achieving employee engagement/commitment and its effect on recruitment/retention, motivation, organisational culture, employer branding and thus competitive advantage. However, I am willing
 - more...
Pros
Travel. Flexible/Remote working.
Cons
Varied fast paced roles both at home and overseas. Often working under pressure, to tight deadlines and with minimum supervision.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Foreign & Commonwealth Office?