GlaxoSmithKline

GlaxoSmithKline Employee Reviews

It was a wonderful experience at GSK Pakistan where most of the staff was competent and professional at work. Learning at GSK is one of the most attractive section to work in GSK.
Pros
No. 1 Mutinational
Cons
As an accountant i think this job requires more teamwork. Preparing, analyzing and filing financial documents often require gathering information from other accountants who are working on the same account. I have to often meet with clients to discuss long-term financial strategies and review financial records. A strong understanding of accounting software have been a fundamental work expectation, because i was likely to spend long hours on my computer using these software programs to enter financial data.
Pros
Office job and supervision
Cons
low salary
Productive and Fun workplace with healthy competition and many growth and learning opportunities. Produces, Markets and Sells innovative, life saving medicines.
3 managers and alone MR Learned how to win the customers Management is performing very well with a lots of reactivities Co-Workers very very helping in nature Nothing hard because i enjoy to meet the hard tasks Every day is enjoyable if you are really honest with your job and as well you have good knowledge and skills
Pros
Enjoye tea with Managers in every weekly meeting
Cons
Totaly heathcare company, Health oriented of patients
GSK is good plate form to explore your ambitions. Nevertheless, I have learnt a lot from you and my colleagues during my work here. It’s really nice to learn a lot of new things which would have not been possible without all your support. Learning new things will definitely add to the knowledge and profile.
Pros
Dignity
Cons
Honesty
Sales and marketing is a field where every day is with surprises and challenges. On daily basis , I learn how to deal people, handle different objections and tackle hurdles. Learning environment motivate every one to participate. Every situation hard if not handled and every situation is filled with fun if treated tactfully.
Cons
short breaks, healthcare
Required travelling across Pakistan conduct product presentations and medical group meetings across pakistan Assist product manager in different assignments
Pros
good place to work
involves development and conduction of product presentations and various comstomer involvng activities
Pros
free lunch
Cons
very far. usualy stuck in trafic
I developed myself in this profession very well and i am satisfy with my job but seeking for the better opportunity to serve my family as good as possible.
Pros
N/a
Cons
N/a
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at GlaxoSmithKline?
It is one of the world largest multinational firm and people here are very professional and skilled in their work. my co workers were very helpful and understanding.
Pros
free lunches and saminars
Cons
long hours at times.
I had a great time at GSK where a number of new initiatives were implemented and were successful
Pros
Progression
Cons
long work hours
A Multinational Pharmaceutical Company with strong culture to learn new skills to satisfy the customers.
Pros
Strong culture
Cons
It was a place where I had a chance to learn new things, I was asked to make new form of reports new type of presentations. I was allowed to make people work as I want them to. My co-workers were very co-operative. The hardest part of job was to reconcile the figures of sales as I was a support to SM so it was my responsibility to provide him accurate figures of sale. The most enjoyable part of this job was indoor board game after lunch.
Pros
Free Lunch
Cons
No fix timing for close of work.
The most typical day was last working day of the week. I have learned alot of work from my seniors. They help me on every stage of my work. Managment is very co-operative. when the new product was launched i think that was the hardest part of the job. Every moment of the job was very enjoyable because without enjoying i think can not do the good job.
A typical day started at 8-9 am with quick check of office emails and phone calls to team members. The day was spent in troubleshooting any previous/new issues with research teams or international global staff. If it was a good day, then it ended successfully with targets met and plans formulated for future targets. Here, I learnt to co-ordinate, liaison with and manage various company staff, customers and team members. Multitasking was another handy skill. Managing 3 to 4 clinical trials was challenging as well as fun. The co-workers were supportive and friendly with an odd difficult one or two. The hardest part of the job was to keep everyone satisfied while keeping the priority of meeting goals on time, in mind. The most fun part of GSK was the weekly or monthly team building exercises carried out by the, always active, HR department.
Pros
Travelling to different countries for business and training
Cons
Contractual job having few growth opportunities
Customer visits 16 per day. handling questions of customers. know the customer need and putting features of products in benefit of customer. very nice colleagues always helping . work/life balance was hardest part of job. meetings at different places the most enjoyable part.
It is the best company to work in Pakistan. I was taking care of Occupational Hygiene of 3 sites of GSK at Karachi.
work distribution, start work, tea time, work, lunch time,work, tea time and off time. work under pressure, document auditing, management of stability department single handedly with other responsibilities. my Manager always guide me and provide me support. All my co-workers were supportive and competitive. To send stability data to Ministry of Health in time. To work on projects other than routine work.
Pros
lunch free, two bonus per year, free transport, medical free including family, provident fund, Graduatee
Cons
daily late sitting
My working with GSK has strengthen my career abilities. It has taught me to give the best even during the pressure hours. It has further polished my communication skills. GSK has taught me that friendly, positive and professional attitude is the key to success. The hardest job was to do multitasking which were included administration, sales analysis, coordination and managing a team of brand ambassadors and merchandisers. It has been fun working with my co-workers. Going out of the way to help my colleagues was my one the biggest strengths. I have thoroughly enjoyed my merchandising manager role, market visits, training to the team.
Pros
Free lunch and free pick and drop
Sales generation is the basic requirement and maintaining the growth year after year. Improve the knowledge of both diaereses and Products (Medicine) Planning every day according to customers and territories . Then execution and post day analysis to improve the next days for more growth. Management is well enough to guide n support us in order to meet both quantitative n qualitative Goals. My team is very helpful n truly professionals as we know what are our goals and how to meet. The hardest part is to engage those potential customers who are well aligned with competitors and not with us. But again my management and coworkers are there to discuss and find best solutions for this under the umbrella of GSK compliance. When plan is well executed and desired results are meet , is more enjoyable. Also different activities within the team and company like dinner or any sports activity make us refresh.
It was nice workplace in terms of learning and development. As far as marketing is concerned, it was great learning as in pharma industry you cannot directly market it to consumers. Marketing in one of the most regulated industries was a great learning. Best part was the clear communication among management and employees. Since it is a pharmaceutical company, it needed attention to details.
Pros
Free lunch
  1. Employee Reviews