International Rescue Committee

International Rescue Committee Employee Reviews

It was good experience with IRC and I learnt a lot during the job tenure.i thing I want to highlight that for next position IRC yet not consider me for other most relevant position s.
I have spent more than 10 years with IRC but always feel that I am standing on soap, because the short terms project always kept me in stress of losing job
Great learning opportunity and team work to improve quality service. Each one was given due chance to use his/her creativity and take responsibility in decision making.
It was a wonderful experience with International Rescue Committee I was working in the project Capacity Building Disaster Risk Resilience Management in Ghotki, Pakistan
I work with IRC for 4 years on different positions in Education in Emergency. Lead a team of 112 members and established tents school for IDPs children
I have a very good working experience with IRC. It is employee friendly organization. Feel encouraged,received recognition letter from IRC President.
Pros
Opportunities to learn and grow
Cons
Working in Project so do not have any opportunity to have interface with IRC Country Office Pakistan
The day of joining was a great day. I was oriented on every unit for the whole day. I learned many things form their management. Every tasks and activity was on time and according to the rules of the organization.
• Supporting the ethics, compliance and accountability coordinator in day to day drafting. • Filling of documents and data collection. • Attended workshops based on gender equality and feminism
I possess 8+ years of professional experience in various fields of education, development, Monitoring & Evaluation, training and administration. I have achieved necessary skills and demonstrated ability to deliver strategy for a large and diverse organization during my last job assignment, while working with variety of partners and stakeholders. I have been recognized as a strong trainer and an administrator who is able to develop individuals in both a direct and indirect reporting relationship. Skilled at learning and applying new information system, resource development and training development, I am very keen to take new responsibilities with high challenges. I am a fast learner and can adapt to new situations.
I enjoyed working at International Rescue Committee it was a great learning opportunity for me and help me in many ways to enhance my personal and professional skills.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Nothing at all
IRC is one of the largest humanitarian organization in Pakistan form the last Thirty-Six years. it's provide a decent job environment to all their employees and the organization providing numerous learning opportunity to their employees.IRC have strong leaderships and diversified team members which making the organization in the highest ranking in the region.
Pros
Nil
Cons
Nil
Feel good to work in such respective and reputable organisation and proud to deliver direct services to the stakeholders ,beneficiaries in systematic way and with accountability approaches.
Pros
free refreshments
Cons
sort breaks
it was really good for me because it was new experience working with IRC so I really learned alot there. I can say that it was my first career that I start. Working with IRC was rally fun and full of experience.
Cons
it works almost in almost all the aspect of life but manly having concern with the humanity and trying to protect the individual rights.it extends it support in the Field of disaster preparedness and management, health, economic and community mobilization etc.
The Organization is very effective and productive on their nature providing diversified opportunities of learning and development to their staff and well managed.
Good Supervisions Good Logistic Overall organization is good but need to focus on benefits and salaries scales. Low Salaries, Slow Processes Finance
Pros
Good Logistic, Cooperative Supervisor
Cons
Low Sallaries, Slow Processes Finasnce
It was good work experience. I worked as PEFSA team member, to build the capacity of the six alliance member INGOs for mainstreaming gender equality in any disaster situation. Besides, I work on the development of the gender strategy for IRC that time.
Pros
A mature organization in Pakistan working for humanarian aspects of human development.
Cons
nothing spoecial
Calligraphy admin paper works Management a nice work place culture nothing was hardest my enjoyable part of the job was my calligraphy that was my points
Overall international rescue committee is good for the learning and job culture. i experience and skills improved over the time with IRC
The job very difficult but I do it with a full flow of work. I don't scared from a difficult job because I have a great experience in the tuff situation and I hope I will do every difficulty job with a full confidence. Thanks
Pros
Lunch
Cons
Healthcare
I have worked with IRC for many years and found there very professional environment. Selection process is very fair and transparent.friendly environment and learnt lot there.
Pros
Only in trainings & orientations
Cons
As usual