KSB Pumps Ltd

KSB Pumps Ltd Employee Reviews for Senior General Manager

Responsible for all decision making and operational matters related to purchasing such as: raw materials, components, traded goods, machinery spares and fixed assets locally and internationally (including but not limited to: European Union, UK, South Africa, Japan, Singapore, Dubai and Canada) - contracting local suppliers and negotiating with new suppliers resulted in substantial cost savings - developed and introduced a purchasing manual, which included steps from review of requisitions, floating inquiries, price negotiation, market surveys and order placement, establishing LCs, follow-up with suppliers, supplier evaluations, supplier audits, etc.
Before starting the work, i used to look at what important things that are planned for the day. Before starting on that i check the emails and prioritise them according to the importance. First of all I dispose off all the importnat emails. Then I concentrate on my work planned for. Since I worked at mangemnent level, I took time for guidance and coahing the sub ordinates under me. The most enjoyable part was to solve the problems. The hardest part was the short time found most of the time. What I don't know how the time fly by so quickly. Enjoyed lot at work and never thought of leaving for any other companies.
Pros
Repsonsibility was very well backed with required authority
Cons
Retirement age was 58 years which I seem to be greatest disadvantage.