Macter International

Macter International Employee Reviews

Pakistan23 reviews
Good company but too much work load. Work load will be manage if production representative share or discussed there production plan or production priority list with Quality Control Department.
I worked as an intern of Sales and Marketing at Macter and I learned EVERYTHING about a professional work environment. The six weeks I spent at Macter were the most productive weeks so far. I went in as a Marketing Intern but came out with the knowledge of all various business functions including SALES, CREATIVE DEPARTMENT, IT DEPARTMENT, HR ETC. It was difficult for me to adjust to the culture though, but I still managed. The age gap between my team members and I was huge and that made my job kind of boring.
Pros
Free lunches, flexible hours
Cons
Culture - boring
Good reputation in the market. Winning position in new product launching. Largest toll manufacturer of mostly multinational. Big portfolio of dosage forms and registrations.
Developing a performance culture within the team is the key to be a successful senior manager. I have learned this by

1. Involving the the team in all kinds of decision making this helps in developing an integrated approach

2. Creating an environment of competition among the team members by assigning them different tasks and sharing their challenges and success stories among all team members

3. Driving the team towards project management by writing down all the milestones so that deadlines are clear and visible to all team members

4. Engaging the one step down employees in order to develop the future managers and giving them confidence to succeed in their career

4. Developing a fun culture by organizing small tasks for example push-up competition / table tennis tournament / public speaking tasks
Pros
Team Development
Cons
Political Culture
One of the biggest National Pharmaceutical company with sustained growth and great working environment. Management is highly professional and cooperative. Learnt a lot.
Communication with field force.
Vendor services management and follow-up.

Self research and development.

Good environment with good people.

New experiences
company has work load but not pressurized by senior staff. environment is relaxed, co operative. Management is friendly and take care of their employees. Work place culture is shariah compliance and more protective and supportive for females. I learned their how to team work, how to deal work load, time management, communication skills. the hardest part was to meet timeline of work. most enjoyable part was positive environment
Pros
free lunch, conveyance, annual increments
Exciting and challenging simultaneously.
Job security guaranteed.

Excellent place for learning

Moving ahead with enormous pace and market leader in some of categories.
Pros
Free Lunch
Cons
Madical policy ambiguity
Journey of my career starts from this company as a quality control analyst, my co worker help me alot in learning process. So i have to improve my all skills ability so i have to learn more from others aswell.
Pros
Free Lunch
Cons
I was forced by the CEO of Macter to join them but I left in 6 months since it was very political environment at job. They had old molecules and dissatisfied customers. Team turnover was above 30% per year.
Pros
Provident Fund
Cons
Jobs with no link to KPIs
Have had good time and got the cooperation and coordination among the staff. Overall was good to work in Macter.

However lacking of facilities hamper work in order.
Pros
Free Lunch
Cons
Short Breaks
At the very early stage of my professional career, I faced difficulties on completing the assigned task.

my job was to do the testing in lab and for that I had to keep stand all the time, that made me tired at the end of the day.

even at initial level i have been assigned a lot of tasks but handled them properly with my own hardworking along with little supports from my colleagues.
Pros
Free lunch, bonus, annual and medical leaves
Cons
Long work hours
Maketer has best marketing planning in the pharma industry, I was looking sales department so i was acheiver, i have 7 sale representative who reported me and more than 2000 clients to whom me and my sales team visited constantly
Pros
selling of products
Cons
health care
Macter International Limited is amongst the leading Pharmaceutical companies in Pakistan. Macter is a public limited company and has a successful 30 years track record in the manufacturing of pharma formulations. The principal activity of the company is to manufacture and market pharmaceutical products. The company enjoys a sterling reputation of quality and is amongst the top 5 manufacturers by volume. Macter has strong corporate governance structure and systems. In view of Macter’s capabilities and growth prospects, International FI’s have recently invested into the company.
Macter International (pvt) Ltd is a leading Pakistani pharmaceutical company which manufactures pharmaceutical products. My duties in this company were the inspection of all stages during the manufacturing and processing of pharmaceutical products(liquid syrup, dry syrup, tablets, injectable and cream & jell) in order to ensure good manufacturing practice(GMP) according to the company standards. Other responsibilities:
• Inspecting the quality of packing material and printed specifications during each batch of production

• Checking the hygiene condition of surrounding area and equipment in the raw materials store.

• Performing the calibration of weight balance and inspecting raw materials weight during dispensing.

• Properly checking the temperature and humidity during the production.

• Carrying out in-process activities during the production by sending samples to laboratory for analysis at set times.

• Checking the quality of water in laboratory by determining its pH and its thermal conductivity before releasing for production activities.

• Keeping a record of all these activities and reporting to Manager in case of any deviation from the company standards.
Pros
free luch
Cons
low salary
Reporting / results of respective tests, do inspections and perform new tests
Doing is learning

Our managers do well.

My colleagues are nice and cooperative.

The hardest part, no time for rest.

The most enjoyable part, knowing new things
Pros
Lunch and conveyance
Cons
Work Extra hours
Macter needs to look, why every employee is in search of a job.

Macter is not able to hold the employees that;s the reason they have a massive employee turn over.
Pros
Free Lunch, Gratuity on gross salary starts from day one
Cons
Environment Health & Safety.
My current employer is a Pharmaceutical company with strength of employees around 2000people all over the country.

Working with this company is quite good because it has good environment and culture but here career growth is very slow and also financial benefits are relatively less. Otherwise company is fine.
Management was awesome and all procedures were as per International Standards
macter international is a good company and in 3rd no in pakistan largest manufacturing company.
i spent a great time here, Got good promotion and tuned up my self as true professional