NCR Employee Reviews

Showing all 2,429 reviews
Currently NCR is working in 200+ countries and his network is very strong. Job secured but social life is distrub nd no career growth. 2009 to till time I am standing on same position.
Good company, inflexible policies and lack of company growth. Very good focus on the customer with new executive leadership.reasonable compensation, though minimal work life balance.
The job is very demanding and little pay. Hardly any advancement. If you do the right work and work hard you are punished for it. Ncr needs to start increasing the pay for people that actually have skill not the ones sitting there bums all day.
The good part about NCR was the pay, gas card, having a company van so you save gas money on your own car and learning about new technology with Retail Stores and ATMS. The Bad is the lack of training a “every man for himself mentality.” The UGLY: You will have to work overtime everyday, if you have a family it will be a challenge spending time with them, the high level of stress to repair/replace equipment from Management, gossiping as verbal abuse from co workers. You will have to work 7 or 8 days straight once every month.
Pros
Pay, Gas Card and getting to travel
Cons
Stress, Verbal abuse, lack of job security
NCR's Aloha system is a feature rich product that has been around since the early days of Windows. The Aloha division has retained many of its employees from its early days as a startup by being a great place to work, with highly motivated teams delivering product improvements and new features. Challenges include dealing with the sheer size of the codebase and determining expected behavior for both existing and new features.
Pros
Great team members
Cons
Locating product information
Es una empresa internacional con una extensa caryera de clientes tiene muchas areas para aprender
A empresa não dá feed Back sobre sua atuação profissional e a comunicação é intimidadora e faz cobranças na presença de outros profissionais.
Pros
Não há
Cons
Falta de comunicação
No recognition for the workload you are under. Management doesn't give recognition if you skip breaks and lunches to get work done, but complains if you took a lunch and something didn't get done. Hard workers are given extra work to make up for others not doing their base job. They then get reprimanded for doing extra work to accommodate the bad workers. The hard workers job is dependent on the bad workers completing some tasks, so the hard workers HAVE to be accommodating so the hard workers can do their job.
Pros
Extra vacation days after accumulating several years at the company.
Cons
Bad or no pay raises, extra workload added continuously without recognition or raises.
Work-life balanceWhen on call u can forget a life and you can forget your senior immediate coworkers wrking towards helping customer. They seemed more butt hurt you put them un their place management turn over very highPay & benefitsNothing figure it out for yourself dnt forget to set alarmJob security and advancementCoworkers dnt wrk equally to one goal seened mine too busy running his own businessManagementCowrkers dont have same goal, serving clientCultureHigh management turn overOverallManagement buried head in sand instead of addressing issues they hope they disappeared! Team didnt have sane overall goal many many many short cuts when servicing clients
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at NCR?
Great company. Miss them since they have shut down the production plant. The atmosphere was pleasant. The work was fair and easy. Management was nice and helpful.
Pros
Easy work. Good schedule
Cons
They closed down the manufacturing plant.
I worked as a remote manager for several years. After many higher up manager changes, it was clear the focus was not on the lower workers. An environment feel of a "good old boys club" meant little room for progression. A lack of faith in the company's immediate structure meant an end of my career there.
Pros
Self governing work-flow (goals oriented)
Cons
Poor management
One of the most cut throat places I have ever worked. No teamwork, constant micro management, it literally got to a point one had to be in a bad mood just to be ready for whatever comes your way. You will be thrown under the bus, you will be sold out. Stay away from this place at all costs.
Pros
Cons
everything i mentikned already
There was a manger shift in my district 3 times from the time of talking to NCR til leaving. Was thrown out to work with no training for 3 months 2 days into the job, never finished the online training. They finally had an opening in training so I had to go even though I was successfully doing the job already. I called ahead to make sure my prescriptions were honored in GA from KS and they said yes. I got down there to training and they won't refill my KS prescriptions a week into a month long training session. I had to go back home and they fired me. Ok. That could maybe expected because I didn't handle it right. The problem is they will lie about the reasoning of firing to make them "feel" more justified. These crooks didn't get me a gas card until 2 months in and I had to pay all expenses, when I turned them in# i was told I waited to long. They said I misused a company credit card to purchase my flight back home, when in fact I purchased the flight on my own dime. Stay away unless you are super desperate is all I can say. They will promise you cisco training also. Don't fall for it. It's the most basic Cisco cert available. It basically makes you "smart hands" for an engineer. Which means you hook up a rollover cable to your laptop and let them remote into your laptop. You don't need a certification to do that and that cert isn't even really known in the industry. I never even heard about it til I came to NCR. Also in training you will hear that the job sucks and they fail to retain people. The instructor in the classroom worked at NCR as a tech, went and worked a full - more...
Pros
Van, tools
Cons
healthcare, company morale, management
El sistema de trabajo es de alta responsabilidad y confianza, contiene un nivel de presión y de precisión desafiante y de satisfacción en los logros alcanzados.El ambiente laboral muy grato ya sea a nivel de personal y de los superiores como también de colaboración e información técnica que favorece mejorar las labores a cargo.
They will let you go for a system that was bugged and you had no power to fix it cause it was there fault that they had the problem instead of cixing it they want you to
Pros
Cons
people you work with
no work life balance, always on call, a lot of traveling if you like that. The system they use to grade you on your performance doesn't make any sense
Pros
they compensate you $50 dollar for internet. they provide you with a company vehicle, gas card
Cons
no work life balance, stupid performance grading system. no room for advancement or pay increase.
Love working there 5 years until they employed a new Service Manager who spoke to the techs very rudely and flaunted his black belt in karate as a tool to intimidate, otherwise i love the job and my fellow techs there.But that's life and i've gone on to bigger and better thingsWould have given 5 stars for everything if they kept the previous manager on,
Pros
Varied work sites
Cons
Bad Manager
Working for this very large company has its benefits and drawbacks. Opportunity for advancement depends on the line of business you are in, some have better than others. Overall it's a good company to work for.
Pros
Work/Life Balance, Good Insurance
Cons
Communication isn't always great
For quick money, this is a good job... No work-life growth... No knowledge gain.... Adequate transport and food facilities... 2 shift working pattern.. general shift also available...
Pros
Good food and sufficient break timings, AC working atmosphere, Relaxed work environment, stress free job activities
Cons
No life growth or knowledge gain
I enjoyed working here. We had a great team of coworkers that made the job fun every day. Management was supportive and encouraged career advancement. The hardest part of the job was security, teams would often be laid off.
Pros
team environment, compensation
Cons
job security
You start working at NCR and your job description can change daily. Company's and Institutions being serviced come on and go off the list constantly. And they all have different credentials for you to meet their contract expectations. One company might require a response time as short as 2 hours, one might be days. You are expected to know the in's and out's of dozens of companies equipment which is all different. The number of parts you are given is good and bad. You may have the parts for some but not for others. You might go to one customer daily, you might not go to a different customer for a year+ but you are expected to be an expert on it ALL. And then how you are ran as a statistic is crazy.
Pros
Company vehicle with fuel card.
Cons
No breaks, work lunch in (maybe).
  1. Employee Reviews