NIKE

Portland, OR171 reviews

Found 171 reviews matching the searchSee all 10,845 reviews
discountshoeathleteretailconsumerproductapparelstore

Fun and rewarding place

Fun to be part of a large company that still cares about their customer. Always something new going on, a new product or tech to learn about, a new initiative to focus on, etc. Most coworkers seem on board to improve and advance, but not at the expense of each other which was great.

Can be fun but also can be stressful and frustrating

The fun part of the job is that you get to meet cool people (employees, celebrities, NBA Athletes… But you have to deal with not getting Enough pay for the work that you are doing. Also the way to move up is basically over look that bad stuff and get alot of memberships.

Great work life balance

Good work life balance and good progression in the career if you are passionate enough. No micro management. Pay can be little stiff but overall it’s a great experience

Nike has changed for the worse fueling less inspiration, innovation and strong sense of culture & collaboration.

Not a place to be right now.The pendulum swings so extremely too often and Nike has lost its focus of sport. Bad for the consumer and bad for the culture. True and authentic leadership is no more...for now.

work can be redundant

good people, not all that meaningful work. too many people doing the same thing and hard to get ideas approved due to the amount of people that it needs to be checked by

Great brand & company culture but filled with terrible leadership across the organization.

Very Portland centric with lack of diverse talent or good leadership. Feels like everyone who doesn't leave Nike (because they aren't marketable at any good company) keep getting promoted to higher leadership roles. Definitely lacks the capabilities to identify, develop or attract good leadership. CEO should really look at cleaning house top to bottom and not rely on his LT to be his point of reference.

Pros

Amazing brand and fun company culture.

Cons

Crawling with bad leaders, Pay inequalities but not by gender or race, just have to be liked & friends with the right leader, Extremely dysfunctional, Disappointing corporate culture

Fun work environment with great colleagues

Fun, diverse, inclusive work environment with great colleagues. Advancement opportunities are rather narrow. Management varies on team but overall, satisfied.

Good culture/ no growth opportunities

Great work/life balance. Really lovely people. Hard to get headcount on understaffed teams. Lack of diversity. Very hard to advance especially if your position is niche.

Pros

Nice Campus. Work from home flexibility. travel

Cons

growth potential.

Support diversity efforts

Great at supporting diversity, equity and inclusion. They have great pto, maternity and take care of you when traveling. Opportunities to try new roles and do stretch assignments. Flexible work hours.

Pros

Fun place to work

Cons

Low pay depending on title

Nice

It’s pretty fun to work with! It’s the best for me to learn new opportunities to work with various of departments. I believe that I have a lot to contribute to a team environment; I love to help resolve group issues through research and communication. For example, during planning for a major event, our team struggled to decide how to set up the room. Rather than getting into an argument about personal preferences, I did some research using event planning industry trade publications to find information on the best room set up for customer experience for our type of event.

Pros

Free lunch

Cons

Short break

Productive fun place to work

Working with the company was the best I wished to pull further through with the company more years in the future I will. The work environment is phenomenal management down to supervision are high excellence they care about you safety is key with the company caring about your workers is key with Nike it’s another home for you and that’s how my experience working in Nike AirMi was about

Pros

Free lunches

Cons

Short breaks long working hours

Fun experience

Loved working here! Great environment! I felt like everyone was working together to get the job done! The hours went by fairly quickly and the perks were worth it

Pros

Benefits!

Cons

Short breaks

good

Fun, engaging workplace. good coworkers, management was helpful and supportive. generous benefits and work from home capability. No real complaints to report

fun job. good experience

it is a retail position that allows for people to gain critical experience with customer service and sales. Great oppurtunity for part time while attendig university. moving up and advancing with company can be difficult and very competetive. pay is bad.

Pros

easy

Cons

no pay

cashier

good place to work at. nice people nice managementpay was okay I wish they valued employees morebenefits okay and time offmanagement was very good to staff

Analyst

Great company to work for. Offers great benefits. Employee discounts on a lot of merchandise. Be prepared to meet deadlines on time. Casual Nike outfit to work! Who doesn't like that! Cannot complain about the company.

Amazing Company but can be limiting in job scope

An amazing company but being so large the scope of most jobs are very narrow. Pay is so-so but the benefits and corporate campus/environment and events are amazing!

Pros

WHQ is an amazing environment to work

Cons

can feel like a small cog in a massive machine

I feel it a good place for job security but not growth.

I enjoy my job. It pays pretty well for the tasks I have to perform. It is very flexible and a lot of good people working here. However the job culture and management could use some help. I feel like they don’t really care to help grow those that are employed as much as they care of just keeping the company going and growing.

Fun environment depending on who you work with.

Typical days revolved around being knowledgeable about current products and events. Culture was extremely fun, made a lot of close friends from my time there. Most enjoyable part of the job was being able to work with the people there.

Productive and fun working place learned a lot from the values and principles the company which will be useful for the years to come

Very enthusiastic and hard working love to work with team and achieve the desired target and give the best to be a revenue generator for the company and always try to give the best and without creating any enemity with co workers and maintain a healthy relationship with managers and come to office on time and exit on time and try to be honest as much as possible.

Fun at work place

I have learned lot of new things. Managers and colleagues are very friendly. I have learned lot new environments. The culture of work is good. Management is supportive.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at NIKE. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.8 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits
  • NIKE
  • Portland, OR
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?