NIKE

NIKE Employee Reviews for Athlete

Athlete446 reviews

Found 446 reviews matching the searchSee all 10,838 reviews

Fun workplace

the starting pay is great. the management is great. I truly felt like I was apart of a family working at Nike! This was my first retail job. It’s a very easy going job!

Pros

Very friendly and compassionate management. great discount

Cons

Can’t get overtime.

Stressful

Too much stress to handle and pressure of KPI. Back of the house people are always in stress with deliveries. Payment is not same for all. Management is not supportive also.

This is a very good place to work. The discount are great and the management team is like no other. You can say if perform for anyone wanting to work in retail

Terrible Management/Do not care about employees at all

Very self centered management who would treat employees like trash and never be willing to work with us if we had personal things going on. Made you feel terrible for going through life. Did not care about mental health at all.

I love it here

Awesome environment . Company really cares about their employees . The benefits are great but my favorite part are my co workers . The coworkers really can make or break your experience

Great place overall

I would say that overall this place is so great to work at personally I love it here and would recommend this to anybody this job is such a great place to be

Fun workplace, long hours

Its a fun and encouraging environment, great pay, but the hours are long and sometimes the job gets boring. Managers push for sign-ups but they’re usually hard to get

Fun and engaging work environment

Working at Nike really brought me out of my shell. I learned to engage in conversation with others, I made so many new friends, the pay was fair, and the management team was fantastic. They always made sure I felt appreciated and supported. I really enjoyed working for this company.

Great workplace, Unprofessional at times

Very good work place and extremely open and friendly coworkers. Managers are all very supportive and flexible. Lacks professional in the work place and often feels like you’re out casually instead of working. Management isn’t strict enough at time for situations that need a more steady hand, lets staff influence decisions too much. Aside from that very good workplace, busy days keep you very busy, everybody is extremely nice and being around the Nike culture is a unique experience. Product knowledge is a huge part of working there and is an amazing benefit is you enjoy sneaker and athletic wear culture. Always supportive and understanding in tough situations and doesn’t harshly judge personal hardships like other companies. Overall I would recommend as it is very good for a retail job and offers lots of opportunities to grow as an individual.

Pros

Great staff, Understanding management, Great brand empowerment

Cons

Workplace ends up getting unprofessional too much at times, Gossip is rampant, Hard to get any raises

Decent

Decent enough but the spirit is lacking. Could definitely use a bit more enthusiastic energy throughout the building. Other than that, there are no complaints.

Productive/Face Paced

A typical day at work involves assisting customers on a regular timed basis. Being able to get along with staff and being able to adapt to fast paced environment. Management is adamant on boosting sales to achieve daily target.The challenging part of the job is that you are always on your feet and on the go, with excepts to your downtime (lunch break).The most enjoyable part of the job is employee discounts and building meaningful relationships with customers as well as your co workers.

They Pick Favorites

Ok if you are attached at the hip with management, otherwise, they are quick to dispose of you. Some managers get it and are encouraging, but others watch you every second of your shift.

Awesome Place to work for

Super fun with a lot of support from managers and colleagues.Management always supportive and take your wellbeing into consideration first.Amazing discount on NIKE and Converse.

It's a fun experience, good management, great coworkers. The pay is also very good and plenty of chance to advance if you want. Not like other retail jobs.

Chill environment

Pay is not the best but the working conditions and environment is very good. They are very flexible with your schedule and care about you as a person.

Cool job overall

Worked as an athlete. Job wasn't too hard. Sometimes it could be disorganized and fast paced. Overall its a good job for college grads or part time. No flexibility in scheduling as far as full time.

Pros

Hour Break, Pay

Cons

Disorganized.

Best place to work

Best place to work, Delighted to get to work there, lovely management and great staff i really enjoyed working at nike. There’s anything bad on my experience working at nike

Fun place to work. Can be competitive

Great place to work but can be a bit competitive sometimes. Great discount but the pay could be better. Employees are very friendly and help each other out. Management could be better

Pros

Discount

Cons

Pay

Relaxed but messy

It’s high school , people click up including management, they play favorites, there’s no overtime, no room for advancement if your not a favorite. People get away with not pulling there fair share of work .

Pros

Pay rate, hr, benefits

Encouraging

Nike was great! Had a very supportive management and very flexible. They’re really about mental health and always made sure I was good! Even on my worse days they were there to pick me up!

Fun place to work

I enjoyed working at Nike even though I didn’t have any retail experience. Coo workers were fun to work with. Only negative is some managers gave some employees special treatment or let them do certain things other employees couldn’t. Over all it was a great place to work.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at NIKE. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.8 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits
  • NIKE
  • Athlete
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?