NIKE

NIKE Employee Reviews for Retail Sales Associate

Retail Sales Associate707 reviews

Found 707 reviews matching the searchSee all 10,845 reviews

College

Good summer job- that's about it. Don't think too hard about what others think. Go in, get your job done, and leave it at that. Find the coworkers and managers that make your life easy

Toxic Work Environment

This is like being in middle school. There is constant drama and the main manager is hardly EVER there. Management is constantly changing and there is no sense of stability in the workplace. Certain employees are targeted more than others. It is so hard to request time off due to them not wanting to give the days off that by the time I quit, I got paid out almost 100 hours of PTO that I was not able to use when I was there. Also, you’re constantly training new people because most people end up leaving (you’re lucky if anyone stays a year at most).

It's cool decent pay

Theres different positions you can do so you don't do the same task every shift. You get an hour break so that's cool. And they provide a lot of hours.

Fun and busy

Nike is a job that will keep you busy with customers coming in ALL day long. Fun environment and coworkers plus great Nike benefits. Can make a career of it if you stick with the program.

Pros

Nike benefits

Cons

Must have good numbers…or less.

Nice group of people to work with

Usually all the employees and management are very friendly and set you up for success. If you love Nike as a brand you will 100% love working for them as well. However there seems to quite often be a miscommunication between different levels of management and then with management and employees as well and that might be the only bad thing about it.

Pros

Working in sports clothes, decent discounts, friendly environment.

Cons

The shoplifting policies, could provide better discounts for higher end stuff, sometimes connections become too important.

Boring, and bad management

The management was bad, and it wasn't that fun. You would think it would but it really is not. I would not recommend this to anyone unless they love working horrible hours.

Pros

Cool people

Cons

Everything else

Sales Associate

Don't let the name fool you its a regular retail 9-5 Job that rather have young Employees & managers that's in there 30 & 40 still act like their in high school. Honestly the only good perks is Employees get 30% discount on purchase

Pros

You get 30% off your purchase, You get a 15 min break with 1hr lunch

Cons

Management doesn't care about employees too much, Its retail job that makes you harass customer to sign up for Nike memberships all day

The Good And The Bad

There’s definitely a lot more Pros than Cons most definitely, the few cons would be just more of work hours and balancing it with your everyday life. Sometimes you can expect to get absurd hours and work nonstop crazily, as for me being a seasonal I didn’t expect a absolute crazy ton but I got it, I loved my job, yet at the same time it could get mentally exhausting. The pros are the workers, the management, the pay & benefits. Everything about working at Nike I loved and enjoyed, I felt welcomed into the family from the start and you meet alot of good and amazing people there that make you want to come to work.

the management sucks. It’s very bias. If your not willing to kiss a lil tale while your in there then don’t go lol but it’s a good place to work I just advise you to stay to yourself while working there. I was a seasonal employee and they never told me my seasonal days were coming to an end they just don’t scheduling me. I had to call myself to get confirmation even then I never got an thank you for all of my hard work. They show a lot of favoritism to specific employees.

Fun work place

Great place to work and meet new people. Management was friendly and helpful, Nike had a lot of room to grow and advance Your career. Work environment felt like a big family all striving for the same goal on a daily basis.

Do these reviews help you learn more about working at NIKE?

Amazing and fun

Everyone was super friendly. Great place to grow. Management does a lot of challenges so the shift is never boring. They are also really good at showing appreciation to you when they see you working hard.

Decent Part Time job

-Management is questionable.-A lot of favoritism with employees-Kinda hard balancing a job and school-Do not expect a raise-You will be overworked during the shift

Awful place to work

I spent several years working for this company. Not only was I severely underpaid for a billion dollar corporation, my managers did not care about my success as an employee. Any serious concerns you have about harassment are not given much attention. Unprofessional topics were brought up with athletes in huddles. It is next to impossible to be fired by Nike so instead of firing you they will continuously call you into the office for “feedback”. You are severely overworked and underpaid. The only benefit to working there was PTO and occasionally free food. The discount is not worth it. Work for a business that values your time and energy and avoid this store at all costs.

Pros

Free food, Pto, hour lunch break

Cons

No benefits, abusive staff, low pay

Retail

It's retail, so whatever you expect working in retail is it's exactly that. Nike however does have fun events to attend. Don't expect a great work-life balance, and whoever your management team is will really determine your like/dislike working there.

Pros

discounts

Cons

horrible work-life balance, not a lot of room for growth

It really is the best starter job it’s just some managers make going to work hard. Full time and part time employees basically get the same benefits..

Coaches

Head coach and coaches doesn’t base a good employee off their work ethic and commitment to getting things done. Rather more for personal reasons. Unfair and bias when certain people have to get written up.

Fun experience

Fun environment and a diverse workforce. I loved working here through college with a great mix of people from different backgrounds. The discount was really nice too!

Fun place to work but location had management issues

Company itself is an amazing place to work but some locations have bad staffing choices. Management at my location was unfair at time of employment and expected more than was justifiable. I worked at another location and had zero complaints and loved every second of it.

Overall

i was hired as seasonal, when I was brought on I had the understanding that I had 4 months of seasonal. Not I had till whenever seasonal ended from the point I was hired till then. Management was horrible, huge communication issue. I had 1 great manager though I wish them well. Surveys and members was drilled into our heads from the moment our shift started to the end. Super toxic and really negative environment. No desire to be a team or bond like we were one. Long days and extremely heavy traffic or completely dead. Hours were cut and as seasonal I was promised 40 no matter what and my hours were cut as well even though I was told they would not be. I applied for part time sometime before seasonal ended and I was told I would hear back in a couple of days. It took a month for the rejection email to come through. That was the only way I knew I didn’t have a job anymore.

Pros

200 staff dress, $15 pay 10-12 hour shifts hour lunches and 2 15’s

Cons

Bad management, toxic, negative, unwelcoming.

Good for PT or Manager

Overall good experience, pay is low but good expensive benefits, good stock program. People there were cool. Good entry level sales position, weekends are a must

Amazing company

I absolutely loved working at Nike . The company as a whole takes great care of their employees . You get to move up in the company . The managers are wonderful and are willing to help always .

Pros

It’s like a big family, free food randomly, great discounts

Cons

No set schedule

Ask a question about working or interviewing at NIKE. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.8 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits
  • NIKE
  • Retail Sales Associate
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?