Oxfam

Oxfam Employee Reviews

Pakistan16 reviews
Beside the staff was cooperative one I have every find in any organisation , moreover it was initial stage from where I started working as a team leader
Great . Simply best organization after UN. I enjoyed working with oxfam in my tenure. I have been very much satisfied with my line manager who always have supported me and guided me.
I have started development sector career with this organisation and learned a lot from this.

Oxfam GB have very good internal control systems for managing their funds like online People soft software that is link with Programme,Funding and finance unit.
Totally satisfied with Oxfam-GB International. Oxfam team is always ready to help me when ever i felt some issue or problem occur in my 1 year experiences . totally helpful team and management..
I had a very good balanced experience working at Oxfam GB. They very well preserve the Gender rights. At overall implementation level of their objective they are very focused.
Made new friends and enjoyed a lot working in a family like settings. Remuneration package is good as well as working environment is friendly. There are a lot of opportunities for new learning.
Oxfam provides a great environment to work even in complex situation. friendly management encourages and appreciate employees and this help in retaining staff for project life
The office environment is friendly and like a family working together for same task.
Lots of opportunities for work improvement.

Ample time spent on planning and design stage of project development.
Pros
Experts are available for guidance
Documentation and community empowerment

deliverable session on different topics

like health and hygiene EFSL

different formate

training on different topics
Pros
lunch
Cons
short
OXFAM GB is a best place for learning and exposure personal skills.
Overall a friendly environment for everyone.

Have a good pay scale for staff with extra allowances.
Pros
Free tea and refreshments
Cons
Health care, Insurance
Satisfactory in term of job objectives. I missed my team and my station where I spent my golden tenure. i learned much more from my line managers and seniors,
Pros
Better benefits for team workers here
Cons
short contracts
When disaster strikes, we are there. We help people caught up in natural disasters and conflict. We typically provide clean water, food and sanitation in disaster zones. As far as we can, we strive to ensure that civilians are protected too. We also seek to reduce the risk to poor people of future disasters by continuing to work with them long after the immediate crisis is over.
Pros
Best Social Support Organization in a World
Cons
I love the culture & management philosophy of the company. The professionalism, cultural diversity & team work is the identity of our company.
I enter my office at 9:00 am and mark my attendance, Then i go to my room and say good morning to my other team members. We are 06 team members including my line manager. My other colleagues are having programmatic background and i am only finance person.

I open my task list and start my work according to schedule.

I check my inbox and reply urgent e mails. I participate in weekly team meeting as per schedule.I discuss my issues with my manager and take his/her feedback. I do advise to other team members on matters where my input is needed.

From 1:00 pm to 2:00 pm, i do lunch break and do some chit chat with other office colleagues.

Then i come back to my work and at 4:30 I look at my task list and update it. At 5:00 pm, i leave the office and say good evening to my colleagues.
Too much politics, only those survive who really knows to keep boss happy. Staff well being was good. Monitoring of development IPs needs further strengthening.
Pros
Need strong teams
Cons
staff well being was great
where i worked the environment was very silent, peaceful, and comfortable, all the staff are very much coordinate, and have a hard worker colleague, my time was spent with them a good friend and like a family member.
Pros
nil
Cons
nil