Oxford University Press

Oxford University Press Employee Reviews

I have very experience in Oup. I worked there app 12 years and as per my technical field and education. I got good platform to perform and hard work. Oup consider the hard working and reward the work.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Short break, health care envirement
A wonderful place to work and learn new ideas and skills. They invest in people and get results.Lots of professional training opportunities are also available there.
Pros
High Salary, gratuity, provident fund, cash rewards, international trips
Cons
Office politics
Very demoralizing corporate culture which thrives on mediocrity and maintaining the status quo. They do not invest in the L&D and growth of employees. The Marketing head is highly incompetent and tyrannical and no one should consider working in that department.
Pros
Health insurance, Lfa, medical allowance, yearly bonus
Cons
Overall low salary structure
I worked for Oxford University Press, mainly in the support side. I felt comfortable at work while working with the company but soon realized that only the sales department had the privilege.
The place is managed by the most incompetent, unprofessional management. The staff is fantastic but feels extremely suffocated by the management. Not a place I would want to work in again.
I have been to Oxford university press for my internship. I was surrounded by skillful and expert people. I learned alot from Oxford. In future, I am looking forward to it.
A Company is well organized as well following international health and safety policy along with employees benefits and compensations. Company is providing free Lunch for all over the employees at head office as well as free pick and drop.
Best colleagues to work with. Best company to work in publishing sector. There is just one problem that the growth factor is limited here so you will have to be really good to get to the top
Overall more than an average organization but the salary is very much low as compare to the market. compensation and benefits are good medical is 100 percent for spouse & parents as well.
About OUP i can say that im really enjoying my time here. The knowledge, Experience, Customer dealing & official life that i learn here that was really Awesome.
Its been nearly 1.5 years working for OUP, so far been a learning and growing experience. People very professional, though coupled with challenges but still very caring towards employees, policies and processes are cumbersome, systems are in improvement stage still, but overall a good caring and growing organization. Benefits offered to employees are absolutely par with any Multinational in Pakistan, performance requirements are rigorous but are realistic and challenging that keep people motivated. For long term, career oriented people would get bored if they are not given enough opportunities for diversification and challenging projects, so far management is working to abreast with a good working culture, open and transparent at all levels.
Pros
Fantastic lunch at Head Office, careful towards health and safety of all employees, good perquisites and benefits.
Cons
Contract workers at lower levels seems unhappier, unique industry so less multinational players to compete at right hand.
Perfect Organisation to work with on long term basis as it provide complete job satisfaction with good work and life balance . The people and atmosphere is friendly.
Best Place for work with very strong history in education. OUP Pakistan is committed to the dissemination of knowledge and publishes works that further scholarship and education. OUP Pakistan’s publishing operations fall into four distinct areas: school texts and library, higher education, academic, and lexical and general reference.
my time at Oxford University Press (OUP) was a short one as I was an internee there but it was a very productive one. The atmosphere was an encouraging one and I learned a lot there. People there were as I said very encouraging and helpful and I did not find anything tough there.
Book publishing and then promoting them. It was a great experience. Especially those seemingly difficult assignments and my easy winning. The book publishing market at that time was a bit old fashioned technology wise.
It was wonderful experience to cope with different ways.Oxford University Press publish different kinds of books for different schools in Lahore and around the Pakistan.
With this organization I am at ease while working. Environment is healthy for working, suitable for mental and physical health. This is a task related job. Work is appreciated here. Work pressure is a part of job but working with Oxford University Press Pakistan is fine.
Oxford University Press lies in one of the best companies in Pakistan they have advance management system that helps employees a lot with excellent work environment.
Oxford University Press Pakistan having a good working environment. Good Management Great Team work between departments
Learning environment with supporting staff, I enjoy working with OUP due to its friendly environment and supportive staff, co workers and very caring and they like to help and work all togather
Pros
Friendly Environment
Cons
Tough timings during session
Perfect place to learn and grow simultaneously. Cooperative and empowering management that always encourages innovation and team work.
Pros
exposure and learning