PAKISTAN TELECOMMUNICATION COMPANY LIMITED

PAKISTAN TELECOMMUNICATION COMPANY LIMITED Employee Reviews for Senior Engineer

Senior Engineer4 reviews
Pakistan4 reviews

Enjoy on Job

Good platform for learners being a big Telecom Organization in Pakistan but after privatization the regular employees are not encouraged in financial and promotion benefits.

Working environment enjoyable

My bosses are trusted on my abilities that much that I feel that Iam a boss of myself.It does not mean that they do nothing infect in past I have proved my self and showed ownership to network , Igot best performer last year in my south zone . Co workers are very friendly Hardest part is that it is a maintenance job round the clock .cable cutting has no calendar.I have to take care of it as a single cut make thousand of Gbit data communication on protection link. Even at midnight and early at 4 am I moved to sites to join hand with engineers under my domain. It disturb social life but now I am loving it. the technology which we are using is updated same as in UK CHINA or USA whole country network data comm is depend upon my performance

Pros

technology updated same as in UK CHINA or USA

Cons

to be attentive 24/7 though it is not insisted by company but it is job requirement

learning & decisive environment

Its a great work environment where you can groom yourself & can contribute affectively in your company having a good dcisive power with great opinions.

Summary of my work experience at PTCL

I have served PTCL for about 16 years. It can be seen from my resume that I have had great opportunities to work on various projects in last 16-years with PTCL, which involved operation and maintenance of various types of exchanges and their media, optical fiber, digital radio system (DRS) and outside plants. I had hands-on experience with different switching equipment including: equipment and modules of EWSD Switch (Siemens); local switch and transit exchange (Alcatel); Signaling Transfer Point (STP) (Tekelec); C5 NGN soft switch (ZTE) and C5 NGN soft switch (Huawei). In that period, I got various skills based local/international trainings starting from one-year extensive apprenticeship provided by PTCL on data communication, signaling, outside plant, digital radio system (DRS), optical fiber, power plant, pulse code modulation (PCM), satellite, etc. In 1999, China introduced ZXJ-10 switch in PTCL and I was given an opportunity for two months training in Islamabad and Shenzhen. Similarly, in 2008, I received training from Shanghai, China, on Signaling Transfer Point (STP), a Tekelec product. Further to this, I got training on SAP Implementation on switching network, C5 NGN soft switches of ZTE and Huawei, and RAFM signaling and monitoring project to monitor the traffic on PTCL signaling links. In 2011, I received CCNA training, where I learned how to effectively deal with the new generation switches and IP base traffic. More recently, in January 2013, I participated in a training program on PMP (Project Management) to get the knowledge for effectively and efficiently -

Pros

Job security

Cons

Long working hrs

Do these reviews help you learn more about working at PAKISTAN TELECOMMUNICATION COMPANY LIMITED?

Ask a question about working or interviewing at PAKISTAN TELECOMMUNICATION COMPANY LIMITED. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.2 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits