Platinum Communications

Platinum Communications Employee Reviews

Fun work place with many small breaks.

It was an 8 hour job, main job was lead sourcing and cold calling potential clients. They are different from a call center and many small breaks are also given. Enjoyable part of the job was motivational lectures every Monday by the senior sales director.

Pros

free tea

Cons

pay scale

I really enjoyed working for Platinum Communications . The work culture was awesome, and thats what i look for as well.

To be honest I really enjoyed working at Platinum Communications. Before they were bought out by Xplornet. In this industry the big fish eat the little fish.

Temp job at college

Rinse and repeat work. Guys that ran the company were understanding and relaxed. Great pay for area. They did jobs all over the state. Would recommend them as they were professional

nice people

it was my first job in Pakistan and i was quite excited as well but everyone was nice and it was really very good time which i spend over there. i am still in contact with few of my colleagues.

Pros

free tea, biscuits, nimko and lot more

Cons

1hour break

A great deal for the Fresh Graduate

It provides a great deal of opportunities for the fresh graduate to learn hand in works about the concept and the basic of the telecommunication platform.

Pros

Relaxing Working Hours, non-hierarchical management

Cons

Salary Structure

They were a terrible organization

they were a terrible company to work for. the management couldnt have cared less about their employees and were out to just rip off their clientele. Awful organization and thats why they are no longer in business.

Pros

Cons

Everything is a CON with this company

Moderate Work Environment

Good people around. Lots to learn from the higher authorities. Everyone is fun loving and out going. Very good remuneration policy. Strict about office timimng.

Agency with a buisness approach

teaches you to be independent and work with crazy deadlines. Objective here is always to deliver the numbers in a competitive environment. a good supporting team to help you achieve your goals.

An exciting opportunity

I was hired to work at kiosks and also in the Wynyard flagship store (which I spent most of my time in). A typical day at work involved opening the store, ordering stock, sales, cleaning and merchandising, going to the bank and finishing with counting the float and closing up. I learned to work independently, I improved my sales skills and accomplished targets each day.

Pros

Working at the flagship Wynyard store independently

Cons

Good environment with supporting management

I enjoy working over here. I have learned a lot from this company and still learning. I am looking for more better opportunity to prove myself.

Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Platinum Communications?

Fast moving work environment

Fast moving work environment!!! Always on the road and always meeting new customers. Platinum communications offers excellent sales support, along with professional attitudes.

there is much encouragement to drive for more

A typical day would involve coming into work early to set up for the day. Emails and daily morning briefing is checked on the computer and constant communication with managers is kept. During the day selling and up selling is pushed, upkeep of the shop is maintained, a copy of the order form is kept open to add to it constantly as we go so that it is ready to sent weekly. However sometimes this does not always happen so learning familiarity with the products means I can effectively compose an order form for the supplier. Orders are followed up for customers that are looking for a specific product or that have products on hold. Customer complaints are dealt with by myself however rarely they must be handled by my supervisor. Management are trusting with me so left me on my own often. However if needed they are always contactable. They were very supportive and always a good example. Co workers were very competent with their jobs, friendly and approachable to customers. If anything was needed they were always ready to help. The hardest part of the job was dealing with customer complaints however dealing with these each time and having a helpful attitude made it easier. The most enjoyable part of the job would be having a good day of sales and always driving to do better then before.

Fun place to work with

A typical work in this company is dealing with the clients and inventory control. Management is very experienced in their own field of work. Working for this company was fun as this was a job of minimal supervision so, I have to be more self dependent and accurate in my line of work.

A job that became a family

I was hired as an office manager, replacing and doing the work of two former employees. I was shown a small office and told if I could clean it up it was mine. Three walls of the room were stacked with mixed filing, almost waist high. I ordered file cabinets, filed each document one by one after addressing any issues to resolution, moved my desk in and continued organizing paperwork, monitoring office supplies, fedex charges, credit card charges, etc. I resolved payables issues and equipment leases.. I researched and recommended better health insurance for the company and handled payroll for 12 employees which included 401K contributions. I reported quarterly and annual payroll taxes. The most memorable day was at lunch one day. We were celebrating the owner's birthday and received a phone call from one of our programmers from Paris, France while on vacation. The demise of the company was directly related to 9-11. We were a family and found it difficult at each down-sizing until we were no longer. Through the years, we managed to stay in touch. Hard work, daily challenges, teamwork, humor and prayer got us through every day.

Pros

Great group of co-workers that became family

Cons

Excellent company to work for

During my time with Platinum i progressed from Sales assistant to Store manager, the training i got was fantastic. The people who i worked with were very friendly & helpful. From delivery drivers to HR

Incompetent Executives, Excellent Product - Rural Alberta

A typical day was taking requests and orders over the phone for Rural installations of Satellite High Speed Internet services in Rural Alberta. There was constant need to change installation timelines and map on a grid per region due to shortages of equipment for installers - not enough $$ to pay for the equipment. Management/executives did not plan for increased demand and have enough cash flow to meet client needs.

Pros

Excellent Produict

Cons

Lack of proper planning by Execs.

not the position I was afters

I was after a more challenging job however this job was not for me.

Dish Network

Ordering parts and getting parts to technicians to install. Management was good. Coworkers were very nice keeping up stock for techs with amount of money allotted, Good Pay

Vibrant atmosphere

Open the store at 9, general cleaning, stock control and customer service. Mostly learnt how to change from a customer service advisor to more of a sales role. The company was a based around a young management team oldest employee being 36, close knit team. Enjoyable part of the job was helping people on a daily basis with their needs of what they wanted and to educate the customers what was available to them. Hardest part of a day was when we had quiet days we refer to as challenging days, trying to push to get to the target, but generally made the day more exciting as you had to change your routine around to ensure target was met.

Pros

Choose own roster

Cons

No overtime pay

great work, but company not honest enough.

company needs more integrity and they need to be able to provide employess a more secure and effecient way of explanations of why and where the deductions they take go.

Pros

great time after jobs are finished.

Cons

they give you less work to punish you, and they deduct money without letting you know.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Platinum Communications. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.7 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits