RBS Employee Reviews in Jersey City, NJ

You’re seeing reviews in Jersey City, NJ based on your current location
Not your desired location?
Choose a different one
Jersey City, NJ10 reviews
Worked there for under a year, but was able to learn a lot. The manager encouraged us to learn and to question things. They have a friendly work environment, and it was an overall good experience.
Pros
lots of OT
Cons
They were not hiring for permanent positions at the time
Once a major player in the global banking markets. Now a shell of what it once was due to regulatory pressures and government bail out restrictions. Has made slow progress to recover and is more of a UK focused bank than global bank now
This company environment boosted my confidence. We had a wonderful time working together and more importantly I learnt a lot during my tenure at this company
I began working at ING and rolled over into ABN and then fortunately rolled over to RBS. Very proud times since I was not laid off through all the acquisitions. If you work hard, you will recognized for it.
When I was hired, the bank was going through a merger. So after the stock market crash, they decided to transfer most of their jobs to Connecticut and Rhode Island. The moral was certainly grim considering that people were losing their jobs and others that survived the first round of cuts were only paranoid about the next one.
Great company to work if your into lots of activity to fill up your day.

Many complex issues arise and immediate action / support is required to tackle such issues.
Pros
Suana
Cons
Location in Stamford, Ct
Company does not appreciate the work an employee does. Pretty much, we are expendable.
This was a positive work experience. I learned all about event planning and other practical tools.
Pros
Great hours, great vacation time.
Cons
Commuting
I worked for Royal Bank Of Scotland (Formerly Abn Amro Bank) for over 10 years. I started on a Junior level working as a money transfer clerk and moved up in the years that I was there.

When my tenure ended at RBS I was operating as a manager of the Quality Assurance Department for the Investigations and Compensation department.

My typical day will start with checking and releasing jobs that were processed overnight by the night staff.

Managementt and the workers were like a close nit family, everyone got along well and was always ready to lend a helping hand in team work.

The hardest part of the job was when we had system problems, then everything gets delayed and our process was to try to avoid incurring any additional fees for the bank.

The most enjoyable part of the job was our christmas parties and yearly bonuses.
Pros
bonuses
Cons
not enough room for advancement
Good people, good work-life balance but senior management lacks leadership and clear direction.
Pros
people
Cons
management