Roadmaster Drivers School

Roadmaster Drivers School Employee Reviews

Great work environment

As a recruiter I loved Roadmaster, the admission managers was really helpful and the position has great earning potential. Just be willing to work hard and you will be fine.

Pros

Great work environment Good pay Good benefits and paid time off

Cons

Work load can be heavy sometimes Must be able to adapt to changes easily

Great place to teach and meet new people

Look for a good retirement job after your done putting in your time over the road this is the place for you but for someone who has kids and need good insurance you can work here but you pay a high price for family insurance like 400 every 2 weeks.

Pros

Good hrs good environment and great coworkers

Cons

Low pay high health insurance

Good ol boys

You can be black and work here but not to black, someone will always remind you that they are the boss and provide no support. These people have no idea what they are doing and students pay $7k to get treated like kids

High Responsibility Low Compensation

It's on your shoulders to figure out the requirements, these change daily, but if you're able to roll with the punches then you'll enjoy the daily tasks included with Instructing fresh CDL A permit drivers. Consistency, patience and already having your finances in order at home are keys to being successful in this position, management above the school level is hectic and inconsistent.

Overworked, Cliques Run the Company, Doesn’t care about the students

If you’re not related or best friends with management then be prepared for no advancement opportunities. I’ve been with the company for years and have seen management come and go, this is the worse. Lack of respect, cockiness and arrogance. They hire family members or friends that have no prior experience as management.

Pros

Coworkers, students

Cons

Management, salary

For starters

Good place for coming out of driving school. Fleet managers and dispatch could be better. Calls can be ignored most of the time. Better to use tablet to tell someone to call you.

Pros

Pay decent benefits are good

Cons

Better leadership

Tough Situation

Very tough place to work. Management was very hard on the employees. Students were treated with a lot of scrutiny when it came to attendance and how they carried themselves on campus.

Instructors

Management has never driven a truck and does not even have a cdl. Upper level has never driven either keep changing the way the business is operated by the instructors.

Pros

Great instructors

Cons

Bad management

Great company,if you want to help people

You are Helping People to get itanother Skill , Which is needed in the Time We are in, Good , Clean , Trucks to train your Students and that is very rewarding

Pros

Great pay, unstable work environment.

Roadmaster was a great place to work. As long as you produced, and stayed compliant, they left you alone to do your job, which is to recruit students into their CDL training programs at multiple locations around the country. However, the company was sold to a national trucking company, and the transition was bumpy to say the least. Marketing efforts have now been switched to the school locations, so they are no longer hiring for the corporate office location in St. Petersburg.

Pros

Excellent hourly pay and bonus structure

Cons

Major lack of communication to employees, constant leadership changes, constant changes to bonus structure and hourly pay.

PLEASE research your options and do not go to this school

When you are exploring truck driving school, you can literally go anywhere in the world. Don’t choose Roadmaster. Roadmaster Phoenix had instructors that bordered on abusive. During our first week, three people dropped out because they attempted to ask questions to learn and were berated. I’ve now chosen a different school in a different state. The school covers all expenses in exchange for 10 months of you working for the company. I can’t believe the difference in what I’m learning and the quality of the instruction. Don’t settle.

Pros

There are other schools that will actually help you. Choose them.

Cons

Stand in hot heat, recieve little to no instruction and get berated every time you ask a question

The good is you have a job

The bad is managment is made up of family and friends of company vp therefore no opportunity for growth. Management has no people skills nor do they have good customer service towards our students. As a trainer you are always belittled looked down upon and disrespected.

Bad job

They are a mill pushing student in and out without any real training the higher managers have no respect for the staff 10 hours a day 6 days a week they closed the Las Vegas school

Listen carefully

As ait thing were as good as to be expected as any job mix the good with the bad and keep doing what you do the best roadmaster changed the entire program!.

Liars

As an employee They don’t care about no one but themselves, even after you give them years of commitment. It was all about favorites not the students.

Pay is good

Pros for me is the Good pay and some good staff really care for the students but the CONS is that the school manager is liar(no Name) you know who you are. The company Owners do not hold the school manager accountable for their lack of leadership. Instead they pretend to listen to the problems and then do nothing.

rather not say

the fact that you guys wont let me continue with my account unless i review a company that i worked for years ago and left for a reason is bogus. so ill just complain about that to get to the minimum 150 characters so i can move on.

I don't work there I only went to school

It's a great school to get your CDL from they'll teach you right and when you pass you're so happy and they're happy for you they treat you like family

Admissions

I truly enjoyed my time working at Roadmaster. It’s not a place that you should work @ if you’re lazy! There are many working pieces to helping prospective students through the process. It’s fast paced and you are always grinding. Weekly starts maybe challenging to some - but for me I loved the constant work flow. The best part of being employed with Roadmaster is that these prospective students actually wanted to be there. I would say the biggest downfall is that there is no incentive to give an actual 2 week notice upon choosing to leave. As they will list you as non-rehireable. Ultimately - if you should decide to pursue other opportunities-make sure that you never plan to return, because you will not have the opportunity to ever be employed there again.

Working Together

Working together to get the job done as a team is incredible . Our common goal is to follow the process for a greater result . Some say we are like a family .

Join our team!

I work at a place that cares about their students. We are aware that the CDL drivers we train are driving alongside our family and friends. Safety and care is put into every students admission and training. All of the schools have the same philosophy, overseen and supported by the same upper management. The best part of my job is changing the lives of others for the better, giving them a chance and a direction they may not have had otherwise. It is not work when you love what you do.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Roadmaster Drivers School. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.3 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits