Roche logo
Roche

Roche Employee Reviews in Indianapolis, IN

Found 278 reviews matching the searchSee all 2,225 reviews

Solid organization.

It’s a reputable company. You get to mean a lot and grow your corporate skills. Pay is on the lower side. Used to have a great pension plan, it’s gone now. Things continue to slide downward for the Indy folks.

Pros

Professionally run organization

Cons

Lower pay, slow career growth.

Good pay and benefits but extremely political.

Roche can be a good place to work if you are in the right department with the right manager. However, it is extremely political and very much about image and perception. It is not about how much you know to work there. It is more about how well do you know how to be politically correct or know how well to make the perception or image to look right to upper management. Its unfortunate because the company itself is very good for their research and support of "doing what is next for the patient"

Pros

Good pay and benefits

Cons

Politically correct, image, and perception are higher priority

Productive and fun place, albeit, no ping pong table

Groovy stuff going on there. Loved all my co-workers. Some of them didn't love me so much, obviously. But that's their loss. It was fun to contribute to the organization.

Great Internship Program

Roche has a very well-organized internship program. You receive one-on-one mentorship, social opportunities, and great projects to work on for your team.

Flexible schedule and good co-workers

I worked at Roche Diagnostics for 5 years in 3 different positions. One of my supervisors was great, and the other two just okay. Overall the place has opportunity for advancement

Pros

Great benefits and cafeterias

Would Highly Reccommend

Amazing company everyone works hard and supports each other. Plenty of opportunities for growth, professional development, and joining groups to make and impact on the company.

Pros

Pay Well, Smart & Cool coworkers, strong products, thriving business

Cons

Huge company can be slow moving

Great company- but business is business

My department was unfortunately outsourced in November 2020. The silver lining is that Roche informed us of this decision a year in advance, giving employees plenty of time to make plans for the future. The company does a great job of showing gratitude to employees and contractors alike, though contractors obviously don't get the amazing healthcare that permanent employees receive. Lots of activities through out the year, summer concerts on the lawn, half days during March Madness to watch the tournament. The culture is amazing and the pay is probably more than fair. Can't complain, even though my job was outsourced.

Pros

Company funds a lot parties and activities, great culture

Cons

Bureaucracy, but that's to be expected

My job was 24/7 division in Diabetes Care

I liked my job but left because changes were made that decreased my bonuses/shift pay as well as policy changes that made me feel uneasy. I understand the changes and I’m sure they worked out in time. I just decided not to stay for the rough times.

Don't take a contract in IT at Roche, you won't get hired

While my time at Roche as a contractor in IT was not stressful, it was about as dead end as it gets. I took a position in Site IT that was pitched as very likely contract to hire with no benefits or PTO, but literally one of the first things one of my new teammates told me was don't hold out hope to be hired in. Gradually I started to see experienced IT people running out their three year contracts, and that was it for them. I also started to learn that Roche treats its contractors like second class citizens, from having to use your lunch hour to attend the company Christmas party, to management's indifference to my presence or career goals. I luckily found another job quickly with a great company, and having Roche on my resume MIGHT have been ammo on my resume. Other than that I drew a paycheck for nine months and grew very little. If you're looking for a job I guess that kind of environment might be acceptable. If you're looking for a career..... I'd keep looking and find something better.

Pros

Low stress, narrow swim lane

Cons

No hope for hire from contract, management doesn't care

Experience doesn't matter!

Losing skilled staff which is very unfortunate. The company is constantly transforming. There is no job security. Hard to get promoted unless you are young. Experience doesn't matter at this company. Don't get too comfortable.

Pros

Flexibility

Cons

Always changing leaders

Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Roche?

Contingency to full time conversation needs re-assessed

I really wish Roche would do straight conversions from contingent to full time. Right now you have to interview for the same position you are doing. You may or may not get the full time position. It’s sad and discouraging when you have to interview for the same position you are already hired in.

Best healthcare company to work for

Work-life balanceIt's the best.OverallGear work, great people, best pay & benefits and amazing leaders. My experience has been really amazing here so far, the work culture is awesome and people are really helpful.

Productive and fun place

I worked as a data analyst. It is one of the best companies where there is an opportunity for learning and growth. The workplace and the people are fun to work with.

Not a place for the over 50 crowd

Roche "hires" contingency employees, and keeps them as contingencies for over a year or more (with no benefits), which leads them on. Also, if an employee is older, there is no additional training nor advancement. Roche often encourages newer and younger employees to learn and attend training courses, and introduces them to new tools. However, as the needs of the workforce (and customers) change, employees with tenure are left out of training and development. If you stay in a position longer than 2 -3 years, you are never given the compensation you deserve. Usually employees that move from one position to another receive salary boosts. This is concerning for an FDA-regulated industry such as health care. The new leadership teams tend to bury their heads in the sand, and somehow don't care whether the work is completed or not. Processes must be created and followed, but new managers don't seem to understand the work that needs to be done, nor do they want to learn from tenured employees.

Pros

Some free lunches, free coffee, nice gym at a discounted rate

Cons

They need to treat everyone a little more fairly

Not a place for the over 50 crowd

Pros

Some free lunches, free coffee, nice gym at a discounted rate

Cons

They need to treat everyone a little more fairly

Good place to work if you are looking for a environment that enjoys learning and expanding your knowledge of new and invocative concept and practices.

Productive, Overtime Weekly

Nice Place to work, people are nice fast pace very. What I liked the most was the educating on diabetes, the use of the strips, and why they are important to help save lives. This process showed the importance of my job and more efficient.

Pros

Free Lunches

Cons

Great place with a diverse group of people.

A typical work day would include taking advantage of the gym offered to employees and contractors which was a great start to the day then arriving 15-20 min early, to socialize, make a smoothie or enjoy a cup of coffee and read over protocol. I became friends with people from all across the globe while working at Roche. I learned a lot from my manager and tested for compliance often. The hardest part of the job was assignments became somewhat dull. I was still happy because they gave me so much flexibility and at that time I needed it.

Not a good company

Given the chance I would not work at Roche again the environment is extremely clickey and if you want to get stuff done without politics it is not possible.

Talk the talk but don't walk the walk

Only as good as your current performance, previous year's do not matter Lot of managers only concerned with how they will look compared to each other. Many are people leaders but could not have an in depth discussion about the products to save their lives.

Roche is a excellent company to work

Productive, fun educational., there is always room for learning, and mentor, Roche offer lots of services, which includes gym, wellness center. Roche has a Lab for employees to get Biometeric

Pros

bank machines

Cons

short breaks

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Roche. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4.2