Roche

Roche Employee Reviews in Pleasanton, CA

Found 47 reviews matching the searchSee all 2,258 reviews

One of the best working team experience

My immediate business solutions team made working a Roche a pleasure. They were quick to assist in quickly adapting to the culture and most of the personnel I interacted with were extremely professional and personable. I learned a lot while working at Roche.My only issue was I was commuting to the far end of San Jose daily from Oakland for 6 months. A company car would have been better or a better travel compensation package. It covered gas but not wear and tear.

Pros

Great working culture.

Cons

No company car for extensive daily travel

Diversified culture

the management is not good. they are unfair to some and show favoritism to others. They do not treat people equally, and they lack a good compliance and ethics background.

Good

The administrative staff was questionable. Management needs to be more stable. I a little co fused with management system. Most people I worked with were great.

Pros

Pay

Cons

Office politics

Great company. Great people.

Best experience of my career. Definitely a company who expects the best and is willing to compensate accordingly. Driven, professional, intelligent, ethical people.

Pros

Great benefits. Best people in the industry.

Cons

Can be cliquey. Always a few toxic people. Some make management. Your mileage may vary.

Culture and benifits

One of the top 100 company, excellent culture, top class management. Growing opportunities, work and family time balance, health, exercise is mandatory, company provided parties, tours. and many more.

Great company

Stable and worked with very intelligent staff. My managers were excellent. Great benefits, learning and personal development is encouraged. One of the best company I have worked for.

Coworkers are great, general large company feel

Day to day is good, nothing extreme or strenuous Reasonable work pace Unfortunately have to wait a while for approvals and whatnot but that's to be expected with large companies

Working at Roche

Great company, very smart people, enjoyed my time there. They are an international company so you are exposed to ideas and processes from across the globe

People culture is great

Great company Good benefits Great people culture Programs for employee encouragement and advancement Encourages employee and employer interactions. Offers educations seminars.

Stability vs. Agility? Company culture is affected

Great benefits and many could take advantage of a large company dynamic to float by with minimal effort. I liked the verbalized company matras, but this is not always actualized in actions by leadership or managers. For example, there is no requirement for 360 reviews, so I am not sure if leadership was very connected to the people. In my experience, many in management were often not good people leaders. Agility and responsiveness to evolving market conditions was a challenge which may not be surprising for such a large company. There were many instances "process" was adhered to by mere convention or internal quality regulation, but not for reasons of good sense. This is wonderful company for technology, but I do not see an equal appreciation or investment into the marketing of products.

Pros

stability, benefits

Cons

process oriented, slow to evolve, dated mindsets

Good environment to work in.

Good environment to work in. Good work culture. Nice experienced people around and can help in learning new things. Good work life balance. Not much work pressure.

A decent place to work...

Roche has a lot of good people working there. The products it develops are solid, however if you're looking for science that pushes the envelope, Roche might not be the company for you. Also, the development teams are insular, meaning that the laboratory techniques they train you in will only tangentially pertain to other labs.

Pros

Great people

Cons

Products being developed aren't groundbreaking

Decent

Not much to complain about. Learned a lot of new and different technologies. Met different people. Few opportunities to become fulltime employee. Overall, decent place to work.

Solid employer with good people

I haven't any complaints. Roche has been a great place to work. The company culture is a little bland, but what I have enjoyed the most so far is the people.

stable company but few chances for advancement

I worked in a group that while integral to the company, rarely received the recognition it deserved. My biggest complaint is that this company has found a way to hire contractors for years and years on end without making an offer to convert to full-time. In addition, they would rather hire someone with outside experience than train from within.

Pros

stable, reputable

Cons

no chance for growth, stagnant

Skilled HR Team

I have enjoyed working with a skilled HR team. It is a very employee-friendly environment. It's a beautiful campus in a convenient location. There is an on-site gym and many fun employee-focused programs.

team building

fun team building event - plant nite, paint nite, popcorn social, icecream social, happy hours. friendly coworkers - everyone knows each other by first name.

awesome place but poor pay

great place to work if working in research. restructuring fears are real and upper level management is super disconnected from wet lab employees. Fun innovative minds

Roche

A typical day would be preventative maintenance and repair of automated PCR instrumentation. Mentoring, training, expense reports and daily reports of FDA materials are an everyday occurrence. Great job if you like to travel. The hardest part of the job is the enormous amount of documentation that never stops. Good company culture with great people.

Pros

Working as a team

Cons

A good place to work for the most part

A good place to work but the work life balance is askew. So many levels that it's very tough to navigate the levels of bureaucracy. Wonderful benefits, i.e. gym, sick time, maternity/paternity leave.

Awesome workplace for everyone

The thing I love most about working at Roche is how dynamic and diverse the workforce is. You will get a chance to meet people from all over the world who brings a wide range of experience and perspectives. Leaders throughout the organization are generally open and approachable.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Roche. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4.2