Roche logo
Roche

Roche Employee Reviews for Administrative Assistant

Found 16 reviews matching the searchSee all 2,225 reviews

Productive and fun place, albeit, no ping pong table

Groovy stuff going on there. Loved all my co-workers. Some of them didn't love me so much, obviously. But that's their loss. It was fun to contribute to the organization.

great workplace

This is a great company to work for. They try to make employees happy most of the time. the application process could be a little easier and not have a system picking applications.

Best place to work

You get to travel. Great collegues, good managers, good environment to work in. Made lifetime friends. I had a good learning experience in Kuwait and I miss working with them. Exception manager who in better words a leader who pushes you to learn and grow and is very supportive.

Pros

Good benefits like schooling, dental, excellent insurance, good bonus.

Family owned business

Everyone that works there has been there since it's inception. Including non-family members. Employees are extremely happy and have experience professional and realized their worth in the company

Pros

open communication

Cons

cant think of any.

Congenial working atmosphere

I consider Roche as my second home since I have worked for Roche USA for 10 years and Roche Basel for 4 years. My experiences were positive with easy access for managers, when needed. Most enjoyable part was collaborating with my teammates. Hardest part was working in toxicology and pathology where animals were sacrificed for research purposes.

Pros

13th check

Cons

short lunches

Responsibilities grew each year then was downsized

Became jack of all trades over the years in the role and had eventual difficulty with work / life balance due to number of responsibilities. Management was good at listening.

Great Benefits and Work Environment plus Advancement

Great benefits and work environment, with cafeteria onsite as well as health clinic. Worked in accounting till promoted to service department. Responsible for purchase orders, work orders, tracking services employees and contracts. Reported to the executive of the department of accounting then service department. Softball team and tournaments among employees.

Pros

Benefits, break times, vacation time, advancement, raises, and outside events

Cons

Commute and traffic

International company

Working at Roche requires that you interface with clients and employees all over the world. You will meet a lot of people from different places and cultures.

Temporary job

this was my first job after graduating college and I used what i learned from college science courses to perform my role. I did not stay long since it was temp job.

Changing culture

Fast paced, high pressure, high expectations. Your plate will be full to overflowing. Recent emphasis on hiring millennials. Brand new modern buildings on beautiful campus.

Pros

Salary, benefits

best company i ever worked for...

i worked many years and roche by far was the best ever. i looked forward to going to work every single day. they never micro managed, you had the ball and were allowed to run with it, they were always open for suggestions. cant say enough about roche...

Pros

you name it, education, training, great people to work with, etc

Cons

none that i knew of

Productive and fun place even without a ping pong table

Cool place to work. Management wast great, fun to come in, fun to be there, fun when it wasn't fun, just a fun time. Work was fun, The funnest part was the funness there.

So much to do

Loved the variety of responsibilities and the support of management. The work environment was challenging and very busy. Many opportunities.

Pros

Exciting environment

Cons

Seems to be a bi-annual rotation of reducing staff.

Such a big improvement

Every day, I helped my team with different kinds of works. At that time, Roche had a new drug to come into the market. I worked with my leader to join meeting with governmental officials, and made sure that the drug could be in the market soon.

Employees Treated with Respect

Roche was a great place to work for. Everyday, we always had a task to complete. The bulk of my work consisted of scanning laboratory notebooks accurately and confidentially, while performing quality checks on other people's work. The work was always organized and evenly distrubuted between co-workers. Roche was a clean place with plenty of perks for employees, such as a great, convenient cafeteria. I knew when I was hired that the job was temporary because the branch itself was closing down. However, if given the chance to work for a company like this again, I would definitely take that opportunity.

Pros

Free lunches, Large campus, Clean environment

Great place to work for

It was stressful at times when meeting dead lines but great when rewarded. Team work was excellent.

Pros

free tickets for amusement parks.