Roche logo
Roche

Roche Employee Reviews for Field Service Engineer

Found 12 reviews matching the searchSee all 2,225 reviews

Good benifits

Working in the field for Roche Diagnostics is very demanding from a standpoint of responsibilities and time requirements.It is definitely NOT a 9 to 5 type of job.Also, while there is extensive classroom and computer based training, the OJT aspect and job mentoring is sadly lacking.

Pros

Good Benefits, Company Vehicle

Cons

Long Hours, Weekend Standby

Working very Hard

Work Life balance is minimal Salary is average People normally work beyond office hours hardest part of the job is dealing with workmates the most enjoyable part is during meeting and conferences

Field service support throughout the southeastern US

A typical day began with the review of corporate emails, processing administrative paperwork, scheduling service visits and/or following up on user equipment needs. As service delivery was home-based I visited clients work sites as needed. Work life balance was agreeable, work stress manageable and the. work culture professional

Pros

Specialized training, great product line, great company

Cons

Frequent and often extensive travel

Best Company I work with it

I consider my work wit Roche Diagnostics every day it is typical day, I learn with Roche Diagnostics the three important value and they are: Integrity, Passion and Courage. The management is successful with Roche with every department Workplace culture give me good impression and experience for all people I face. The hardest part is our situation in Yemen, we can not get training or meeting to RDME Finally the most enjoyable part of the job when I say I am Engineering in Roche Diagnostics

Short lived

Great co workers, great boss it just feels bad when they don't feel the same about you and worst of all don't give you a chance to improve nor give you feedback in a format that is constructive with the opportunity to improve in a reasonable time frame.

Pros

free lunch, high quality/caliber co-workers, positive outlook

Cons

no warning signs if you're about to get fired.

Enjoyed my experience at Roche for the most part, just got to a point of being burnt out due to excessive workload.

Demanding, challenging, and rewarding environment - never a dull day. Driven to be the best and deliver results for the customer and patients affected by cancer.

Pros

Cutting edge instrumentation, devoted staff, and team support

Cons

Inadaquate work/life balance due to workload.

systematic and innovative approach

I am totally excited and motivated by the co-worker and the management. dealt so many critical situation and learn to resolve all those problem. learned to generate sales lead and done trouble shooting with least time.the most enjoyable part is company always update with the latest trends in medical field and conduct trainings.

Great company to work for

Great company to work for with lots of growth opportunities. All individulas are recognised and well rewarded for their hard work.

This Company the best companies since I worked with

- When I worked with Roche Diagnostics, I considered it is a typical day for me. - I learn more and more, like the laboratory equipment with it is application, all types of tests for immunology and chemistry, the different people of culture. - How to management our work in different sites, how to satisfy our customers. - We working every day with the best co workers, to distribute all work benefit and get customer satisfy. - The hardest part, when we faced a big problem during the critical care. - The most enjoyable part, when we have a training course, or kik off for end of year, we have to meet different type of people and culture.

Great company with a fantastic corporate culture. Everyone works as a team and the work is highly rewarding. Be prepared to put the hours in though. While the results and benefits are rewarding, you will definitely work for it.

Pros

Great team, great benefits

Heavy workload

Okay training, heavy workload with a decreasing employee count.

Pros

Great benefits, good pay

Cons

Lacking coverage for a large area

No one cares!

When I first started with Roche Diagnostics, it was a magical placed filled with nice people who cared about your well being. I had an awesome manager who cared and co-workers who had great work ethic and teamwork. As time went on, (as did 4 senior vice presidents, mind you) things got worse. 1 guy that I worked with left the area, they switched management on us, and made the job ultra competitive. At this point, I was doing the job of 2 people. Keep in mind, my area was huge and I was the only person in the company who had to drive 6 hours to get to his/her closest account. Even with all this though, I was still the top performer, in my region. But, my "new" boss didn't help things and ended up being a narcissist/micromanager. Everything was about "His guys" and he was constantly condescending and even told me I didn't need to go to college, I just needed to read a service manual. It got so bad that I had to report him to HR, which did nothing at all.After sitting through an area meeting, where the Senior VP decided to get drunk and tell us how much Americans "Suck," and how he would "shoot the stragglers" I decided I had enough of Roche and put in my notice.I am thankful for my experience, but I feel this is one of those companies that feel that, YOU, should be happy that they let you work there. They do not cherish their Hard working employees, and will get rid of you in a second. If your not part of the clique, you might as well expect to be a FSR for a while. You used to be beautiful Roche!

Pros

great co-workers, trips to hawaii, pension

Cons

management does not help you grow, hostile work environment in some areas