Roche

Roche Employee Reviews for Intern

Roche has a very well-organized internship program. You receive one-on-one mentorship, social opportunities, and great projects to work on for your team.
Very great company to work at for interns, the summer projects were thoughtful but there was still enough flexibility for students to pursue their own interests
Coming into my internship at Roche I knew a little bit about the company and what they did, but leaving this internship I am coming out with more knowledge of how the company works and how they capitalize on sales deals. I truly think this was the best learning experience I have ever had with a great atmosphere around me to support me in any of my day to day task.
My experience as an intern was the best. My managers were guiding me whenever I had a question and my colleagues where always by my side to help me at work. Apart from the technical skills that I acquired, I found friends with who I still keep in touch.
Love the culture. Great place to work. recommend any day. Just that difficult to find junior positions. Great benefits and welcoming ideas. Diverse and inclusive
Roche is a great place to work at, especially as a first introduction into the science industry. Coming from academia, Roche is a "hit the ground running" way to experience the way scientific industry works.
Engineering side is geared to low risk technical development. Staff has option to work 9/80. Lots of meetings. Everyone is friendly and nice. For interns, a great brown lunch series where upper level management share their experiences.
Pros
Friendly workplace
Cons
Low appetite for technical risk
You will work hard here, but learn a lot. The management is extremely patient, and the work is rewarding. The culture is also extremely great in that you feel good about what you are doing everyday.
Roche has a slow paced culture. With 90,000 employees, it is evident that implementing improvements on a company-wide basis takes a very long time. The potential for advancement is limited.
Open work place and really cooperative environment to work. It has great work-life balance. The work I did focus a lot on taking initiative and responsibility of yourself, I enjoyed the challenges and had a good result by the end. Management team is great and very approachable.
Pros
subsidized lunch, great campus
Roche is full of intelligent people who are always striving to better themselves, their company, and their products. I worked as an intern in the Technical Transfer Team and could not have been happier with my experience. I was encouraged to learn as much as I could during my time their and everyone I met was enthusiastic and helpful.
We worked eight hours each weekday. I learned the culture of western company and how to communicate with coworkers. It enhanced my programming skills and let me know how to use and maintain the system of company. My co-workers were from all over the world. I liked to chat with them in spare time.
The work force in Roche is really excellent. They are very professional and does not segregate interns from the permanent employees.
Pros
free transportation
Fully enjoyed my time here. I was allowed "free range" to do what needed done. Fully supported by line and staff workers. I'd love to go back.
A very interesting fun place to work in, excellent environment and professionals.
Pros
good healthcare plans, healthy low-cost meals, diverse employee setting, ease of networking
Cons
none experienced, totally loved it
I learned how to work in the environment of the pharmaceutical company, my co-workers were very responsible and cooperative. The best part of the job was that everyone were able to help each other in all different departments.
Nice place with expansive oppurtunity, but not easy to get anyone to give you an employment opportunity.
Pros
very large and diverse work opportunities
Cons
hard to get employed there
every day its feel great to go and sit there with other employees and do work with them..learned a lot