Roche logo

Roche Employee Reviews for Laboratory Technician

Work-Life Balance

Found 26 reviews matching the searchSee all 2,219 reviews

great company

Such a huge company, ended up closing down after many years. Lots of company events, benefits were great and a lot of opportunity to advance within the company.

Pros

well balanced work loads and hours

Cons

company closed down

Very little trust in their employees

Management is poor and disorganized. Leads to low moral and little trust in their employees. Work load is not evenly distributed and lots of people slack off leaving more work for others.

Not a great place for family person

Not a great place for a family person, it is a good place if bully employees fire, because they don't want you to work hard and better than them. Also, they lie a lot, and there is more dirty competition.

Laid back and generous

Laid back and generous, not challenging work. Learned formulation and GMP. Very lenient towards vacation and flexible hours. Difficult to advance career quickly.

It was simply ok.

Definitely favoritism on the floor. I noticed the boss would give specific directions of how to do a certain task and no one ever listened including the "team leads". The job was based on team work, but you'd have a group of people having full conversations while the other group worked hard. This was a daily thing too, literally over half hour conversations while others did work for them.

Pros

Good schedule

Cons

No benefits unless hired of course

Love the department I worked in

Would have loved to retire from this company great work environment great teammates always testing your skills at different station in drug screenings with unidentifiable drugs

Pros

Opportunity in other areas and tuition reimbursement

Cons

Traveling to work

Good environment work days.

At Roche you would enjoy work days as the people and its culture are enjoyable. It is a good environment to work on. You would find yourself in a good position as soon as you get there. The employees welcomed you and take you as part of their team.

Awesome place to work

So many perks n they treat their employees so great they truly show their appreciation and many chances n choices for advancements one of the best companies to work for I think for the medical field ever.

Pros

Many great perks

Cons

Sold to another company so lost some luster sadly

it was always a productive day

it is exciting. i learned to work with very large volumes and set targets, management was encouraging, quality of results was key. machine failure made work hard but the best part was when we would hit the target of about 98800 samples a month

Pros

free lunches and breakfast

Cons

mahine breakdown

Very good place to work

The working at Roche was a great pleasure to me. The company take good care for the employees. The work was really exciting and i learned every day something new.

Tough and Fair

Management at Roche was very ht or miss depending on your direct superior. The culture they preached was different that practiced. Some differences in distribution in workload.

Nice place to work

Its a nice, relaxed place to work. You are assigned to a certain bulk to make and once you are done with the lab, you are free to sit at your own cube and work on other important things.

Great employees

This job had a terrific staff to work with and the work environment was very good as well. Employees really worked well together and truly cared about each other.

Pros

Good environment

Great Place to Work.

The Roche facility has a great atmosphere with great employees. Roche is well respected in the pharmacuetical industry with a great reputation and a great place to work.

Pros

Strong culture and job security.

Cons

Difficult to advance

Great Place to Work

The environment at Genentech-Roche, Inc. is intense because of the market demand on their products. I have found the people to be helpful, and the environment hospitable. The culture is better than all of the three biotech companies that I have previously worked at. The culture is one that supports safety, good business practices, and continuous change/improvement. It also allows for personal growth and development as well. People are allowed to go and work in other departments in order to get a better workforce knowledge, and allow the individual to expand into different roles.Management is also flexible and works with the employees to ensure that the company goals and objectives are met, along with ensuring that the individual needs of the employee are not overlooked, (I find this an excellent quality). There are good compensation packages, and recognition programs in place that acknowledges the employee and helps make the employee award system fair and equitable. The bottom line is that I like my work, and enjoy being a part of the Genentech-Roche, Inc. family.

Pros

The physical location, culture, and business practices make this a good place to work.

Cons

I have found that contract manufacturing something not to be desired.

Good

Good and learning a lot. I like that I am able to contribute something big to help my group improve. I like the work and experiences that I am gaining so far.

Great place to work.

Great place to work. Excellent opportunities to advance. Team work/involvement encouraged.

Productive workplace

Strong focus on quality with to put out excellent quality raw material that has been tested.

prodoctive and fun

Great company to work, with great benefits, great salary, got different training in different field, great management and colleagues.

Pros

many

Cons

Very technical. I loved the environment.

Had to be very focus little room for error. I really enjoyed the importance of time management.

Pros

Highly professional.

Cons

Pay could have been better

Great company

I worked through an agency for a great company like Hoffman LaRoche. I worked there more than 5 years but was never made permanent through the company. People were very friendly, and atmosphere was very welcoming. Benefits were not that good through the agency.

Pros

gifts were given at the end of the year

Cons

was hoping to be permancent after working long time with the company

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Roche. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4.2