TJ Maxx

TJ Maxx Employee Reviews

Showing all 10,785 reviews

Low pay, long working hours.

I enjoyed the job and the people that I worked with. The hours were long and the pay was low. Very physical job, on your feet for long stretches of time.

Fun workplace

Never a dull moment. Managers are understanding and really work with your needs. There is always room to grow in the job. Asking for credit cards can be a little repetitive with the front end manager but if can bypass that you will be all set.

Bueno

Al principio te sentirás un poco estresado pero ya después de entender y aprender la forma de trabajar sera mucho mejor

Pros

Los dias

Cons

Que no hay par-time

good place to work if you need a part-time job

pros: plenty of help for new employees in training, employee discount, often will accommodate schedule changes, 401k after 1,000 hourscons: I usually work in the back, but for those who work front there's definitely pressure to get credit card sign-ups. It can be really stressful for some people. No email access for employees, so you need to talk to them over the phone/in person. my store still does schedule with paper calendar. I think we're supposed to update to WorkJam but it keeps getting delayed.

Nice Place, low pay

It was a nice job to work, you will occasionally deal with doing multiple task on the job. The only down side was the pay was very low. Company should consider paying their workers a little more money

I like the store. I shop at TJX. The people are friendly

I work part-time, but I do not get enough hours to continue this job for much longer. The management team at TJX is very accommodating, and the atmosphere is great. Everyone is friendly and helpful. It's a great job for students or maybe someone who is retired that may not need many hours or benefits. These options are not available for those employees working under 20 hours per week. Also, The hours could vary considerably, i.e., 7am one day, 3pm 2 days later.

Pros

Sometimes there's free pizza. 15 minute break every 4 hours.

Cons

No benefits for part-time workers. No job security.

Can be a great company to work for

Tjmaxx is a good company but can be very stressful when it comes to reaching unrealistic credit goals. The opportunities to progress are there if you are in the right district

it’s eh

sometimes they keep you at the same position most of the days you there and it makes you feel like you don’t have anything else to do but sit and stand with customers

Good coworkers, bad everything else

This was my first job. Disappointed to say they never catered to the needs of the associates. Gave more hours to some people over others purely out of favoritism. Budget cuts never allowed for proper amount of hours requested. I was ghosted for weeks as they refused to schedule me, didn’t explain why, no communication. They forced me to quit. Just stay away from it unless you need some extra pay outside of another job.The only good thing is the coworkers were always kind and doing their job well. Awesome group of people.

What is the best part of working at the company?Management is always very professional and caring.What is the most stressful part about working at the company?It is retail and u cant let it get to you. What is the work environment and culture like at the company?Employees mostly work as a team to accomplish goal.What is a typical day like for you at the company?I would like to say working at store is my happy place.

Do these reviews help you learn more about working at TJ Maxx?

Tjmaxx was a good working place for me it teaches me how to explore feelings

It teaches me communication with and being polite to others and well manared and respect the customers, I was a cheerful and i was a hard worker and i stayed on my working pace...

Pros

U only allowed to eat lunch 15 minutes

Cons

The lunch break is only 15 minutes

Productive work environment

Pretty decent, similar to LP Detective except you can not stop people and serve only as a witness, foster relations with the store management team, daily audits

Poor Management

This location is unprofessional. Poor management when you have to remind them to schedule you and cannot keep track of all the employees they hired. I applied in November as a regular Part Time Sales Associate, but they made me re-apply after attending an interview and hiring me. I re-applied as a Seasonal Sales Associate as directed., but they said they'd keep me. I was wrong. They didn't scedule me for 2 weeks because "they forgot" AGAIN so I just never came back. Their training videos are out of date and it took way too long to do paperwork and get started. We were not guranteed a break. Minors got a 30 minute break unpaid, and 2, 15 minute paid breaks. The adults? Just a 30 minute break and you werent guranteed that. Even if that was the law. If the business was bisy, you weren't leaving for break until someone could cover you. Plus, they don't train their employees the REGISTER until 3 months after they have worked there. That is obsurd. Got another job and learned Register first day. I even had beforehand register experience. Do not work at this location.

Fun work environment

I truly enjoyed working at tjmax it was fun and everyone you work with is very kind and helpful. Get job for college students as it is very flexible.

Company was fine

The company itself wasn't the worst except for the lack of training it supplies. The management was the biggest problem, they don't listen, take responsibility for their actions, or stand with their employees in conflict.

Pros

Fair pay, discount, decent culture

Cons

What is the best part of working at the company?enjoy giving help to others in finding/choosing the right items for themselves or others.What is the most stressful part about working at the company?Managers need to observe treatments and communications among all associates to be sure all is done in fairness according to jobs and responsibilities that are given.What is the work environment and culture like at the company?Having great team members helps to run a good business and keep customers coming back.What is a typical day like for you at the company?Visual needs for merchandising, customer shopping ability from racks/displays.

fun to work here

Flexible hours is code for "No rhyme or reason to your schedule". You may have 31 hours this week, 13 the next. Close, then open 8 hours later. TjMaxx insists on being your first priority of you work part time, meaning they will not accommodate another part time, but they will very very rarely hire full time employees. If you need to be home at certain times, don't take a job at TJ.

Terrible management

Highly stressful they only encourage you to get customers to sign up for a credit card. The store didn’t have enough staff for the demand. Again they only cared about the credit card.

Nice Workplace

I found the atmosphere to be enjoyable and the work wasn’t too hard once I got used to it. There were days where it got really busy and days where you had trouble finding things to do.

Good work not enough pay

Easy going nice people. But the pay isn’t so good when you get a raise most of the time its .30 cents. They do provide lunch and meals from time to time

Good managers

My boss treats me well. It’s hard to work when no other workers speak English even though most seem to be hard workers. The pay is very low. My $ gets deposited but I never see a voucher

Ask a question about working or interviewing at TJ Maxx. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.0 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits