University of Karachi

University of Karachi Employee Reviews

Pakistan15 reviews
The atmosphere in the university is very interactive. while filfulling my internship period i leran many new methods of teaching and how to communicate with students.Overall the working experience with my teacher is commendable
Having a good time in University of Karachi (Uok). I learned a lot in Internship. Our Head also Guided for a Good progress for work & also help in our work.
I managed the whole administration body , planing which the center need and having a finance department . And now going forward to acheive a new experience .
University of Karachi is one best it was good experience to teach their students I was assistant mathematics teacher. I Learned so many things during teaching
it was a great learning experience under the university banner, I've learned a lot with my professors and the rest of the team for events. The hardest part was to complete my tasks, such as; meetings with sponsors for funds, presenting our proposals and getting all the prep done within a week or so for a quick event.
Proper management system, work with balance life, less intensity of stress in job. New challenge every new day. Managing day to day operation. Difficult to satisfy the supervisor sometimes.
Pros
Strickness
Cons
Political Infuence
I've been working for almost one and a half year. i work under a Ph.d professor. he approached me on his own and he asked if i would assist him in making drafts for him and for his research. my job is not 24/7, infact i make only assignment once a month.
Pros
alot free time for my studies, self learnng process becomes very fast.
Cons
assignment must be in time. on time or late is considered bad and no gratitudes and gifts are given
Administration is good but very low salary for contract base job and system is not fully automated.I am finding the permanent job where my skills can be grown or i can take initiatives or long run plan and support me financially in other word where i can utilize my expertise or need handsome pay.I love to work in deadline because this time teaches me a lot.Expert in Art and Craft.Creative and friendly.I have a great interest to work in UAE.
Cons
Working there is a fun as teaching is my passion. The students come from different background having different levels. Teaching them is a challenge in this way.
Since working with Karachi University was a part time affair it didn't matter much. I can neither say i enjoyed nor i can say that i was an employee full time so i would reserve my comments
days are usually dedicated to self learning.
different DNA recombinant techniques learned.

Management is overall fair.

Co-worker tend to make you await for long but when provide time I must say it is quality time.

Waiting to see the higher bodies.
Pros
Independency to work
Cons
waiting for saupervisor for long hours, no such slaary benefit
I have leaned a very much by teaching here, because it is my first experience at University level. All the staff, Management and Co-workers were very cooperative. I have worked here without any stress by the management. All the things were overall good there.
Pros
All the things are good
Cons
-----------
It is the university from where I graduated in 2000. The major was marketing. I liked studied there. One of my good times I have spent in that institution.
Long days lots of learning and dedication require management was good motivated but because of overall politics and policies couldn't completed PhD colleagues was friendly
Pros
Flexable
Cons
Long hours, favoritism
To assist analyst/ Lab Incharge in method development, method validation and analysis of drug sample in human plasma,Instruments calibration,prepare reagent for testing.
Assist Lab Manager in lab documentation.

Analysis of plasma drug sample on HPLC.