World Bank

World Bank Employee Reviews

Pakistan14 reviews
It was a nice working environment and learning opportunities were good. It involved multi sectoral involvement and coordination with various stake holders.
i gained alot of knowledge in world bank it was a good workplace they also focus on employee healthy activity, they focus on employee retention so employees will not bore from their job. the bad thing in this organization is if a person is hire as a assistant his or her career will only stuck in to junior assistant to senior assistant which i think is the bad thing
as per my experience The Bank is a big organization where you can grow professionally but for that you need the support of the team as well as your colleagues too.
Worked as enumerator in collecting data by visiting different areas of Faisalabad. It was 10 day assignment to collect the samples. the teamwork was splendid.
As the world knows about the human problems and there queries about their daily life but without the Sociologist studies and Analyses about the human problem and sociologist gave them their Solutions
It is good to have exposure to new challenges every time and a great opportunity to keep polishing skills, however, the lack of career for consultant is a pain point which creates demotivation especially for married people.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
No fixed monthly income
World Bank is an International Bank for Reconstruction and Development (IBRD). It mainly helps its member countries (almost all countries are members), in development in almost all sectors, for example, energy, agricultures, irrigation, finance, social, housing, and environment related projects. It has its sister organization namely, International Development Association (IDA), International Finance Corporation (IFC), Multilateral Investment Guarantee Agency.
Pros
Very effective in helping poor member countries in almost every walk of life.
Cons
Very sensitivve orgnization for taking care of staff well beings including helth, eduaction etc.
I have been working at World Bank Group full-time.Great colleagues. Interestingly, meaningful work. Wonderful opportunity to influence policy to make positive change for vulnerable groups. Nice onsite gym and cafeteria!

Lots of travel and can have impacts on personal relationship/family. Lateral movements across the organization seem harder than they used to be. A lot of TA/DA every month.

Workplace culture is very lovely and no harassment. The people are working very peacefully, calm and quite.

I havn't faced any hardest part of the job while working with WB.
Pros
The tea is served fee and lunch is served on 50% subsidy basis. Very cheap.
Cons
Yes, one can have break when he likes and also there are health care facilities are available.
It was more of work-from-home, which allowed me ample space to balance between work and personal life. Moreover, I had great learning experience with my seniors and colleagues.
Pros
Flexi-hour
Cons
Not sure
Had a great experience of Customer service and public dealing. Very productive work and beneficial for economical development of the economy through calculate all fact n figures.
this is the largest Authority with in the country,and i was very keen to work over here, finally God give me a chance to serve my country and my nation.the working environment was very cooperative,and learent as well
Security Information Analysis, News Monitoring, Situation Analysis and Risk Assessment, Quick Responsive to the Mission members
Act as a single point of contact for all emergencies, communications and transportation and dispatching for the World Bank.

Operate all agencies communications equipment to include VHF/UHF radios, satellite phone, land line, Track-24 monitoring, emergency SMS system and mobile phone.

Conduct nightly radio check for all staff with the issued handsets as directed. Ensure that the tracking technology and all emergency communication equipment is functioning and reporting all faults to the World Bank Contract Manager.

Maintain communication with of World Bank clients on out of Islamabad/Karachi missions.

I have learned alot in this organization time management, effective qualitative work,

The hardest pat was we had rotatory timings so to coup up with rotatory timing it was hard in the start

The enjoyable part is that the company organize events in which employee can contribute and play its part professionally
enjoy the work environment, its professional. easy to reach senior level. got exposure to take lead and resolve financial n tax matters. introduced n implemented new policies.
A typical day for the project involved a lot of travelling within different cities of Pakistan.

At this project I learnt how to work during travelling which was a major shortcoming in me before. I learnt how to manage and deal different private and public sector stakeholders dealing with the education sector of Pakistan. The interviews revolved around Senior and Mid Senior level officers, and I learnt how to talk swiftly with them getting all the information that I ever wanted.

Co workers were mostly from good education backgrounds, typically ranging from Harvard, Columbia and LUMS. So i got a first hand experience talking to them about their views about Pakistani education system, and what system is followed elsewhere.
Pros
Salary was good
Cons
Lot of travelling