World Bank

World Bank Employee Reviews for Consultant

It was a nice working environment and learning opportunities were good. It involved multi sectoral involvement and coordination with various stake holders.
It is good to have exposure to new challenges every time and a great opportunity to keep polishing skills, however, the lack of career for consultant is a pain point which creates demotivation especially for married people.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
No fixed monthly income
A typical day for the project involved a lot of travelling within different cities of Pakistan. At this project I learnt how to work during travelling which was a major shortcoming in me before. I learnt how to manage and deal different private and public sector stakeholders dealing with the education sector of Pakistan. The interviews revolved around Senior and Mid Senior level officers, and I learnt how to talk swiftly with them getting all the information that I ever wanted. Co workers were mostly from good education backgrounds, typically ranging from Harvard, Columbia and LUMS. So i got a first hand experience talking to them about their views about Pakistani education system, and what system is followed elsewhere.
Pros
Salary was good
Cons
Lot of travelling