World Food Programme

World Food Programme Employee Reviews

Pakistan19 reviews
Do not forget your contract end date so b informed and ready.
Mostly based on Good people.

Really good for those specially onboard.

Really very hard for me to complete 150 characters.
I am proud to be a part of WFP Team .I love to work hear because WFP Feeding Poor people in any Emergency like Flood Earthquakes etc.thats why I am happy to work with WFP.
If the staff has skills and is eager to grow, WFP provides good resources. Transparent in recruitment processes. Good evidence of auditing procedures through third party
Pros
Annual Retreat- Music, fun
Cons
World Food Programme is highly competitive and professional work place. It encourages employee's participation, provides equal opportunity environment, you can avail flexible work hours when you need. WFP values employees contribution and effort they put in the smooth operation.
Pros
Free Medical, Out Station travel allowances
Cons
insecure job
WFP is one of the best organization in every aspect. It serves humanity with best, challenged standards.
World Food Programme work is more challenging, complex and joyful in emergency environment. When the need for human survival is imperative, sourcing and arrangement and delivering of intensive requirement to save a human life is typical days for me. I have learned to manage the stress and work under highly pressure when need curve is too high. I have worked in multicultural and diverse environment and learned the best management practices of understanding and managing human behavior. The most enjoyable part of work is whenever I deliver my best to achieve the organization objectives. This is very complex and hard to supervise the staff in emergency situation, but with utmost apply of motivational tools I have achieved for particular worker desired outcomes. .
Pros
Learning & Development
Cons
Job insecurity, Career
WFP is best organization for career development in Pakistan. I have earned 7 plus year experience in WFP. WFP pays attractive salaries to their employees. Good luck
Always in a constant phase of emergency however the employees take it as normal work life.
Having iftari at office females leaving office late due to heavy work load and some make staff staying overnight in office and working all n8ght is not something that should surprise someone who works for WFP Peshawar office in order to make a difference in lives of those much needed.
Lots of work in receiving and in dispatch, to count and inventory of food on daily basis. Dispatching food on daily basis for IDP's. Good management in WFP they were providing any thing we need. We worked as team and had good coworkers. hardest part of the job is when we had problem in recieving of food and IDP's were waiting then we had to wait for the trucks and to control 2000 IDP's. But i was handling easily all the IDP's nicely and in friendly way.
Pros
Had good time with Co-workers
Cons
Worked 18 Hours a day.
* In emergencies day/Night
*Learned lot of new things about warehousing.

*Warehouse Management.

*I believe on team work

* Response in emergencies.

*To help the needy people
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at World Food Programme?
If you are work in UN relief work all day is typical become it is so risky work to give facilitation in (ware Place)
learn to social work in your work and how to deal People in different part.

Fully cooperative Management

You become a good dealing with Co-workers they do their job well if you have managerial skill ho do dell

i like in mostly part of place SWAT BUNNER MARDAN
Pros
Health Insurance and Medical Coverage of your Family Member
Cons
17 hur job some time
Worked in the capacity of COMPAS Assistant at the United Nations World Food Program (WFP) during the 2005 Earthquake Relief Operation at district Batagram. COMPAS is a full-fledged section of WFP responsible for logistics support and tracking of food and non-food Commodities/ items.

Main responsibilities of the assignments included;

1.Maintaining oracle database for tracking different food and non-food commodities.

2.Entertaining food release notes (FRNs) for giving logistics go ahead for dispatched.

3.Inserting Way Bills,SIV and SRV information into compas

4.Reconciling available stocks with dispatches and losses with Country office

5.Generating and sharing daily reports with supervisors

During the course of operation around 20,000 tons of different commodities including wheat flour, biscuits, dates, salt etc. were successfully tracked, reconciled and reported.
I like Logistices below are the the main Point which i understand with UN.
1.Coordination

2.Project planning, implementation and monitoring

3.Team management

4.Social organization

5.Database management

6.Logistics, warehousing, Supply Chain Management and commodity tracking

7.Expert in Food and Non Food Items.

With UN WFP i served three different emergencies such as Earthquick and Floods.Got a lot of experiences in emergencies.
IN world food program there are either emergencies (natural or man made calamities) or preparations for emergencies so its a very very busy job. It involves a great deal of travel to places located in remote areas and interaction with a variety of people.
The most enjoyable part of the job is when someone in need is helped and he thanks you not with he tongue but with light in his/her eyes, when a an aged man who is not given his chance due to his weakness and you provide him the opportunity and help, when a women or kid cannot find his place in man dominated society and you help him get their due share these are the moments that are priceless.

The hardest part of the job is when sometimes you are supervised by unqualified and inhumane supervisor who neither likes working nor want you to work with ease and are always trying to be bossy. I had one such supervisor.

The coworkers are the ones who make your work easy and enjoyable who supports you and guides you when you need guidance who enjoy your nonsense and are worried about your safety, i had many such friend from multicultural environments.
Every Day is Typical
Lot of work not only Warehouse relative ,Admin, HR, Transport

good

Very Cooperative

Work on Sunday

I work in Buner and Swat Place i enjoy
Pros
Medical insurance
Cons
these organisations provide assistant poverty,it provides shelter as well as food in emergency
Pros
free food, accomodation, transport
Cons
short hours
Outstanding Performance in Flood Emergency Operation 2010 in United Nations World Food Programme as well as in TDY mission to sind EMOP Pakistan,
That was the hardest part of job but i perform my level best with my team & we achieve our goal
Pros
Unwfp
Cons
Long Hours
Humantarian organization fighting against the Hunger worldwide
• Worked in flood Affected districts of Pakistan to stabilize and improve the nutritional and food security level at the most affected and vulnerable population in Pakistan
• We targeted the most vulnerable and marginalized people specially women and children

• Assisted in implementation of the action plan, review achievements, constraints and provide feedback

• Did reporting periodically to the head office on relevant events like food management, distribution, meetings with public officials and other related issues.

• Conducted capacity building trainings of filed staff
Cons
full time